2021 Headliners

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t know whether you’re saying she is in fact non-binary or that C&TQ are a group but neither of those things are true.

She’s not non-binary she is pansexual! The queens refers to a drag act who she used to perform with! She is now branding herself as Chris which I guess could be male or female! I don’t think we need to brand her as anything! At the end of the day she is an amazingly talented performer

• Like 1

Just now, Sdsm123 said:

She’s not non-binary she is pansexual! The queens refers to a drag act who she used to perform with! She is now branding herself as Chris which I guess could be male or female! I don’t think we need to brand her as anything! At the end of the day she is an amazingly talented performer

Okay!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's perfectly fair to judge their potential to headline the Pyramid in the context of the previous time they did it and fucked it.

They also had only 2 weeks notice to pull it off. It's like judging Hayden Mullins' ability as a manager based on the two games he just had with Watford.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I always thought it was really impressive that they managed to get Snoop Dog, De La Soul, Mark E Smith, Lou Reed, Bobby Womack, Shaun Ryder, the little dragon singer and Bootie Brown on such short notice

Yeah I remember being really excited in the lead up hearing about all the guests they’d managed to secure. Just a shame that in practice the guests made the whole thing more disjointed, and the crowd seemingly didn’t really give a shit about or know half of them.

There was brilliance at points (and Snoop coming on was an all time great moment) but yeah, the rest was a bit awkward and disjointed. Fair play to Damon though, it can't have been easy with such short notice.  

I'm of the opinion that they'd absolutely slay a sub or OS headline slot. 

Edited by Zacko

40 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Also, FWIW, they were absolutely amazing at Boomtown in 2018. And I'm not even really that much of a fan!

Agreed. That whole field doing the big side to side arm wave thing for Superfast Jellyfish is burned into my mind in particular, but the entire gig was great.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

they really were fantastic at boomtown! It was a real highlight for me that year.

the only downside was a fella stood by us got his bag robbed by a group of lads, not nice :( 

Should have called over some of the security you made friends with :)