2021 Headliners

Kinda hope Taylor does play - Her music is not good music but its great to bop to and catchy. I think it would be a great atmosphere.

Kendrick i'm indifferent. I would rather have some sort of Guitar heavy band - Aren't AM releasing new stuff soon?

20 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I’m leaving this site I’m done. I honestly can’t engage in this anymore. I have enjoyed times being here but enough is enough. Many of you refusing to understand anything. Bye.

Slow down. You're moving too fast. Solomon's here. 

All part of the job. What's going on?

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

Kinda hope Taylor does play - Her music is not good music but its great to bop to and catchy. I think it would be a great atmosphere.

Kendrick i'm indifferent. I would rather have some sort of Guitar heavy band - Aren't AM releasing new stuff soon?

Eh?   I am guessing you have only really listened to her singles then, which are not really her best stuff

Just now, a6l6e6x said:

Would love to see Deftones at glasto, assuming they'd be a john peel headliner. The lack of Taylor on madcool is a massive concern for me

I don't think Taylor was ever going to be included on this announcement anyway. If she's around, she will announce the dates herself in a big update. Given that they certainly seem to be lacking some headliners here, I don't think it really indicates anything either way yet. If KoL were on there as well, and something like Gorillaz, I'd be much more concerned. There's still room for her in that lineup 🙂

And yeah, Deftones would be a great addition to Glastonbury. I don't see it happening since it didn't happen this year, but fingers crossed somewhere down the line they pop up. 

12 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Friday, if you notice, has a different headline-separating dot to the rest – bigger, fuller, coloured in with yellow.

I would take that as a hint. Expect to see Taylor/Billie added that day.

Love the detective work.  I reckon this looks promising - still 3 headliners to be added to that line up based on your dot theory

17 minutes ago, jparx said:

KoL, Taylor and Billie missing from the headliners. Either Deftones and Placebo have been bumped up to headline, or (more likely I think) they have missing headliners on those days. 

Taylor could certainly slot back in on the Wednesday 🤞

Also Alt-J looked to have been bumped down on this poster compared to last year. Lol.

Still completely in the dark on this then. Taylor may well just be holding back all her dates until later, or she could be not rescheduling at all. They said in their statement that they’ll hopefully have it all sorted by August so another month or so before we know for sure! 

Just saw the thing about the yellow dot which is interesting. Only between Mumfords and Faith No More, who are both headliners, so is the assumption each other day still has a headliner to come?

edit: or the other way around and there’s still a headliner to be added on just that day. Hmm.

Edited by FloorFiller

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Just saw the thing about the yellow dot which is interesting. Only between Mumfords and Faith No More, who are both headliners, so is the assumption each other day still has a headliner to come?

That's how I would read it yeah. Weds and Thursday at least must have an extra headliner to come you'd think.

Going to keep an eye on their twitter to today to see if they start replying to some of these tweets. Sometimes they can give hints at what's to come (stuff like: "don't worry, still 3 headliners left" etc.). 

What's interesting, or rather a bit disappointing (although predictable) is that we're not seeing many new headliners enter the mix. The only "new" headliner I think I've seen has been Gorillaz. Everything else is being recycled from 2020, even where headliners drop out they're being replaced by other acts that were already touring. I personally didn't think we'd see many fresh acts turn up next year, and that seems to be the case so far. With Emily talking about 2021 headliners being pencilled in, I strongly think those will be moved over to 2022, and if any of the 2020 headliners don't return, they're replaced by acts we already know are out any about (the likes of RHCP).

All in all I think 2021 could be a bit thrown together and not exactly the first choice set of headliners. 

From Mad Cool facebook page:

Wednesday July 7th 2021- 29 bands. Today we have announced 24 of them. We still need to share with you the main headliner of the day plus 4 more names, one of them will be a winner of the Mad Cool Talent competition by Vibra Mahou.

Thursday July 8th 2021 – 34 bands. Today we have announced 23. We still need to share with you the main headliner of the day plus 9 more names, one of them will be a winner of the Mad Cool Talent competition by Vibra Mahou.

Friday July 10th 2021 – 35 bands. Today we have announced 23. We still need to share with you the main headliner of the day plus 10 more names, one of them will be a winner of the Mad Cool Talent competition by Vibra Mahou.

Saturday July 11th 2021 – 34 bands. Today we have announced 24. We still need to share with you 10 more names, one of them will be a winner of the Mad Cool Talent competition by Vibra Mahou.

credit @qz3 on the Mad Cool board.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jparx said:

All in all I think 2021 could be a bit thrown together and not exactly the first choice set of headliners. 

Not exactly unexpected if that is the case.  They don't really have a precedent for how to deal with a spanner in the works of this magnitude. Whatever they can pull together will be better than this year!

1 minute ago, jparx said:

From Mad Cool facebook page:

Wednesday July 7th 2021- 29 bands. Today we have announced 24 of them. We still need to share with you the main headliner of the day plus 4 more names, one of them will be a winner of the Mad Cool Talent competition by Vibra Mahou.

Thursday July 8th 2021 – 34 bands. Today we have announced 23. We still need to share with you the main headliner of the day plus 9 more names, one of them will be a winner of the Mad Cool Talent competition by Vibra Mahou.

Friday July 10th 2021 – 35 bands. Today we have announced 23. We still need to share with you the main headliner of the day plus 10 more names, one of them will be a winner of the Mad Cool Talent competition by Vibra Mahou.

Saturday July 11th 2021 – 34 bands. Today we have announced 24. We still need to share with you 10 more names, one of them will be a winner of the Mad Cool Talent competition by Vibra Mahou.

credit @qz3 on the Mad Cool board.

Well this gives me hope!