2021 Headliners

39 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Please just stop with the pettiness. 

It’s boring. 

This is a place to get away from all the shit currently going on.

It’s nice to chat about music and Glastonbury, so let’s just keep the forum to that yeah?

Well said that man.

It’s always the same few individuals keep coming back under different names and starting trouble.

Sad really.

3 hours ago, Bahrain Boy said:

Agreed, class.

Shame you'll never have the mental capacity to come up with something that witty. You'll just go through life calling people you don't like c**ts.

Like other people have said, stop being aggressive 

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmm.  Elton / Gaga / The 1975 or Billie would probably have the right sort balance.  Not quite as strong as the 2020 trio but better than last year.

Convinced Elton will be 2022! Macca and Elton in same year would be too similar! In my opinion 

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmm.  Elton / Gaga / The 1975 or Billie would probably have the right sort balance.  Not quite as strong as the 2020 trio but better than last year.

Good shout.  I would be a very happy camper if we got that - very good balance.  I would be spending 3 nights at the Pyramid, which I wouldn't have been with this years trio.

15 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Probably in the minority here, but I didn't enjoy this set as much as I thought I would :(

I guess maybe cause all the best stuff was to come! The last two albums have been incredible. Only one album out in 2009 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I’m feeling the Florence shouts from a few pages back.

I was shooting down the idea of her headlining again just a week or so back but on reflection and with the thinning pack of headliners available I think they’d be daft not to give her another shot. Whether that’ll be next year I’m not sure, but she’s an easy fairly crowd pleasing booking for when they need her.

8 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Funnily enough had a bit of a Bon Iver binge yesterday and would now go:

1. Bon Iver 

2. i, i

3. For Emma

4. 22, A Million

For me: 

22, A Million

i, i

Bon Iver

For Emma

To be honest I’m very much enamoured with all of Justin Vernons projects. Love Big Red Machine, DeYarmond Edison and Volcano Choir too

On 7/8/2020 at 3:16 PM, Quark said:

@eastynh is yer man for all things DM related.

I think when they've come up before the chances of them doing Glastonbury have been pitched as pretty dman low, but couldn't remember why.  I know their UK popularity is pretty low in comparison to Europe, one of those acts that finds more of a home overseas (bit like Kylie).

Easty - what was the feeling on them doing UK fests pal?

Agreed that would be a pretty stellar lineup though. I'd be all over DM and Gaga.

There was a press release last week stating that they were working on new material for a new album, in their respective home studios. They had not booked a collective studio due to the Covid pandemic. They go in 4 year cycles so hopefully the album will be ready for late spring next year.

They will then set off on their own tour. If they are going to do festivals and they usually do, I would expect them to be in 2022. They did IOW last time and it was pretty well received I think. They always makes noises about wanting to play glasto but then there always seems to be excuses. After filling West Hams stadium on the last tour, their profile has never been bigger over here. They will probably take the cash and do one of those day festivals in London.

For what it is worth, I would advise anyone to go see them in Germany or one of the Eastern Block countries. Its an entirely different world. I am hoping to do LA and somewhere in South America next year. The obsession with them in LA is unreal.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I was shooting down the idea of her headlining again just a week or so back but on reflection and with the thinning pack of headliners available I think they’d be daft not to give her another shot. Whether that’ll be next year I’m not sure, but she’s an easy fairly crowd pleasing booking for when they need her.

She's not gonna be top of the list, what with there only being one album since the last time and it wasn't as big a crowdpleaser as the previous three, but if the festival wants headliners with a strong female presence (providing F+TM tour again) then that's an easy booking to make. I'm just thinking that if Lady Gaga is only doing those two European shows then there isn't really anyone else jumping out. Billie Eilish too soon, Madonna wants mad dollar, Fleetwood Mac and Lana Del Rey are not touring, Arcade Fire unlikely to be touring, I don't think Dua Lipa is there yet, Rihanna has fucking retired or something... Florence and the Machine!

They could easily say they just didn't have anyone available but might be kinda rubbish after having Swift and Lana in high positions last time to replace them with dude acts.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, eastynh said:

There was a press release last week stating that they were working on new material for a new album, in their respective home studios. They had not booked a collective studio due to the Covid pandemic. They go in 4 year cycles so hopefully the album will be ready for late spring next year.

They will then set off on their own tour. If they are going to do festivals and they usually do, I would expect them to be in 2022. They did IOW last time and it was pretty well received I think. They always makes noises about wanting to play glasto but then there always seems to be excuses. After filling West Hams stadium on the last tour, their profile has never been bigger over here. They will probably take the cash and do one of those day festivals in London.

For what it is worth, I would advise anyone to go see them in Germany or one of the Eastern Block countries. Its an entirely different world. I am hoping to do LA and somewhere in South America next year. The obsession with them in LA is unreal.

Someone told me BST put a feeler out to DM one year. Could see them doing that.

I’m not sure about Florence, for reasons I can’t really put my finger on. She had a lot of momentum behind her when she headlined and she smashed it. Since then I haven’t really seen that interest continue. She seems to be a bit distant from what’s popular right now. If people asked me to suggest female headliners she wouldn’t be at the front of my mind.

She headlined and did it well in 2015 but I don’t see how 2021/2022 would be much different? She hasn’t really had any hit singles since.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She's not gonna be top of the list, what with there only being one album since the last time and it wasn't as big a crowdpleaser as the previous three, but if the festival wants headliners with a strong female presence (providing F+TM tour again) then that's an easy booking to make. I'm just thinking that if Lady Gaga is only doing those two European shows then there isn't really anyone else jumping out. Billie Eilish too soon, Madonna wants mad dollar, Fleetwood Mac and Lana Del Rey are not touring, Arcade Fire unlikely to be touring, I don't think Dua Lipa is there yet, Rihanna has fucking retired or something... Florence and the Machine!

They could easily say they just didn't have anyone available but might be kinda rubbish after having Swift and Lana in high positions last time to replace them with dude acts.

Good point which links to mine but I think the easy solution would just be that they wouldn’t have a female headliner. They didn’t in 2019.

If there are three male headlines but a female legend slot (Diana Ross) I cant see it looking odd.