2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

Always find it interesting  how a band like Arcade Fire, that has the reputation of being an incredible live act gets thrown to the wayside because they didnt end up playing for 60,000 people a night after headlining Glasto. Theyll probably play again, and you just place them with a Taylor Swift and a darling Uk act so that nobody gives a shit that theyre at the top. Its hard to find reliable festival headliners and theyre one of those types of acts.

9 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

for clarity, pyramid. 

If the festival has managed to get both Kendrick and McCartney back (or even another male-centric act to fill in  for one/both) but Taylor is a no-go then this seems like a pretty reasonable switcheroo if they’re keen on keeping a female at the top of the lineup. Dua was probably gonna end up doing it in the next couple of years anyway so bumping her up now and having Taylor come back whenever she’s ready to do so is a consolation prize I can live with. 

16 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm not sure what the other setlists were like but this run to end the main set was sensational:

Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
The Suburbs
The Suburbs (Continued)
Ready to Start
Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
Reflektor
Afterlife
Creature Comfort
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)

It helps that so many of their songs lead into each other live but I think that was the fastest 45-50 minutes I've ever had at a gig. So much fun. I don't think there's a better live band around at the moment. 

I was at the night where they played the Neighbourhood's in order and with Florence & Boy George guesting; safe to say my head fell off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

If the festival has managed to get both Kendrick and McCartney back (or even another male-centric act to fill in  for one/both) but Taylor is a no-go then this seems like a pretty reasonable switcheroo if they’re keen on keeping a female at the top of the lineup. Dua was probably gonna end up doing it in the next couple of years anyway so bumping her up now and having Taylor come back whenever she’s ready to do so is a consolation prize I can live with. 

If they’ve got Kendrick and Macca back then I can certainly live with Dua. Wasn’t going to see Taylor and probably wouldn’t see Dua so it’s no real change for me.

16 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Their Castlefield Bowl gig was the best I’ve ever seen them.

I could tell how good the gig was but felt a bit disconnected from it - was a little fuller than the bowl usually is and we stupidly ended up missing Everything Now because of the queue - we forgot about the new stringent security and turned up far too late. So we ended up at the side by the arches

Would love them back at Glastonbury, 2014 was amazing 

Edited by efcfanwirral

32 minutes ago, nikkic said:

You never want 3 nights on The Pyramid anyway.  

My only worry is that I was struggling for a Sunday headliner with Taylor, and that's not gonna change any with Dua, so I need there to be some other switcharoos on the smaller stages.

If there was any other evidence needed to prove Arcade Fire are has beens, Funeral is nine places below Harry Styles new just-okay album in Rolling Stones new best ever albums list:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-albums-of-all-time-1062063/

I’ve yet to have a proper look through for other ridiculous placements but that’s an early highlight.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If there was any other evidence needed to prove Arcade Fire are has beens, Funeral is nine places below Harry Styles new just-okay album in Rolling Stones new best ever albums list:

I’ve yet to have a proper look through for other ridiculous placements but that’s an early highlight.

Was nice to see Total Life Forever make the top 20 though. A surprise, for sure, but a welcome one.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Kanye gets to play glasto again cause he is better than radiohead, but at least not kendrick.

and Billie Eilish is a headliner now.

Edited by Suprefan

14 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I'll give this a read.  Jumped straight to number 1 just to see if it was going to be the same tired old list, but there's definitely been a bit of a change at the top so I reckon it's going to be worth a scroll.

14 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Was nice to see Total Life Forever make the top 20 though. A surprise, for sure, but a welcome one.

Eh? Are we looking at the same list?

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'll give this a read.  Jumped straight to number 1 just to see if it was going to be the same tired old list, but there's definitely been a bit of a change at the top so I reckon it's going to be worth a scroll.

Yep they’ve had a bit of a well needed shake up at the top of the list and there are some interesting (for better or for worse) inclusions throughout.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Don’t worry - it got me too 😄 After seeing Harry Styles so high I was willing to believe anything.

There are quite a few of the older albums in the top 100 I've not listened to in their entirety before, working from home for the foreseeable future so a perfect opportunity to give them all a few spins each. Thinking of setting up a little ranking spreadsheet for it too, I think someone else on these forums did something similar with an older list

2 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

There are quite a few of the older albums in the top 100 I've not listened to in their entirety before, working from home for the foreseeable future so a perfect opportunity to give them all a few spins each. Thinking of setting up a little ranking spreadsheet for it too, I think someone else on these forums did something similar with an older list

That would be me!

I've been working through the older version of the Top 100 since I've been WFH and made a spreadsheet scoring each album out of 100, jotting down my favourite song on each album, and adding any notes I have :) 

Going to have a look and see what has changed

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

That would be me!

I've been working through the older version of the Top 100 since I've been WFH and made a spreadsheet scoring each album out of 100, jotting down my favourite song on each album, and adding any notes I have :) 

I did see the list and wonder if you were going to have to start from scratch :lol:

32 minutes ago, Quark said:

I did see the list and wonder if you were going to have to start from scratch :lol:

Jeez they have completely changed it! I thought it might be a few additions and everything else in the same rough order.

Think I'll finish my current 100 and then start on this one :lol:

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Jeez they have completely changed it! I thought it might be a few additions and everything else in the same rough order.

Think I'll finish my current 100 and then start on this one :lol:

Ringo looking at the new Rolling Stone list

twitch.gif.84bff2855c89f01383bd5eb3357e1658.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Quark said:

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t worry - it got me too 😄 After seeing Harry Styles so high I was willing to believe anything.

tenor.gif

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

1 hour ago, Baggins7 said:

Big one for me was Joni Mitchell - Blue. Pretty much the only one in the top 20 at least I wasn't already familiar with. Stuck it on last night after reading through the top 100, brilliant record.

2 hours ago, northernringo said:

That would be me!

Love the idea! Are you doing it based on first listen or giving each one a few spins? How far have you got with the first list?

I was surprised with the amount the list has changed, I'd imagine that's down to a different pool of voters but still thought there would be a lot more crossover