2021 Headliners

5 minutes ago, Luigi said:

Can someone explain what the mad cool is and how it relates? Cheers!

It’s a festival in Madrid, lots of artists will be expected to cross over. I believe Taylor was meant to be playing this year, so might give some indication if she’s back on the scene next year 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Luigi said:

Can someone explain what the mad cool is and how it relates? Cheers!

Mad Cool is in Spain a couple weeks after Glasto and had some crossover. It shared Taylor Swift as a headliner so it would be an indicator if she was back in contention or if she is indeed passing on this year. And it will give a clearer idea of who is around at the time so you can have some more hopes of such and such act popping up at glasto or not.

this was their line up originally

B234BB45-E786-4DDB-813B-6AD6915824F9.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Others that WERE NOT PART of 2020 as far as I can read. That's important as Taylor was part of 2020.

The second paragraph is all about 2020 acts and the third about 2021. So tomorrow they will announce a load of acts they’ve rebooked, but there are some that are rebooked that they cannot share yet. And then there’s fresh acts that were not playing 2020.

Edited by jparx

15 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Mad Cool is in Spain a couple weeks after Glasto and had some crossover. It shared Taylor Swift as a headliner so it would be an indicator if she was back in contention or if she is indeed passing on this year. And it will give a clearer idea of who is around at the time so you can have some more hopes of such and such act popping up at glasto or not.

this was their line up originally

B234BB45-E786-4DDB-813B-6AD6915824F9.jpeg

Anyone know if they sell day tickets?

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Anyone know if they sell day tickets?

Yep.

It’s a fantastic event. Easy to get to the front for all acts, bar queues were never long, prices weren’t too bad, some nice little extra bits away from the main stages. Only issue we had was seeing The National in 40 degree heat...at midnight. 

I wonder if they, / festivals in general, will be allowed to announce Aussie bands (E.g. Sticky Fingers) since they’re not allowed to travel out their country for what is currently an indefinite period? 

Edited by kemosabe

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Well that was quite a thread to get through.

I'm very much in favour of musicals at Glasto. They've had opera and ballet on the pyramid, so I'm thinking the 1st half of Hamilton opening the stage on Saturday, 2nd half Sunday. Maybe it would have to wait until there's a touring production doing the rounds (although as a Lin-Manuel fangirl I'd accept original Broadway cast!).

If you haven't seen Hamilton yet, it's on Disney+ now. Not quite the same as going to the theatre, but who knows when that's going to happen again 😢

Oh yeah I know it's on there it's just having the time to watch it!! Hoping to this weekend. 

20 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yep.

It’s a fantastic event. Easy to get to the front for all acts, bar queues were never long, prices weren’t too bad, some nice little extra bits away from the main stages. Only issue we had was seeing The National in 40 degree heat...at midnight. 

Their stagetimes are crazy. I get up at 6am! Too early to be up until 4am!

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Use the other thread so the Headliner thread isn’t used. 

I’m not the “this isn’t the right thread for that!” guy, but in this instance yes, let’s keep it organised!

2 hours ago, jparx said:

image.jpeg.cc0138b84ba4913d73ab123cdb20a161.jpeg

“Others [2020 names] that still can’t be shared.” 🤞 Taylor and they’re waiting for her to fully re-announce 2021 European tour. Could mean Billie too. Mad Cool tend to not be very coy on twitter so hopefully we get a “just be patient 😉” type reply to questions about Tay.

sometimes i wish glasto would be as upfront with us, but on the other hand it takes some of the forum fun away 

3 hours ago, kemosabe said:

I wonder if they, / festivals in general, will be allowed to announce Aussie bands (E.g. Sticky Fingers) since they’re not allowed to travel out their country for what is currently an indefinite period? 

I think its going to have to be a sort of good faith booking that acts living in countries with those kinds of restrictions will be fine in about a year. Bands will have to feel the same way if they want to go perform internationally.

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:
7 hours ago, kemosabe said:

I think its going to have to be a sort of good faith booking that acts living in countries with those kinds of restrictions will be fine in about a year. Bands will have to feel the same way if they want to go perform internationally.

You can still apply for an exemption to leave if its required as part of your employment. They’ve exempted UFC fighters to travel to Abu Dhabi so I can’t see any of the bigger bands  having too much trouble. Some of the smaller Australian acts who hop from festival to festival on the lower stages might not bother with the European swing in 2021 though, especially if they haven’t been able to supplement their income with shows at home.