2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Anyone else looking forward to another 7 months of this thread before we actually get anywhere near a confirmed headliner 😂

Absolutely!  Anyone just checking in and seeing the amount of activity over the last few days would think there had been developments on the headliner situation - to find nothing but wild speculation and conjecture!  But then, that's normal isn't it?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yikes.

Less so for Mumford & Sons (because they’ve already headlined) but I do think Aerosmith headlining might be something we’re looking at with the acts dropping out. When looking for headline-sized bands to step in for dropouts, having headline-sized bands already hiding in guest spots on the lineup is a nice luxury to have.

Reading this thread I've thought it very unlikely that Aerosmith would keep up as an afternoon guest under some of the headliners being mentioned. This year they'd have been playing under Taylor Swift and Paul McCartney, 1 act a literal living legend and the other who sells out stadiums. Kendrick as well is very special in the USA as being a sorta of musical leader of a cultural movement and moment (even before this current moment that was true).

Even as a surprise set, I don't see them having the same comfort doing this under a trio of headliners that's more, let's say, "standard." So yes I'd bet they either get bumped up to headliner or drop out. 

I do think my favorite trio being invented here, Eilish/McCartney/Gaga, does keep the sort of level of 2020? But if Mumford or RHCP or the 1975 or Florence are up there I don't see Aerosmith staying a daytime surprise. 

5 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Absolutely!  Anyone just checking in and seeing the amount of activity over the last few days would think there had been developments on the headliner situation - to find nothing but wild speculation and conjecture!  But then, that's normal isn't it?

Yep, just another day in the headliner thread.

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

Wondering if there are any viable rappers to fill the KL slot.

Not coming up with much.

Why not look at the British scene again. Has Skepta's stock dropped a bit, or is he a viable headliner?

He's got somewhat of a wide appeal, and could bring in a lot of guest spots from other members of BBK to Slaves to even Kanye West or Pharrell.

I'd happily see Skepta up there, just not sure whether he'd be in the festival's mind at all for it?

Sitting this afternoon listening to Good Evening New York City. I know it's been a decade or so since then and his voice is a bit shakier now but man, some of those moments are made for the Pyramid.

Please give us Macca next year, I promise I won't make a single complaint about the other two headliners if you do (bookmark this cause I'll forget).

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Oh I remain optimistic that something will happen.  Just remains to be seen whether we have what we'd normally think of as "viable" headliners and big names, or whether all bets are off and we have smaller acts because of travel restrictions or something like that.

Scenes when our headliners are Teleman, Sports Team and Fatboy Slim :D

Avalon may end up with me playing the spoons for Friday night