2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Where does my statement mention the court case?

The “we do not condone” comment makes reference to behaviour that was the subject of a police investigation/court case and would be considered legally as making comment as the band would undoubtedly be aware. Had Meighan pleaded not guilty then comments like “we do not condone” could influence any jury. Similarly an employer cannot fire an employee until after their court case is complete, or they have pleaded guilty. Doing so before is a breach of HR law.

They would have been briefed by their legal and PR people in exactly what they could and could not say.

The replies to this NME tweet show why it’s important for people who have supported Tom to publicly come out and denounce him. This is why I think the lad lad lad culture in indie music needs to handled more aggressively...

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The replies to this NME tweet show why it’s important for people who have supported Tom to publicly come out and denounce him. This is why I think the lad lad lad culture in indie music needs to handled more aggressively...

What the fuck is wrong with these people

Screenshot_20200707_130145.jpg

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

What the fuck is wrong with these people

Screenshot_20200707_130145.jpg

Yeah man what a fucking shame that he did that. Oh well when he’s done his 200 hours hope he comes back to making quality music because during lockdown mate I’m missing my strongbow dark fruits tunes!

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

This all happened on 9th of April. Feels a little like Kasabian are more concerned about brand Kasabian than taking any moral stand. 

I understand this view point but could they have actually commented on it if there was legal action taking place? Sorry I’m not sure on different legislation on privacy in these cases 

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

I understand this view point but could they have actually commented on it if there was legal action taking place? Sorry I’m not sure on different legislation on privacy in these cases 

But they didn't comment on it anyway they just waited until the day before he was clearly pleading guilty to try and disassociate him from them.

I would understand more standing by a friend and sticking by them through thick and thin or ditching him immediately because of a moral objection to what they did but they have done the more cynical thing of not standing by a friend or having a moral stance. 

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah man what a fucking shame that he did that. Oh well when he’s done his 200 hours hope he comes back to making quality music because during lockdown mate I’m missing my strongbow dark fruits tunes!

Can you not just say that some people on Twitter are being pricks without demonising groups of people for what music they listen to?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can you not just say that some people on Twitter are being pricks without demonising groups of people for what music they listen to?

Anyone that praises bands like Kasabian, Catfish and the Misogynistmen, and Courteeners DESERVE to be mocked and ridiculed

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Do you not see this as an issue though? Some pricks on twitter are just those who are confident enough to vocalise their views. Many will agree and not say anything. I would much rather identify conversations we should be having and target them head on rather than leave it be.

Plus I can’t see why that example would be a problem unless the shoe fit?

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anyone that praises bands like Kasabian, Catfish and the Misogynistmen, and Courteeners DESERVE to be mocked and ridiculed

Lol let’s just leave lad culture unchallenged then because we are afraid to have some difficult conversations.