2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

20 hours ago, jyoung said:

And? Plenty of successful musicians come from well off backgrounds but you're calling out an 18 year old girl who wrote almost every song on her record. The couple she didn't were written by her brother. The album was made in her brother's bedroom studio. The two of them made those songs and made that record. It is not like they paid someone to make it for them. If I was rich as fuck and my Dad was Mr Big Bollocks I still couldn't do that because I'm a shit singer and have no musical talent...

Guess you could swap places with Lana Del Rey then. If she did it, you could too. 

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

At risk of getting shot on here.. on Gaga, is she headline material?

That's a genuine question, I remember her been massive around that '09 performance. And having watched it on the recent coverage, it was some spectacle. I'm not really aware of what she's been upto in recent years, bar the film of course. Is she still as big/bigger? 

All her albums have gone # 1, she is a stadium act, did the Super Bowl Halftime Show and has a sold out Vegas residency. ( thats currently on hold ) Plus has headlined some other big festivals already. Is Coachella not worthy enough of an event on her resume to make the cut?  Watch her Super Bowl performance if you think you need more convincing on somebody that can deliver on one of the largest global stages there is, and not get paid for it either.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

You’re coming across like Billie and Lana both bullied you at school.

And youre coming across as if you’re Billie’s agent that needs to convince 20  people on the internet of headlining a music festival that nobody can get a ticket for. And Billie was homeschooled, or you forgot to look that up on her wiki?

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

Glastonbury 2021 is looking almost certain now surely!  This is excellent news, and much earlier than I expected anything like this to be back on.

it depends which thread you read! 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/performing-arts

Bleak this...

"Discouraging or avoiding gatherings such as performances or screenings that may encourage audience behaviours that increase transmission risk, for example crowding, clustering or physical contact outside of household groups or support bubbles."

32 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

it depends which thread you read! 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/performing-arts

Bleak this...

"Discouraging or avoiding gatherings such as performances or screenings that may encourage audience behaviours that increase transmission risk, for example crowding, clustering or physical contact outside of household groups or support bubbles."

Yes, but by spring next year this guidance will be long gone and forgotten hopefully. If everything goes smoothly ending lockdown I think we are well on track to be back in the fields next year.

8 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Unpopular opinion , I would love to see pink headline pyramid. Her rock in Rio show was immense 

Last year would have been her year if either party was interested - she was in the middle of a huge world tour, and she played Wembley Stadium on Glastonbury Friday and Saturday.

You are right about it probably being an unpopular opinion, but she certainly ticks a lot of boxes and would be a far better choice than some of the acts being mentioned on here the last few days.

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Last year would have been her year if either party was interested - she was in the middle of a huge world tour, and she played Wembley Stadium on Glastonbury Friday and Saturday.

You are right about it probably being an unpopular opinion, but she certainly ticks a lot of boxes and would be a far better choice than some of the acts being mentioned on here the last few days.

Maybe on the next album, she is far far bigger than Billy Eilish though!

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aye last year felt like the one for Pink with the RW show. Especially considering they didn’t even go for her when they were looking for a replacement and plumped for The Killers instead.

I think her show would require such a lot of planning and infrastructure that she couldn’t just drop in at the last minute! Hopefully see her in the future, maybe sunday afternoon slot like miley Cyrus 

50 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Unpopular opinion , I would love to see pink headline pyramid. Her rock in Rio show was immense 

Saw her at Rock Werchter. Absolutely dreadful. 

But then again, so was The Killers the year before, and people seem to be raving about their show at Glasto too...

3 hours ago, PolygonWindow said:

Has any festivals Kendrick was headlining announced he isn’t playing yet?

They haven''t announced he isn't playing but Rock Werchter, Open'er. Bilbao BBK Live, Roskilde and NOS Alive have all announced some names without Kendrick being one of them.

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They haven''t announced he isn't playing but Rock Werchter, Open'er. Bilbao BBK Live, Roskilde and NOS Alive have all announced some names without Kendrick being one of them.

and there was no caveat to not announcing him (similar to MC did for Taylor where they stated she wouldn’t be returning)?

Edited by PolygonWindow
Typo

4 minutes ago, stanh said:

I just want Kendrick back tbh, his set would've been so good

I know it’s gutting, especially with all the goings on and BLM. It would have been one for the ages and a statement, especially to us in the UK, where people need to be educated. 

13 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

But...2021 is abnormal. We've lost one, maybe two megastar headliners. The messed up touring calendar will keep a number of contenders either at bay or doing rescheduled dates.

On the flip side of this though Emily has said they had lots of acts pencilled in for 2021 already so they may have lost 2 megastars they were already trying to squeeze 6 acts into 3 slots, I think it unlikely that anyone will headline who wasn't either booked for 2020 or planned for 2021.

24 minutes ago, mcshed said:

On the flip side of this though Emily has said they had lots of acts pencilled in for 2021 already so they may have lost 2 megastars they were already trying to squeeze 6 acts into 3 slots, I think it unlikely that anyone will headline who wasn't either booked for 2020 or planned for 2021.

I’m not so sure. Say for arguments sake they had Elton for 2021. He will likely reschedule his US tour to next year and be out of the picture.

Or, say, it’s an act who was hoping to have a new album by then. COVID may have delayed that by a good 6 months/year and they push back plans.