2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Also, @Mattymooz hope you saw my last post just above. I understand why anyone might have perceived a slight racist undertone from the first post. After all, all anyone really knows of myself (or anyone else on this forum, for that matter), are the posts I make on here, and nothing about who I am as a person outside of this bubble.

I just want to re-iterate that that wasn't my intention at all, and I should have been clearer in saying that my point about Drake is that I thought it wouldn't go down well with 'the people' as a headliner, but I thought they'd be very excited about it if he was literally anywhere else on the lineup. Kendrick, however, I had no idea he was so big. Maybe it was just blind ignorance, because I didn't know any of his songs. Since his announcement, I tried listening to him a bit, but it just didn't click for me.

Just a final note, I'd like to think that I'm not racist, but I think that everyone on the planet, especially at the moment, has something to learn about racism and how they can do their bit to not be a part of the problem. I know I personally don't have any prejudice against anyone, and I only judge people based on their behaviour as a human being... But obviously being a white guy, I have rarely experienced being a victim of racial abuse, and naturally won't have a complete understanding of how the way things are said can be taken in a bad way, even if it is unintentional, such as my post was, in a lack of detail in explaining my opinion. Thanks for pointing it out and helping me understand a little better so I can hopefully be clearer in future.

Yeah, no worries at all, it wasn't meant to be an attack on any one persons character but more about a lot of the comments made on this thread as a whole (I think @Ddiamondd's post put it really well, it was getting quite whiffy on this thread).

Personally I think everyone is a little bit racist (or if you don't like that term, prejudiced instead?). I know for sure that I felt a lot more comfortable getting to the front front of the crowd at Kylie than I did at Stormzy, when in reality there was no real reason for me to feel that way. Its literally the same event, I guess the tempo of the music changed, but a large part of my concern was down to my prejudice towards that kind of music (heck, in that instance the majority of the crowd were white people too, but I still had that reaction). Nobody is perfect I think when it comes to racial issues, but I think its important to recognise our flaws and how we can get better.

Sorry for the takeover of the thread, we can go back to arguing about if Foals are big enough to headline now....

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Wasn’t he on his farewell tour more recently? I remember some annoying mates going on about it saying it will be the last ever chance to see him. Until his next tour that is.

I believe he was retiring from extensive touring, but had been quite specific that he was still going to be doing shows (i.e. a big one off for Glasto isn't off the cards)

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah, no worries at all, it wasn't meant to be an attack on any one persons character but more about a lot of the comments made on this thread as a whole (I think @Ddiamondd's post put it really well, it was getting quite whiffy on this thread).

Personally I think everyone is a little bit racist (or if you don't like that term, prejudiced instead?). I know for sure that I felt a lot more comfortable getting to the front front of the crowd at Kylie than I did at Stormzy, when in reality there was no real reason for me to feel that way. Its literally the same event, I guess the tempo of the music changed, but a large part of my concern was down to my prejudice towards that kind of music (heck, in that instance the majority of the crowd were white people too, but I still had that reaction). Nobody is perfect I think when it comes to racial issues, but I think its important to recognise our flaws and how we can get better.

Sorry for the takeover of the thread, we can go back to arguing about if Foals are big enough to headline now....

21 hours ago, hoils said:

Re. Reg; I reckon he was booked for a final hurrah on the Pyramid in 2021. Looks like his touring plans will be pushed back a year, meaning he headlines in 2022 before retiring from touring. Just a hunch. 

sounds about right to me.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What irks me about the rumour of The 1975 headlining Glastonbury 2021 coming up over Christmas dinner was that Matt Healy, and perhaps his label's manager too, had said since Christmas about wanting to play 2020.

Is there not anything to it that they might have expected a call for 2020 if a headliner fell through?

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is there not anything to it that they might have expected a call for 2020 if a headliner fell through?

Doubt it. If they had shows this summer and had Glastonbury in the bag for next summer then I don't see why the aim would be to move Glastonbury forward a year. And speculatively reaching out if already lined up is a bit weird.

Edited by dentalplan

I wonder if he’s not fully signed up yet, but they have an agreement that if it seems like the festival can go ahead, he will do it. So maybe not officially signed up until later in the year/early 2021 or something.

Or maybe it’s just done and dusted and 2020 has destroyed my optimism!

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Fuck it, that’s good enough for me along with Stella’s tweet last week.

We’ve just blasted through the Red and Blue vinyls so yeah, I’m definitely feeling it!

I’ll be an emotional wreck during Yesterday.