2021 Headliners

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Rather look forward and be depressed than constantly depressed. This news says to me whenever the next Glasto is Kenny will be there. Only headliner I want he will be so sick and with everything that has gone on his set will be one for the ages.

This.

In all honesty the prospect of Kendrick not being at the next year’s fest had me down on the entire thing, such was the extent I was looking forward to his set.

For me the only cloud on the horizon (other than the fucking huge COVID shaped one) is why he hasn’t rearranged all of his appearances from the summer. I suspect he’s waited to decide if he’s actually going to tour next year and other fests have jumped the gun.

Hopefully GF have waited for him.

According to Ken... Kendrick’s team outright told some festivals he was booked for that he had no plans to return to Europe in 2021. Which is why some festivals have not rebooked him.

What would be concerning is if he said the same to glasto and glasto went and replaced him.

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Fucking Ken.

I swear it came out at this time last year they hadn't been signed up, they don't normally sign people up till later anyway, it's been lined up all summer.

Ken is saying that this Kendrick date does contradict absolutely everything he’s seen / been told.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Kendrick being this side of the Atlantic at any stage next year is good enough, let alone in the same rough ballpark! This was a dead and buried dream. Let the joy simmer for at least an hour or two.

No 👏 realism 👏 please 👏 and 👏 thanks 👏

I can sense it in the waters he’s about to drop another album of the decade and probably cement himself as one of the most critically acclaimed artists of our time.

I don’t think there’s a need for realism. What we thought is wrong and he is about and he can play.

54 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

According to Ken... Kendrick’s team outright told some festivals he was booked for that he had no plans to return to Europe in 2021. Which is why some festivals have not rebooked him.

What would be concerning is if he said the same to glasto and glasto went and replaced him.

I kinda get the sense that Glastonbury have not yet put pen to paper on their headliners, or at least have only done it recently. I don't feel like they were jumping the gun along with the other festivals back in June when we had all those announcements. Could be wrong, but that's my hunch.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I kinda get the sense that Glastonbury have not yet put pen to paper on their headliners, or at least have only done it recently. I don't feel like they were jumping the gun along with the other festivals back in June when we had all those announcements. Could be wrong, but that's my hunch.

Yeah I agree. As much as they'll obviously want the best headliners they're in a much better position than other festivals who still need to sell tickets and have big names. Even if they ended up with a weaker year (e.g. Foals, Dua Lipa, The 1975), they've already sold out and would still sell out even if a few extra people put their tickets back in the pot.

Neil's info from a few weeks ago about them talking to Muse, Florence and Arctic Monkeys is still plausible but it makes sense if those talks were based on if they can't get this year's headliners back rather than formal offers, which I think is what Neil meant by it anyway. 

I hope they'll rejig the days a bit for next year. I had a clashmegadon on that Friday, I'm still not entirely sure who I would have seen. But on the Sunday I'd struggle to find something to see.

I don't really care who headlines next year, as long as it's on is all that matters. Though having a solid option each night would be a nice bonus.