2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

5 hours ago, Gregfc15 said:

You can still apply for an exemption to leave if its required as part of your employment. They’ve exempted UFC fighters to travel to Abu Dhabi so I can’t see any of the bigger bands  having too much trouble. Some of the smaller Australian acts who hop from festival to festival on the lower stages might not bother with the European swing in 2021 though, especially if they haven’t been able to supplement their income with shows at home.

I know it's NZ but the Beths have announced UK tour dates for next year. 

EDIT - actually so have Rolling Blackouts.  The bands are certainly hoping to come over at least

Edited by Quark

5 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Really can't be arsed with the RHCP debate again but I've seen them a few times (including Reading '07) and always really enjoyed them. 

I don't think Glastonbury will have booked them though. 

Yeah it’s not worth debating over apart from poking a bit of fun as they’re definitely not gonna be booked for Glastonbury. 

Guess we might see with Mad Cool’s announcement who’s looking like they’re in/out and who needs a replacement.

I personally think in my weird little world it was looking like this for 2021

The 1975, Gaga, Arctics

Now I think Macca has signed up The 1975 will drop out and Taylor has agreed to 2022. 

2022 I'd hazard a guess at Kendrick, (no idea probably Coldplay) and Taylor. 

FYI: My predictions are like Brian Fantana's cologne "60% of the time it works everytime" 

Just a theory here, and I'm well aware I'm clutching at straws, but Mad Cool are saying they hope to have their full lineup announced by end of August, and they've extended the refund period to one week after the full lineup is out. They also said they have some names rebooked from 2020 that they can't announce yet, so it suggests to me some stuff is embargoed until August. Could be Billie, but hoping that it's Taylor and she's going to drop her rescheduled dates next month. Either way, I think that means we'll essentially know either way on Taylor by end of August *gulp*.

KoL, Taylor and Billie missing from the headliners. Either Deftones and Placebo have been bumped up to headline, or (more likely I think) they have missing headliners on those days. 

Taylor could certainly slot back in on the Wednesday 🤞

Also Alt-J looked to have been bumped down on this poster compared to last year. Lol.

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

Friday, if you notice, has a different headline-separating dot to the rest – bigger, fuller, coloured in with yellow.

I would take that as a hint. Expect to see Taylor/Billie added that day.

That's a good shout, although it still looks to me that they have headliners for Wednesday and Thursday. Can't imagine Deftones are headlining.

Interesting that KoL aren't on there. They have dates announced for next year so it can't be an embargo thing. Maybe they've just dropped off the festival.