2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

Glastonbury or Doctor Who? 

Either answer is acceptable. 

Both. Neither. Who knows. Could have just been my own reflection in the turned off TV, the trip back to Manchester kills off any brain cells that aren't done away with during the weekend.

We say about bumping acts up and ordinarily they would but people after this years disappointment will generally want proven stadia and festival headliners and Flo, AM and Muse fulfil that, most Glasto goers that arent obsessed and maybe new Glasto goers will be happy by that.

Its three headliners that drunk I would see if nothing is on however I would miss Flo for Thom Yorke, I want a good Muse experience after feeling let down at the Etihad though that ship may have passed. 

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

For all of the mockery and complaints about Muse, I am a stone cold sucker for that massive, face melting riff that kicks in towards the end of Cydonia. And I’d probably stand through a lot of their nonsense to hear it.

Plug In Baby 
Stockholm Syndrome 
Hysteria
Time Is Running Out
New Born
Assassin 
Starlight
Super Massive Black Hole
Muscle Museum
Showbiz
Citizen Erased 
Take A Bow
Knights
Uprising 

Plenty of tunes for a decent set, maybe just grab a beer when they start playing their more recent nonsense.

47 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Plug In Baby 
Stockholm Syndrome 
Hysteria
Time Is Running Out
New Born
Assassin 
Starlight
Super Massive Black Hole
Muscle Museum
Showbiz
Citizen Erased 
Take A Bow
Knights
Uprising 

Plenty of tunes for a decent set, maybe just grab a beer when they start playing their more recent nonsense.

Tried that approach in 2016 and they played most of those tunes, but the atmosphere was nonexistent and made it very hard to get anything out of it. I really like Muse, but not for Glastonbury again after their last appearance. Get em on John Peel for an hour in The Killers slot and you’re on.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Tried that approach in 2016 and they played most of those tunes, but the atmosphere was nonexistent and made it very hard to get anything out of it. I really like Muse, but not for Glastonbury again after their last appearance. Get em on John Peel for an hour in The Killers slot and you’re on.

I didn’t see them in 2016 but watched it on iPlayer a month or so back and it was a bit of a weird one. Most of the songs you’d want/expect were there but something about the set just didn’t pop at all. I think them touring and playing semi-heavily from a tired and pretty shit new album at the time didn’t help things, but also just that their older ‘hits’ that they play less of these days are clearly just much better songs than what’s come since. The likes of New Born, Bliss, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Muscle Museum, Citizen Erased etc that were all left off in favour of newer stuff didn’t do them any favours at all. Hopefully next time they do it they’ll realise they’re a greatest hits band now and not one whose new albums are setting the world on fire.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've never had a trio made entirely of repeat headliners before, have we? Macca/AM/FatM/Muse would all fit in that category.

I know it's an exceptional year but Emily has shown a willingness to take risks in the past. Surely, even if we have lost Kenny and Taylor, she would find someone new and exciting she could bump up.

1 minute ago, cloudbusting said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've never had a trio made entirely of repeat headliners before, have we? Macca/AM/FatM/Muse would all fit in that category.

I know it's an exceptional year but Emily has shown a willingness to take risks in the past. Surely, even if we have lost Kenny and Taylor, she would find someone new and exciting she could bump up.

But the main bulk of goers will want something massive to make up for it and being safe is the best way to go forward. People always want Arctics and Muse are massive whatever people say about them and Florence its the female representation who smashed it last time and people will see. This is a year of planning and the headliners take a back seat. Finding a strategy for it to happen is the main thing I reckon.

11 hours ago, zahidf said:

I reckon McCartney stays at Sat headliner, and Arctic Monkey are Kendrick Lamar's replacement. Still mulling over their Sunday options if i had to guess

This. Especially if the Aerosmith are still on the cards, I just can’t see them still doing a special guest slot under muse, AM or flo, and I’m a pretty big fan of muse and flo.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Just think they are worried about the festival and have roped in three mates of theirs which happen to be massive

Or at the very least have put the feelers out there to see who’s about. 

We don’t know the substance of these conversations yet.

25 minutes ago, jparx said:

Fair enough. 

I’ve not seen Muse since they played The Emirates a few years back. 

Unsurprisingly, given that it’s The Emirates, there was also a lack of atmosphere. The band were on point though. 

They’re an easy enough back up option for me if there’s nothing else on.

Talking of Flo, I do think he'd be a good replacement in Kendrick's slot. They're obviously the same genre, rap and hip-hop. They also both appeal to a slightly younger audience compared to someone like Macca. He's definitely got enough hits to pack out an hour and a half set. I'd probably end up being there and having a great time.

• Upvote 1