2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

40 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Dua as a replacement headliner with Elton as a special guest would be top banter

Why not add some of the other guests she had on her concert over the weekend?  Kylie, Miley and Bad Bunny would make it extra spicey for sure. The Studio 2054 shows she is capable of creating an engaging and fun show that would go over well on the Pyramid.

Would be very surprised if Taylor is there next year now. We would've heard about other EU shows by now, and there's been no announcements of live shows at all in fact, plus she's not the type to fly over for a one off.

I'd love to see her there at some point, but think it's more likely to be 2022 now (by which time she'll have released her greatest hits/rerecorded hits project, which would be perfect for a headliner).

17 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Would be very surprised if Taylor is there next year now. We would've heard about other EU shows by now, and there's been no announcements of live shows at all in fact, plus she's not the type to fly over for a one off.

I'd love to see her there at some point, but think it's more likely to be 2022 now (by which time she'll have released her greatest hits/rerecorded hits project, which would be perfect for a headliner).

People keep saying that but I just don’t think it’s true? She literally flew over for a one off show in Paris last year. There’s a lot of evidence of her doing one off shows, both big and small. I’m not saying she will do Glastonbury as a one off, but I honestly think Taylor is one of a very small group of people who could quite easily decide to do a huge one off show such as Glastonbury. The super bowl weekend show she did in Texas is a great example - huge production, big televised event and a full 90 minute set. 

We don’t know either way on Taylor’s tour yet. We know she’s rescheduling the US dates, and we haven’t heard a peep on those. I think it’s clear she’s waiting to see what the picture looks like before the dates are announced. It’s just a waiting game, but it’s certainly not less likely than it was a few months ago!

Edited by jparx

20 June – Werchter Boutique (Werchter, Belgium)  - TBA/Dates free

24 June – The Waldbühne (Berlin, Germany) - TBA/ Dates free

26 June – Oslo Sommertid (Oslo, Norway) - LINEUP TBA

1 July – Roskilde Festival (Roskilde, Denmark) - LINEUP TBA

3 July – Open’er Festival (Gdynia, Poland) - FULL LINEUP TBA

5 July – Festival de Nîmes (Nîmes, France) - FULL LINEUP TBA

9 July – NOS Alive (Oeiras, Portugal)- FULL LINEUP TBA

so she’s not rescheduled Mad Cool but 90% of the dates she had planned for Europe she could reschedule. 

Virtually all of these are missing headliners.

Edited by Matt42

This is all speculation until we get word on some tour dates, but the other thing that might play in our favour re: Taylor is Glastonbury are one of the few (only?) major festivals yet to announce to anything at all. We know Taylor turned down initial offers from places like Mad Cool due to the uncertainty, and that festival in particular rushed to get a lineup out there. Glastonbury has been much more patient. Ken’s info was Taylor would return when it was more certain - with growing confidence out there she may now be in a position to commit, and Glastonbury MAY have a slot for her still (maybe not - we don’t really know if they’ve put pen to paper on headliners yet). You can be sure she’s desperate to do shows next year, particularly over here in her second country.

I certainly think there’s a chance she returns to some of the festivals she was initially doing with some new dates added in there. Mad Cool and NOS Alive may have just jumped the gun (understandably if they needed to shift tickets).  

30 minutes ago, jparx said:

Mad Cool and NOS Alive may have just jumped the gun (understandably if they needed to shift tickets).  

In the folklore doc, she said her management cancelled her entire tour and all her touring commitments. I won’t be surprised if they gave a “you can wait and see what we think in a few months” response and some festivals Mad Cool etc didnt take the gamble.

NOS still has a slot for her to headline right?

Seems like Taylor’s management did the same thing Kendrick’s management did. Cancel the entire tour and then rebook what you can, rather than agree to any rollover dates.

9 hours ago, jannybruck said:

I think its funny that you feel that there has to be clear evidence of her being in england and such next summer. Like its the only way you feel sure of yourself that anyone is gonna show up in Pilton. Whatever happened to sheer surprise or is that just a thing of the past? Didnt Taylor “surprise” everyone with Folklore? The apparent queen of secret shit and playing puzzle games with her fanbase seemingly doesnt appeal to you. So why cant Michael and Emily keep it on the hush hush on her potential re appearance? Its not as if you believe all the rumors and such from “industry sources” since we seemingly have been proven otherwise with Kendrick coming back into the picture within the last couple of months. I would say assume all 3 headliners are back unless we are told otherwise by Michael or Emily. Til then, just wear a damn mask and get the vaccine as soon as youre possibly able to before June 23 2021.

And if we needed some metrics for Dua making the jump. Because apparently its all analytics now or else you dont get to headline.

Edited by Suprefan

I’m not worried at all because virtually every American artist (bar a small few) are doing the same thing Taylor, Kendrick, and Billie are doing. Cancel tour, and say to the festivals/venues we may rebook if things even out. They just want some certainty before they spend all that money.

Personally I think the silence regarding Taylor is deafening, there’s still plenty of time for things to change, but the lack of info regarding European dates is telling. It would be fair to assume that if she’s doing Glasto then she’ll do BST again. BST are announcing and if they do indeed have Taylor Swift booked then they’ll want her wrapped up and tickets on sale in time for Christmas.

I don’t think she’ll be back until 2022 myself.

21 - Kendrick, Macca, Reg/AMs

22 - George Ezra, Fleetwood Mac, Taylor.

Edited by Hugh Jass

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

BST are announcing and if they do indeed have Taylor Swift booked then they’ll want her wrapped up and tickets on sale in time for Christmas.

Kinda agree with this. BST will be the litmus test - if she's not doing that, I'd expect her on the farm in 2022.

For 2021, I'm going with Kendrick / Macca / Dua, based on absolutely piss all information.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

For 2021, I'm going with Kendrick / Macca / Dua, based on absolutely piss all information.

Yeah if Taylor is out this is where I’m leaning. 

Although whilst I agree that in a normal year BST would want to have Taylor announced before Christmas (like last year), this isn’t a normal year, and clearly acts have been slower to pull the trigger on this kind of stuff so that’s not something I’m reading too much in to. If we’ve still had nothing by mid January, then that’s when I reckon we can call time on Taylor being rebooked.