• Artists by surname

• Middle names ignored - David Lee Roth goes under R

• Ignore 'The' i.e. The Beatles are under B

• Multiple albums by one artist are chronological 

• Lana Del Rey under B for Bin.

Anything else is a travesty. Including:

408678340_tenor(3).gif.e8179955ee83a584714656ecfe594403.gif

😂

Am I the only one who has his records completely random. General Laziness, I also love going to look for one record and then get sidetracked by another which then leads down a session of records I was not expecting.

Was thinking of categorising them, maybe alpha but maybe genre. Each time I try, off I go on another random excursion and never get around to it

17 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

• A to Z

• Artists by surname

How do you file your side eye dog photos?

On 10/23/2020 at 10:52 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's their CV as Glastonbury headliners rules them out as Glastonbury headliners.

I'll always stand by Gorillaz and say they would deserve a second chance. I saw them on the Plastic Beach tour, and it was a bit "eh"... However, I saw them 4 times (I think) between Humanz and The Now Now, and every show was brilliant.

I'd understand people's hesitation about them headlining after last time, but I personally don't think they should be judged solely on that. However, if they played I would love it if they were on John Peel Sunday night... Though I'd imagine Other is most realistic.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

• A to Z

• Artists by surname

This is how I try to organise but I’m terrible for a. Not putting records back in the correct place and b. Not incorporating new purchases in to the system so I’ve currently got a hellish mishmash of some records in the right places and others all over the shop.

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Here's one for you;

My RSD copy of the Tron Legacy: Reconfigured album just arrived. It's the Daft Punk album, remixed by various artists. So does it go next to my copy of Homework or inbetween Underworld and The Walkmen?

Soundtracks go by name of the film.  Whether you have them in amongst the main bulk of your albums or in a separate sub-category of their own is up for debate.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ve also got two whole boxes stuffed full of records that need to be put into the system that I have had for a couple of years now and just not got round to doing.

This can be a problem. My vinyl is stored in boxes under the stairs, so I build up a collection of stuff by my player that I've dug out plus new additions until I snap and have to sort them in. 

Given each box holds about 25 albums, this can be a right pain in the arse as adding in new ones can fill the box, so the ones at the back have to move to the front of the next box and on it goes.

Last time...

20200511_223258.thumb.jpg.93784939dee72fe1516b9b112925857f.jpg

Just checked, that was May. Don't think I can hold out until Christmas. 

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

This can be a problem. My vinyl is stored in boxes under the stairs, so I build up a collection of stuff by my player that I've dug out plus new additions until I snap and have to sort them in. 

Given each box holds about 25 albums, this can be a right pain in the arse as adding in new ones can fill the box, so the ones at the back have to move to the front of the next box and on it goes.

Last time...

20200511_223258.thumb.jpg.93784939dee72fe1516b9b112925857f.jpg

Just checked, that was May. Don't think I can hold out until Christmas. 

You definitely need to ask for a vinyl holder for Christmas. Maybe an excuse to buy some new furniture!

35 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

You definitely need to ask for a vinyl holder for Christmas. Maybe an excuse to buy some new furniture!

Not much chance of that. Was hard enough convincing the Mrs I needed new separates and they had to stay in the living room. She wanted some form of small spreaker.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I feel so embarrassed. 

I've finally gotten round to giving Kendrick a proper listen and.... Oh my god. It's incredible. 

I'm terrible for recognising the artist so was surprised when of the first 15 songs I knew, and loved, every single one.

Kenny convert. 

Welcome to the club 😍

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

I feel so embarrassed. 

I've finally gotten round to giving Kendrick a proper listen and.... Oh my god. It's incredible. 

I'm terrible for recognising the artist so was surprised when of the first 15 songs I knew, and loved, every single one.

Kenny convert. 

This was me when he was announced for this year. And I have revisited him all day now Glasto 21 is on with him headlining due to the vaccine 😁