2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Porch aside, Jeremy is easily Pearl and the lads most well known song.

However, it's also very bad - so it's difficult to know whether it would bolster their crowd or cause people to actively stay away.

Think Alive is their most well known song, followed by Even Flow?

The fact that Pearl Jams top five most well known songs universally are all from the first album and then nobody knows anything from the thirty albums they’ve released since is probably as good a indicator as any as to why they haven’t been booked to headline Glastonbury. Apart from their hardcore fans who follow them from gig to gig, their legacy largely started and ended with Ten.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The fact that Pearl Jams top five most well known songs universally are all from the first album and then nobody knows anything from the thirty albums they’ve released since is probably as good a indicator as any as to why they haven’t been booked to headline Glastonbury. Apart from their hardcore fans who follow them from gig to gig, their legacy largely started and ended with Ten.

Hit the nail on the head here. They're essentially the killers of the 1990s. Enormous based on one album only. 

3 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Hit the nail on the head here. They're essentially the killers of the 1990s. Enormous based on one album only. 

Oh come on now - this is getting worse.  Now we are comparing Pearl Jam to The Killers 🤷‍♂️

59 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

These are 3rd and 4th.  Also difficult to see why people would want to do anything other than give them as wide a berth as possible.

Our tastes don't tend to align too often  but I'm hyped af to join you on the 'Pearl Jam are shite' train.

46 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The fact that Pearl Jams top five most well known songs universally are all from the first album and then nobody knows anything from the thirty albums they’ve released since is probably as good a indicator as any as to why they haven’t been booked to headline Glastonbury. 

I did read on one of the oversees festival threads, from someone allegedly in the know, that they’d never agree to play Glastonbury as their fans wouldn’t be able to buy tickets once they were announced. Which is probably as well.

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I did read on one of the oversees festival threads, from someone allegedly in the know, that they’d never agree to play Glastonbury as their fans wouldn’t be able to buy tickets once they were announced. Which is probably as well.

What a strange approach to things.

’We know we’ll die on our arse if our hardcore fans can’t swarm the place’

11 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Our tastes don't tend to align too often  but I'm hyped af to join you on the 'Pearl Jam are shite' train.

The irony is that my G crew are mostly all massive PJ fans so I would likely end up right down at the front of the Spunksock or whatever godforsaken name they call the pit.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

The Killers certainly have more to them than one album, bit unfair to say I think

Is it just me or do the people on Facebook not understand that Glastonbury shows are expensive to do as a one off and that headliners usually do a string of shows to cover the costs therefore Taylor doing a one off show at glasto Is unlikely. 

0FF499BA-0575-4CE0-A86C-41AD11606EF5.jpeg

Edited by Sdsm123
Add screenshot

For the last however many festivals, Glastonbury has had performances that are one-off, non-touring, joining the pantheon of headliners, exclusive, bid for glory performances:

Jay-Z, Beyonce, U2, Metallica, the Stones, Kanye, Adele, Ed Sheeran and Stormzy for instance.

So they are right that it's possible. Taylor is doing shows next spring 

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

For the last however many festivals, Glastonbury has had performances that are one-off, non-touring, joining the pantheon of headliners, exclusive, bid for glory performances:

Jay-Z, Beyonce, U2, Metallica, the Stones, Kanye, Adele, Ed Sheeran and Stormzy for instance.

So they are right that it's possible. Taylor is doing shows next spring 

But still unlikely knowing the mad cool situation 

Just now, Sdsm123 said:

But still unlikely knowing the mad cool situation 

It definitely tips the balance from likely to less likely. Depends on how much she thinks that Glastonbury is a history-making, join the pantheon sort of deal.

There are signs she knows it's not just another gig.  Nothing to bet your house on, but it's not entirely a lost cause.