2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Right now I’m more concerned about whether it goes ahead rather than who’s playing...

She wouldn’t be my first pick. Or second. Or third. Or fourth.... I don’t see it, I don’t see the bump from Other to Pyramid in 12 months.

The future nostalgia album was massive over lockdown, it's only definitely enhanced her standing. 

Was she headlining other? She'd have definitely been one of the biggest crowds on that stage. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Right now I’m more concerned about whether it goes ahead rather than who’s playing...

She wouldn’t be my first pick. Or second. Or third. Or fourth.... I don’t see it, I don’t see the bump from Other to Pyramid in 12 months.

I mean Basement Jaxx headlined the Other Stage in 04 and then the Pyramid in 05 *(admittedly under exceptional circumstances). Prodigy and Stormzy both did that jump over consecutive fests but with a fallow year in between...

I'm not sure its particularlly likely, but it wouldnt be that unprecedented

2 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

You can like her or not, but Dua Lipa headlining a 50th Anniversary is poor. 

So was Kenny but that's my opinion.

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Fucking fantastic.

Seriously though, a great booking, massive artist, deserves the step up and a woman headliner which will boost her profile massively. Will be there if nothing else is on, maybe not if she's Friday night and Thom Yorke is playing.

If its correct then Dua Lipa // Paul McCartney // Arctic Monkeys

That trio would be great for me.

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah by all accounts she was headlining the Other opposite Macca.

Oooo that would have been hard. Macca is great and all but his voice isn't the same now and all you really want is the encore. 

I'd have seen what the set lists for the gigs before Glastonbury were but dua on other before sneaking into the back of the pyramid could have been on the cards.

30 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Oooo that would have been hard. Macca is great and all but his voice isn't the same now and all you really want is the encore. 

Can’t agree with that, I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Macca a few times, most recently a couple of years ago, and not only is his voice still fine but you are also getting two and a bit hours of non-stop classics. The man is responsible for some of the greatest music ever made, and he brings all of it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sisco said:

I’m with you.  In the last month my excitement and optimism for Glastonbury has sunk to a massive low.  I was optimistic when they were taking of thousands of fans being allowed back in stadiums and that was cancelled and we're ready for the winter spike.  Can I see 200,000 in a field, not a chance.

Hate saying it but I suppose it’s my way of dealing with the disappointment 

Yeah I'm feeling the same. 

I think I kinda thought it would have all settled down a bit by now and we'd be well on the way to getting back to normal. HA! Foolish I know, but it was nice to think that.

3 hours ago, sisco said:

I’m with you.  In the last month my excitement and optimism for Glastonbury has sunk to a massive low.  I was optimistic when they were taking of thousands of fans being allowed back in stadiums and that was cancelled and we're ready for the winter spike.  Can I see 200,000 in a field, not a chance.

Hate saying it but I suppose it’s my way of dealing with the disappointment 

Same here. I can see the cows headlining every stage again next year sadly..

Wouldn't mind having someone I'm not too interested in on the Friday, depends if they rejig the headliners on the other stages. I had a pretty rough Editors v Thom Yorke clash lined up this year, so adding another good option on that Friday would be manic for me.

4 hours ago, lighthouse said:

One of the most depressing things I've read all year. And that's a big thing to say.

Shouldn’t be. The celebration of the first Glastonbury Festival after a year (or years) of misery and uncertainty is going to be a fuck of a lot bigger than it being fifty years since the first one which no c**t going went to.

For real, thinking about ‘the 50th’ now makes it seem silly that we were amped for this ‘bigger lineup than ever’ bash when the lineup matters little in comparison to just getting back there now.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

With that I say give me your Dua Lipa, The Strokes, Foals. I’m happy even if it’s not all top-tier stuff. Even change Dua Lipa to Lana Del Rey - it’s fine by me!

As a few of us have said, give us Kaiser Chiefs opening AND closing the Pyramid Stage - just get us on that farm.

• Upvote 1