2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Possibly a different Spanish festival next year that they’d already signed up for. Latitude could be impacted by something similar to that in the UK but not Glastonbury.

It mentioned in the statement that they’re waiting for some acts to announce their new European dates so maybe they’re embargoed for Mad Cool before that.... hopeful they will still do it as WIMPIII is my favourite album of the year so far 

It is obvious Swift isn't performing, I feel like a one off aint happening , she will do 2022. Kendrick doesn't like likely as we know either.

Who do we reckon will replace? We have already spoke about this but I suppose the pool is: Lady Gaga, The 1975, Arctic Monkeys (if they do their shows), RHCP as they are doing more EU shows so they have to be in with an outside, outside chance. I woke up not long ago, may be some more who I am forgetting. Oh maybe Billie Eilish also. May be whats taking her time with rescheduling...

Regarding acts rolling over some festivals but not others - my guess is that its most likely as simple as not all events having rolled over to the exact same (relative) weekend, and so the acts needs to make a choice.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Regarding acts rolling over some festivals but not others - my guess is that its most likely as simple as not all events having rolled over to the exact same (relative) weekend, and so the acts needs to make a choice.

they might also have other shows already booked in - tho it doesn't necessarily follow they'll stick to those shows, but there would be a delay in negotiating themselves out of those shows.

NOS Alive have announced Red Hot Chili Peppers also (as Taylors replacement). They weren't on the 2020 lineup and also added on Mad Cool who weren't on the 2020 lineup. Looks like they are adding more shows and the headliners before were Kendrick, Taylor, Billie and The Strokes. With an extended set of shows they have to unfortunately be considered. 

MC appear to be hinting on socials that Billie will be announced.

Still think she's in with a shot of headlining the Pyramid next year. I don't fancy rehashing the same debates, just registering Billie as one of my predictions. If Emily is faced with the potential of three male Pyramid headliners, particularly the lot that seem to be in the frame next year (KoL, RHCP etc...) I think she would take the gamble (although I don't see it as a gamble at all) and book Billie over them. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Still think she's in with a shot of headlining the Pyramid next year. I don't fancy rehashing the same debates, just registering Billie as one of my predictions. If Emily is faced with the potential of three male Pyramid headliners, particularly the lot that seem to be in the frame next year (KoL, RHCP etc...) I think she would take the gamble (although I don't see it as a gamble at all) and book Billie over them. 

Maybe why its taking so long - G L A S T O N B U R Y. I hope so, that would be a good replacement.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They'll be more likely to yake a punt on Billie rather than be reduced to the humilation of having having RHCP headline their festival in the year of our lord 2021.

Yup. Why is Billie so unlikely when they booked Stormzy? She's a hotter act with more hits and also very much tapping in to the zeitgeist.

To be honest it wouldn't surprise if Billie was one pencilled in for 2021 with a view that she'd have a new record by then.

Edited by jparx

4 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

agreed they’d take a punt just don’t think Billie is at that level.

Whens she's headlining every other festival. She's much bigger than Stormzy mate when he did it. She is wayyyy big enough.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Yup. Why is Billie so unlikely when they booked Stormzy? She's a hotter act with more hits and also very much tapping in to the zeitgeist.

To be honest it wouldn't surprise if Billie was one pencilled in for 2021 with a view that she'd have a new record by then.

because grime music has kind of become the pinnacle of British pop music and deserved to have a representative headlining the biggest British music festival of all time, it was a coming of age. Not only did Stormzy headline but the genre did to.

With Billie i would say it’s more dependant on the material and performer (as her genre of pop has already been to the highest highs). 

She is amazing but isn’t particularly doing anything which warrants a position headlining Glasto after 1 album imo. She will defo headline in the future tho.

2 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

because grime music has kind of become the pinnacle of British pop music and deserved to have a representative headlining the biggest British music festival of all time, it was a coming of age. Not only did Stormzy headline but the genre did to.

With Billie i would say it’s more dependant on the material and performer (as her genre of pop has already been to the highest highs). 

She is amazing but isn’t particularly doing anything which warrants a position headlining Glasto after 1 album imo. She will defo headline in the future tho.

Equality? and if Taylor aint performing and nor Gaga - Billie is touring over Glastonbury and has done the Bond song, new album being done, won countless awards sold multiple dates at the O2 and various arenas in the country, headlining the most famous festivals in Europe.

No one can argue she isn't big enough and she has a good chance.

29 minutes ago, jparx said:

I agree with this, I think it could be between Gaga and Billie for that slot now. Currently leaning towards Gaga but I don't doubt the fact that Billie Eilish could pull it off ans is in the mix, could release a new song along with an announcement of her rescheduled tour which would create a some buzz, even better if the song turns out to be a hit.

12 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Apart from selling out half a million tickets in less than an hour on her last scheduled tour including four nights at the O2.

Edited by jyoung

I hope if she gets replaced by someone like Gaga, they rejig some of the headliners from the other stages around. I wasn't fussed by any of Swift, PSB, Kano, Charli XCX? and London Grammar. Whilst on the Friday I'd have been more than happy to see Manics, Thom Yorke, Fatboy Slim and of course, Editors.

It would be the biggest clashmegadon (for me) if they decided to replace Kendrick with someone like The 1975 or Arctics without rejiging as I'd be happy to see someone on all five of the main stages.

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Apart from selling out half a million tickets in less than an hour on her last scheduled tour including four nights at the O2.

If it'd been five nights and twenty minutes I think you'd have been on to something.