2021 Headliners

17 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Has 'landfill' been reclaimed for use by those it once described?  Otherwise, the word 'greatest' has been stretched beyond all previous recognition in that sentence.

Still, I'm going to give it a read.

Given how many of these acts are not only outside-the-bin but more popular than ever, it has definitely been reappropriated.

I like it though. I want the playlist.

I’m sure this has been discussed over on the Reading/Leeds thread, but for those of us who prefer to stay away from that dark, unholy place the BBC are doing a virtual R/L, similar to their Glasto coverage.

Mught watch a bit of Radiohead later, then maybe YYY’s on Sunday...

955E8F95-5F5A-4747-9976-417202F876AE.png

Edited by Hugh Jass

20 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Not strictly headliner related (though it does feature one of our rumoured headliners) but I thought some of you would enjoy this

The Holloways, Hard-Fi and Boy Kill Boy must be sat around wondering how they didn't make this list?

Some bad opinions aplenty throughout this article. The Rakes for example were hugely underrated, they made 3 absolutely stellar albums and there is nothing landfill or dated about their material. 

4 minutes ago, reflekting said:

The Holloways, Hard-Fi and Boy Kill Boy must be sat around wondering how they didn't make this list?

Some bad opinions aplenty throughout this article. The Rakes for example were hugely underrated, they made 3 absolutely stellar albums and there is nothing landfill or dated about their material. 

Not a single tune from the Kaiser Chiefs, who were one of the progenitors of this shite.

7 minutes ago, reflekting said:

Well, apart from still smelling like they smoking bit of a Wetherspoon pub’.

Great band!