2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

^^^ @jparx @FloorFiller

Ah this was my mistake. I didn’t realise Kendrick was playing NOS alive too. His announcement for that festival pretty much slipped my mind.

Lets hope that NOS Alive are scrambling to replace Da Wesel and they’ve kept both Kendrick and Billie.

Da Weasels been announced already Matt, and welcome back, hope you are well.

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Da Weasels been announced already Matt, and welcome back, hope you are well.

So it’s one of Billie / Kendrick who are not coming back? Leans a bit further into the rumours Kendrick is not rescheduling. I guess it’s becoming more and more likely every day.

However, if this is some back door confirmation that Billie intends to do festivals then I’m up for it! 

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Looking through past line ups and you see your Coldplays, Oasis, Radiohead, Muse et al all playing lower slots before they hit the big time.

When you look at the line ups from the past decade it’s hard to see which guitar bands are going to step up to that level.

While I kind of see the point - the truth is it's all hindsight. In much the same way that a festival lineup poster from 20 years ago often looks better than it did at the time.

How many of those people who went to see Radiohead in 1994 or Coldplay in 1999 at their first appearances figured that there was even a slight chance that those bands would be the biggest band at the festival 3 years later?

Billie was meant to be doing the Saturday at NOS alive - but now Da Wasel are doing that day.

If I remember correctly wasn’t NOS Alive the first July date on her Euro tour? If she’s moved to the 7th then it could mean Billie is shifting her Euro festival dates forward a bit.

If I remember correctly for 2020 she was playing a festival in America the weekend before Glastonbury and a festival in Europe two weeks after Glastonbury? Her dates were suspicious because Glastonbury would plug the gap but still be two weeks before the rest of her Euro dates.

If she’s shifting dates to narrow that gap it definitely lends well to the speculation she might be making Glastonbury work amongst her rescheduled dates. It might also explain why she’s holding back announcing anything as the dates are still being worked out. Who was it that said a big tour drop was on its way?

*Takes Wagatha Christie hat off for the day*

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Billie was meant to be doing the Saturday at NOS alive - but now Da Wasel are doing that day.

If I remember correctly wasn’t NOS Alive the first July date on her Euro tour? If she’s moved to the 7th then it could mean Billie is shifting her Euro festival dates forward a bit.

If I remember correctly for 2020 she was playing a festival in America the weekend before Glastonbury and a festival in Europe two weeks after Glastonbury? Her dates were suspicious because Glastonbury would plug the gap but still be two weeks before the rest of her Euro dates.

If she’s shifting dates to narrow that gap it definitely lends well to the speculation she might be making Glastonbury work amongst her rescheduled dates. It might also explain why she’s holding back announcing anything as the dates are still being worked out. Who was it that said a big tour drop was on its way?

Very true and people said it wasnt happening.

@FloorFiller

(If I am mistaken and it isn't FloorFiller who said it wouldn't and she isn't big enough or something then thats embarrassing).

1 minute ago, PolygonWindow said:

I mean to be fair, it’ll be just as embarrassing when she isn’t headlining Glastonbury 2021 mate.

I dont care that much mate whether she headlines, I would probably be elsewhere, especially on the Friday as i would see Thom Yorke, would see her on Sunday due to no acts being of interest. 

This isn't a 'I want Billie to headline' but a I think she is way big enough and would smash it. The above comment was a joke and course it doesn't mean its happening. eFests constantly goes in circles with acts until they are ruled out. She has as much chance as anyone at the moment though, without getting into that shit again.

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Billie Eilish was down for Friday at NOS Alive this year, Saturday was Da Weasal and The Strokes. They added a fourth day (the Wednesday) last year for Kendrick, interestingly they’ve still got a fourth day this year so it does seem like they’re trying to get him back.

16 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Billie Eilish was down for Friday at NOS Alive this year, Saturday was Da Weasal and The Strokes. They added a fourth day (the Wednesday) last year for Kendrick, interestingly they’ve still got a fourth day this year so it does seem like they’re trying to get him back.

You’re right 🤣 sorry I just couldn’t believe a festival would finish on a saturday.

I assumed the penultimate day was a Saturday and not a Friday!

86C9F42C-87DD-48B1-85E7-6299ED37E0C1.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You’re right 🤣 sorry I just couldn’t believe a festival would finish on a saturday.

I assumed the penultimate day was a Saturday and not a Friday!

86C9F42C-87DD-48B1-85E7-6299ED37E0C1.jpeg

The best bit of news there is Haim

edit - read it wrong! 

Edited by Sdsm123

If Glastonbury want to expand the pool of viable  headliners and use their influence to actually *make* bands headliners rather than be dictated to by an ever less heterogeneous marketplace where social media infamy supersedes good old fashioned talent then they should book Willie Weasel and the lads to headline.

9 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Honestly spent the last few minutes reading through the posts previous to the poster there thinking Da Weasel was just a efests nickname for an artist I was familiar with. Had no idea they were an actual band. 

That’s how the Portuguese react when people talk about Foals.