2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

Just now, eFestivals said:

I reckon you're definitely correct if all festivals are the same.

They're not all the same.

Don't start dangling a carrot after I've made peace with it! Can't take another up and down on this 😂

There's a remote possibility she does Glastonbury as a one off or something, but I don't want to start going down that route!

1 minute ago, jparx said:

There's a remote possibility she does Glastonbury as a one off or something, but I don't want to start going down that route!

Unless / until she announces that the American shows are cancelled, it wouldn't be a one off though.

Just now, incident said:

Unless / until she announces that the American shows are cancelled, it wouldn't be a one off though.

Well, one off in Europe is what I meant. But yeah you're right. Be interesting to see when those shows are scheduled for. Personally I'm not going to entertain the idea she does Glastonbury as a European exclusive or something like that until there's info that points in that direction. I'm ready to move on and jump aboard the Gaga train until further notice!

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

The sunk costs for a Glasto-sized show, of hiring a team, rent a studio for weeks to rehearse, transporting equipment across the world.... six figures for what Taylor would want to put on, easy. And that's before you get to the costs of the day (stage props, festivals).

Unless you have info to the contrary, this feels like a clear sign she's off for 2021.

I agree it makes Glasto look less likely, perhaps even very unlikely ... but I still don't think it's definitive by itself. If one show was going to be treated in a special way it's the Glasto show.

And anyway, she might be ruling out those other fests because of other shows she'd already agreed to (perhaps her own tour) - so it's not necessarily the case she'd be putting a show together just for Glasto.

Just now, Kalopsia said:

I think this is a pretty large indication thar she's not going to be with us in 2021, to save myself getting excited again I'm going to put my money on Gaga and hope I get a ticket for 2022. 

I'll join you in this boat

Just now, jparx said:

Well, one off in Europe is what I meant. But yeah you're right. Be interesting to see when those shows are scheduled for. Personally I'm not going to entertain the idea she does Glastonbury as a European exclusive or something like that until there's info that points in that direction. I'm ready to move on and jump aboard the Gaga train until further notice!

The only thing that will make me believe in Glastonbury is if Hyde Park announce her for next year then I could see it happening until something like that happens I'm just going to write it off. 

4 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

The only thing that will make me believe in Glastonbury is if Hyde Park announce her for next year then I could see it happening until something like that happens I'm just going to write it off. 

I've got fingers crossed for BST, was a present for Mrs Q's birthday this year. Tix have been refunded but they're giving priority to ticket holders if she re-confirms for next year.

As much as I would be happy if Taylor did Hyde Park and Glastonbury next year, you'd have to feel for fans who had tickets for things like Mad Cool if she not only skips the festival, but the country altogether.

Looks like HAIM are missing from Mad Cool poster as well, yet they've rescheduled the Ireland show and RW. Seems a strange one.

edit: maybe that adds fuel to Neil's "not all festivals are the same" point.

Edited by jparx

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've got fingers crossed for BST, was a present for Mrs Q's birthday this year. Tix have been refunded but they're giving priority to ticket holders if she re-confirms for next year.

I really hope that she does re-confirm! 

I had a friend who missed out on Glasto tickets and is a super fan of hers so was super happy to just be able to see her their BST he is gutted about this news. 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

As much as I would be happy if Taylor did Hyde Park and Glastonbury next year, you'd have to feel for fans who had tickets for things like Mad Cool if she not only skips the festival, but the country altogether.

Aye it'd be a real bitter pill for them to swallow! 

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Looks like HAIM are missing from Mad Cool poster as well, yet they've rescheduled the Ireland show and RW. Seems a strange one.

edit: maybe that adds fuel to Neil's "not all festivals are the same" point.

They were due to headline Latitude and were my main act I wanted to see so I'm hoping they're back for both festivals, I'd be shocked if they didn't though as their recent album has just reached number 1 in the UK

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

They were due to headline Latitude and were my main act I wanted to see so I'm hoping they're back for both festivals, I'd be shocked if they didn't though as their recent album has just reached number 1 in the UK

They're nailed on as far as I'm concerned, and the Ireland and RW dates makes it even more obvious. Just seems strange they're not redoing Mad Cool. Maybe they wanted a bigger slot this time around? Fully expect them back at Latitude.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

They're nailed on as far as I'm concerned, and the Ireland and RW dates makes it even more obvious. Just seems strange they're not redoing Mad Cool. Maybe they wanted a bigger slot this time around? Fully expect them back at Latitude.

Possibly a different Spanish festival next year that they’d already signed up for. Latitude could be impacted by something similar to that in the UK but not Glastonbury.