2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Do you not get the feeling that this is Gaga's time to do it?  She peaked like 10 years ago, had a dip, and has had a resurgence lately - A Star is Born / Shallow and the new album which is a return to form.  Its now or never for her and I reckon if Emily asked her she would be mad not to take the opportunity.

I don't necessarily think it's now or never for her as she isn't gonna fall off any time soon, but as you say, coming off the back of A Star is Born and Chromatica would be an excellent time to secure her. She filled in for Beyonce when she had to pull out of Coachella so fingers crossed she was more than happy to do the same for Taylor (or, even better, she was already lined up for 2021 and didn't need to budge at all).

Just now, FloorFiller said:

I don't necessarily think it's now or never for her as she isn't gonna fall off any time soon, but as you say, coming off the back of A Star is Born and Chromatica would be an excellent time to secure her. She filled in for Beyonce when she had to pull out of Coachella so fingers crossed she was more than happy to do the same for Taylor (or, even better, she was already lined up for 2021 and didn't need to budge at all).

I'm convinced, Gaga is happening till it isn't.

20 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Do you not get the feeling that this is Gaga's time to do it?  She peaked like 10 years ago, had a dip, and has had a resurgence lately - A Star is Born / Shallow and the new album which is a return to form.  Its now or never for her and I reckon if Emily asked her she would be mad not to take the opportunity.

Has she had a resurgence? Literally the only place I've heard anyone mention the new album is on here. And I mean literally in the correct use of the word.

Just went to look for reviews of it, and I see it was only released 6 weeks ago? I thought it must have been in February or something and I'd forgotten about the buzz...

I heard far more about her when the Jimmy Fallon debacle/publicity stunt happened....

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Has she had a resurgence? Literally the only place I've heard anyone mention the new album is on here. And I mean literally in the correct use of the word.

Just went to look for reviews of it, and I see it was only released 6 weeks ago? I thought it must have been in February or something and I'd forgotten about the buzz...

Comments like this baffle me. Where you been? Do you have any gay mates?

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I heard far more about her when the Jimmy Fallon debacle/publicity stunt happened....

2 of the biggest hits of the year so far.  I don't really follow the charts but was not surprised when I looked it up as those 2 tracks have been everywhere.

image.png.4902b08e8764f62a5f5c5f1b254fc19a.png

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

2 of the biggest hits of the year so far.  I don't really follow the charts but was not surprised when I looked it up as those 2 tracks have been everywhere.

And the singles and album were only released about a month ago, there's more time for it to grow in popularity, for example Tones & I has been charting since the end of last year 

7 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Can genuinely say that with the exception of Capaldi’s two and Billie’s Bond time I have not heard one of those songs...

Dua Lipa’s album is on my list of records to get round to listening to.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

It was tongue and cheek 😝 to my group she’s released the biggest pride anthem since believe 

Ah fair enough, I obviously don’t move in the right circles.

Then again, based on my current consumption it would be Baby Shark and poorly animated nursery rhymes on the Pyramid.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Yeah totally. I made the AC/DC 1991 Donington comparison yesterday and I think that holds up. It wouldn't be her peak in terms of record sales etc., but it's off the back of a return to form and she's moved from the "big pop star" to "worldwide star" status, almost transcending pop music. It would have every chance to be a seminal, career defining performance.

Edited by jparx

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Burna Boy was actually booked this year, to the roaring sound of tumbleweeds.

The guy has actually got a massive following. I didn’t realise this either. Middle of the day JP but I think he would have packed the tent.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ah fair enough, I obviously don’t move in the right circles.

Then again, based on my current consumption it would be Baby Shark and poorly animated nursery rhymes on the Pyramid.

Yeah sorry to anyone who interpreted that as a dig, more of a genuine shock that a song that I’ve heard virtually on repeat everywhere I’ve been for the past few months someone knows nothing about 😂

Does anyone have a link to better Coach footage than this? Yeah, it would be fucking incredible and Gaga is top my list now we've lost Taylor, I'm just waiting on getting too invested until we see some more dates earlier in the summer.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can genuinely say that with the exception of Capaldi’s two and Billie’s Bond time I have not heard one of those songs...

Dua Lipa’s album is on my list of records to get round to listening to.

What - you have escaped Dance Monkey?

Dua Lipa's album is well worth a listen to

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'll be honest, even as a non-parent I could go for Hey Duggee as an intro to my Sunday morning