2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

On the plus side this gives a pretty strong indication that there will be new QOTSA material coming in the next 12 months.

Wouldn't think so. They just play gigs when they're asked. Josh just unloaded a bunch of songs for Desert Sessions and has been dealing with a messy divorce all year.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Wouldn't think so. They just play gigs when they're asked. Josh just unloaded a bunch of songs for Desert Sessions and has been dealing with a messy divorce all year.

Must admit I've been hearing that Josh has been writing so there could well be something coming. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah because nobody ever writes music about breakups do they?

I meant going to court and dealing with the custody battles and restraining orders, not that he would be too sad to write.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah but how long does it take to write a song? An hour tops? Plenty of time.

I think that's what people think quite a lot. :lol:

I mean, they could bang out some new stuff but a festival set from them isn't a great indicator. They did Glasto 2011 about four years on from an album and played R+L twice on album campaign. They are mercenaries.

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

I can't believe I've waited 10 years to see Rage Against the Machine back together and r&l drop that.

I'm hoping for that off chance Eavis goes ahead and pulls them out of the bag.

They're in the US around Glastonbury. I think it's been confirmed in a band statement or by another festival that they were coming back to Europe fall 2021 so it's not gonna be much longer a wait than R+L would have been.

Just now, dentalplan said:

They're in the US around Glastonbury. I think it's been confirmed in a band statement or by another festival that they were coming back to Europe fall 2021 so it's not gonna be much longer a wait than R+L would have been.

Tbh I've rather see them do their own show than Leeds fest so it's not all bad, just gutted, I suppose whats another year added on too 10.

19 minutes ago, Divein said:

With them saying no main stage clashes do you think it’ll be like Primavera where you have the stages effectively facing each other and as one stage finishes the other starts? 

Likely stagger the times on the 2 stages by 5-10 mins just to give people a slight break and to move. But looking at the map of the fest theyll have to place them next to each other. Unless theyre going to move Radio 1 and the Dance Stage to have them be on opposite ends of the main field there is no other way. 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

5 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

I can't believe I've waited 10 years to see Rage Against the Machine back together and r&l drop that.

I'm hoping for that off chance Eavis goes ahead and pulls them out of the bag.

Let’s keep in mind we stink at handling covid and that tour could get pushed which leaves them as an option if nothing else is happening for a while in the U.S. You cant put it past Glasto for maybe considering that scenario.

45 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Disclosure must have the best agent in the world. How on earth have they bargained up after stagnating totally after Settle?

Nah, the new album is good.

The EP which formed most of the last half of Energy is full of great house tunes. The rest of the album has some absolute bangers on there and does what they do best. Bringing dance music to the charts. 

Not for your edm purists but they're popular for a reason 

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Nah, the new album is good.

The EP which formed most of the last half of Energy is full of great house tunes. The rest of the album has some absolute bangers on there and does what they do best. Bringing dance music to the charts. 

Not for your edm purists but they're popular for a reason 

It’s pretty unremarkable I thought - some good stuff but largely pretty forgettable dance tunes. The Reading/Leeds crowd will love it though and I’m sure they’ll go down well. It’s exactly the kind of stuff the current R/L crowd eats up.

• Like 1

Just now, FloorFiller said:

It’s pretty unremarkable I thought - some good stuff but largely pretty forgettable dance tunes. The Reading/Leeds crowd will love it though and I’m sure they’ll go down well. It’s exactly the kind of stuff the current R/L crowd eats up.

Agreed. I liked the singles but felt pretty let down by the album. Better than the last, but nothing special.

I've put it on again now to give it another chance so will report back if anything changes.