2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

For all of the mockery and complaints about Muse, I am a stone cold sucker for that massive, face melting riff that kicks in towards the end of Cydonia. And I’d probably stand through a lot of their nonsense to hear it.

Preach. It's so wonderfully OTT in a good way.

I think maybe that's why Muse annoy me a wee bit. You listen to stuff like that or Plug In Baby or Time Is Running Out and you know what they're capable of doing.

If this is true then it would mean my 4th Glasto would have a headliner from each of the other 3 times I've been.

This is one of those posts like texting into a radio station, it's only interesting to the person sending it.

• Upvote 4

I'm not gonna knock Glastonbury if they're struggling to land headliners and want to confirm a proven headliner like Muse but its hard to get enthused about 1 band headlining 3 times across 9 consecutive festivals. Really takes the sting out of all of my Download line-up insults.

Just want to add to the record that I would be over the bloody moon if the Florence rumour comes to fruition. 

28 minutes ago, 1986 said:

If this is true then it would mean my 4th Glasto would have a headliner from each of the other 3 times I've been.

This is one of those posts like texting into a radio station, it's only interesting to the person sending it.

3 minutes ago, 1986 said:

If it was really a year of slim pickings or British only criteria which I don't think it will be, what better time to bump some people up who have never done it?

Agree with both of these posts as well, though.

Florence / AM / Macca would be the ideal trio given the current state of play. Find it hard to see Macca not doing it, given the various (albeit tenuous) titbits of info. Just need to make sure I get a fucking ticket for Taylor in 2022.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Les Goûts et les Couleurs  😉

Dead tired of Muse. Saw them at Werchter last year and didn't even manage to sit that concert out. 

Haha I would have more sympathy if the acts in the original post didn't include The Strokes and Gorillaz.

52 minutes ago, 1986 said:

If it was really a year of slim pickings or British only criteria which I don't think it will be, what better time to bump some people up who have never done it?

Tbh a set of Dua Lipa // 1975 // Foals or something similar would be a smashing weekend

I saw Muse on 2016 and while I love some of their older stuff I didn't enjoy this set and felt disappointed by it, this would be the perfect opportunity to see something else and probably away from the main stages.

AM...Yea I'd get drunk and have a great time.

Florence I saw in 2015 and was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it, so much so I'd probably like to just keep these memories and not risk spoiling them. 

They are all really strong headliners and fit the bill however if they're struggling, I'd love for glasto to give Dua Lipa, Dave or Billie a shot at it above any of these three. 

Edited by Kalopsia

7 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I'd love for glasto to give Dua Lipa, Dave or Billie a shot at it above any of these three. 

Does Billie even still make any music anymore? I thought she was more into the acting, and even then I haven't seen her in anything since Doctor Who. Seems a bit of a stretch. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Does Billie even still make any music anymore? I thought she was more into the acting, and even then I haven't seen her in anything since Doctor Who. Seems a bit of a stretch. 

I think she's planning a comeback, I've got a source that told me she was going to a Walk of Life 20th anniversary tour this year but has unfortunately delayed it to 2021. Sunday night headliner? That album alone has got enough hits for it, that's for sure.

😂

Edited by Kalopsia

4 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Because We Want To on the Pyramid would go OFF

• Upvote 2