2021 Headliners

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

But yeah the dates they are announcing have a huge Glasto gap. I did think they’d be a shoe in for APE but all of their dates are for June/July not May. It seems like the touring window is right around Glasto.

APE is like a week before Primavera. Really dont see how that excludes it from the touring window, especially as Gorillaz are a UK band. A big London show would be a great way to start the tour

42 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

APE is like a week before Primavera. Really dont see how that excludes it from the touring window, especially as Gorillaz are a UK band. A big London show would be a great way to start the tour

Isn’t it two weeks before? I’m not discounting that being the case. I can still see them doing APE and maybe headlining the other stage at Glasto - but I think with the June/July dates they’ve announced so far there’s a strong case for them being at the G. There is a clear glasto gap.

Teeny bit concerning though that Fatboy Slim, Dua Lipa, and Pet Shop Boys are all heavily likely to come back.

So maybe the Other Stage headline stuff is just useless to suggest if we’ve already got them sorted?

The only thing I can imagine if them politely asking Fatboy to step down if they have other bookings aligned?

Or they offer Dua a pyramid headline slot on her next tour if she waits a bit.

Maybe with Gorillaz it is pyramid or nout

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Teeny bit concerning though that Fatboy Slim, Dua Lipa, and Pet Shop Boys are all heavily likely to come back.

So maybe the Other Stage headline stuff is just useless to suggest if we’ve already got them sorted?

The only thing I can imagine if them politely asking Fatboy to step down if they have other bookings aligned?

I still Gorillaz could sub the Pyramid. I don't think it's the most likely outcome, but I'd say it's on the table.

You're probably right that the Other headliners are returning. Fatboy is the question mark, but personally I think he will be back because he was clearly booked there for a reason, and I think the festival will probably honour the booking. 

All jokes aside, while I do think they are in the realm of possibility to headline, I don't expect it. I think they'd prefer to roll the dice and go for something a bit leftfield before signing up Gorillaz.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I would be absolutely amazed if any of the other headers change myself.  All going to be around so would be a bit of a harsh one to say, Oi Fatboy we’ve got someone better now.  

Only possibility is if any of them got moved to sub the pyramid and they’re happy to do it for the prestige. I think Fatboy could do that Easily actually to give him a prime pyramid spot (has he ever before)

Edited by sisco

1 minute ago, sisco said:

I would be absolutely amazed if any of the other headers change myself.  All going to be around so would be a bit of a harsh one to say, Oi Fatboy we’ve got someone better now.  

Only possibility is if any of them got moved to sub the pyramid and they’re happy to do it for the prestige. I think Fatboy could do that Easily actually to give him a prime pyramid spot (has he ever before)

Fatboy Slim subbing would be hella disappointing because it really would feel like a slot they could have given to someone else.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Fatboy Slim subbing would be hella disappointing because it really would feel like a slot they could have given to someone else.

Yeah but conversely it would be nice to see such a party atmosphere across the Pyramid field. 

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dua will be busy campaigning for Albanian ethnonationalism so her spot will be free.

Lay off Fatboy! Turns up every year, plays whatever venue he's given, multiple sets and throws a wicked party for anybody who turns up. If he's getting a big slot, it's a one off celebration and it's just as deserved as anybody else who gets the slot each year. 

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Lay off Fatboy! Turns up every year, plays whatever venue he's given, multiple sets and throws a wicked party for anybody who turns up. If he's getting a big slot, it's a one off celebration and it's just as deserved as anybody else who gets the slot each year. 

Exactly 😆

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

In that case it’s going to be Fat Boy Slim, Mik Artistik and the Kaiser Chiefs as the 3 headliners.

Would also be the first time I see all the headliners in one year. 

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

Exactly 😆

Yes but normally it's in places you wouldn't get into without being there ages before and it'll be a dj set. 

Fatboy on a big stage would be littered with his hits and allow everyone to party. 

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Yes but normally it's in places you wouldn't get into without being there ages before and it'll be a dj set. 

Fatboy on a big stage would be littered with his hits and allow everyone to party. 

Yep and that’s why I thought a pyramid wouldn’t be the most ridiculous thing.  I’ve no doubt he’ll have a massive slot next year

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I'm not anti him doing a set on a big stage, just think it would be a shame for it to be a Pyramid sub or Other headline slot, just my opinion though.

13 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I'm not anti him doing a set on a big stage, just think it would be a shame for it to be a Pyramid sub or Other headline slot, just my opinion though.

Haha na that's fair. 

I just think that sometimes this forum gets too hung up on having an interesting act in every big slot and loses sight of just having fun. 

Edited by zeppelin
Edit: forgot words

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

I think an other stage headline is very worthy or something on pyramid less than headline would be great ...  would be a fun slot ... if nothing else was available ... every fat boy slot I’ve been to has been heaving ... 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Haters talking as if Fatboy Slim into Lady Gaga on the Pyramid wouldn't be the party of the century

I mean it would be fun. Weird evening though.

I hope Fatboy Slim subbing doesn’t become the new Kaiser Chiefs subbing the Foos. Can we stamp it out before it becomes that 🤣