2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

2 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Disagree.

And I liked her album, but she really isn't a Glasto headliner.

She is no Adele or Taylor imo.

That's not exactly fair. Those are two of the biggest pop artists that could be booked. You don't get, like, The Killers denied because they're not the Stones or Stormzy denied because he's not Drake.

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

TOP, Killers, Mumfords, RHCP, Gorillaz, Massive Attack, The Strokes, The National,  Billie Eilish (announcement soon), Thom Yorke, ASAP Rocky, Tyler the Creator.

That’s all I’m arsed to know and find out 

A lot of these are slightly smaller festivals who’s headliners (for the most part) would probably be more likely to sub Glastonbury, or be in that weird too big to sub/too small to headline bracket. Still got a lot of major festivals left to announce who’ll give us a much better picture of who’s available.

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

TOP, Killers, Mumfords, RHCP, Gorillaz, Massive Attack, The Strokes, The National,  Billie Eilish (announcement soon), Thom Yorke, ASAP Rocky, Tyler the Creator.

That’s all I’m arsed to know and find out 

Crikey! Wish I didn’t ask

But thanks, have an upvote for your time

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Macca's Global Citizen performance of Lady Madonna more of a worry tbh

Not a worry at all for me. That was about as far from an ideal setting as possible and he was doing a weird reworked version.  Don’t think you can judge anything from that and it’s best forgotten.

Just now, sisco said:

Crikey! Wish I didn’t ask

But thanks, have an upvote for your time

Wasn’t meant like that, I couldn’t really think of anyone else. It’s very bland at the moment and doesn’t seem to get much better, let’s hope acts will do Glastonbury due to its name and pull better artists 

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

No signs of touring as far as we know, but it’s still early days so whilst I’m not necessarily expecting him to play, there’s still time for other acts to announce tours etc.

Is looking a little worrying judging by other festivals lineups coming together, mind. Glastonbury managed to get the cream of the crop for this year headliner wise, whereas now there doesn’t seem to be much on that same level (for my personal taste, anyway).

i still dont always believe acts need to have a reason to be over there to be considered for the festival, much less headline. If Glasto is fighting to try to have some uniqueness at the top of the bill, then youre making it a point to limit how many performances they do around the festival. I take no issue with Kendrick or Taylor having a BST date as it makes up for anyone unable to secure a festival ticket. And in these times you can assume most promoters will explore all options available. But you cant really say he would be out of the question just cause nobody else is attempting at this point to your knowledge.

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

i still dont always believe acts need to have a reason to be over there to be considered for the festival, much less headline. If Glasto is fighting to try to have some uniqueness at the top of the bill, then youre making it a point to limit how many performances they do around the festival. I take no issue with Kendrick or Taylor having a BST date as it makes up for anyone unable to secure a festival ticket. And in these times you can assume most promoters will explore all options available. But you cant really say he would be out of the question just cause nobody else is attempting at this point to your knowledge.

It’s incredibly rare (just Kanye as far as I know) for an artist to come over just for Glastonbury with barely another tour commitment. It just doesn’t work that way and isn’t worth the artists time, especially for Glastonbury’s pittance of a pay.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

That's not exactly fair. Those are two of the biggest pop artists that could be booked. You don't get, like, The Killers denied because they're not the Stones or Stormzy denied because he's not Drake.

Well tbf i was only comparing female solo artists that have (would have) headlined in recent memory.

I think she is levels below every headline act from the last 4 years and can't see her being booked as a headliner.

Album was wicked tho. 

1 minute ago, PolygonWindow said:

Well tbf i was only comparing female solo artists that have (would have) headlined in recent memory.

I think she is levels below every headline act from the last 4 years and can't see her being booked as a headliner.

Album was wicked tho. 

In terms of what, though? Popularity? Quality?

1 minute ago, PolygonWindow said:

Album was wicked tho. 

Think you’re massively underestimating her popularity. When she’s promoting new material she’s pretty inescapable and has racked up her fair share of bangers now. I don’t necessarily think she’s gonna be headlining any time soon, but I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if she was announced to do it.

6 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Tyler would be immense.

I was thinking the same earlier this week when I found out that the Australian (Melbourne?) festival Splendor in the Grass has Gorillaz, Strokes and Tyler as their headliners in early 2021. I thought that sounded great (probably not for Glastonbury though)! I think Tyler would be the highlight of Glastonbury for me if he played. 

Edited by kemosabe