2021 Headliners

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I wonder if the BBC knew this was coming given the way they pre-emptively excluded Kasabian's 2014 headline set from all of the 50th anniversary celebrations.

They probably thought there had been enough suffering already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Horrendous take

You are almost universally being disagreed with here but you just keep rebutting it like this.  Being disagreed with doesn't necessarily make you wrong but does it not at least make you want to examine why so many people are disagreeing with you and see what their points are?  Or is pretty much every single person on this thread all wrong and you are right?  

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Unfortunately both John Lennon and Paul McCartney got away with their allegations because it was a different time. Let’s actually change things moving forward and recognise how we’ve allowed this culture to develop.

So you are prepared to turn a blind aye to Paul McCartney cause it happened a while ago. Laughable.

Surely you should be calling out and be against him headlining next year!

25 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think some are forgetting Caroline Flack and trial by media. To me it makes sense for them to have waited until the day before to announce it. He’s done an awful thing and has rightly been punished, but until now the media were none the wiser and regardless of what he’s done, if Kasabian had distanced themselves earlier he would’ve been hounded the whole time.

Totally agree, this is the issue with people having too much information at their fingertips almost instantly in this day and age then feeling like they have to hound the person involved over social media. I don't condone what he has done, however he has been sentenced, lost his livelihood, and will always have this against his name whether he does come back or not. 

Also I very much disagree with Matt42 that indie culture is to excuse such behaviour, ridiuclous that just by liking a type of music means you excuse abuse. We get it, you dont like indie music.