2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Probably fair to say it was mixed. I thought it was quite bad but I had the comparison point of seeing some incredible Kanye shows prior. The first 20 minutes went down really well, but it nosedived after that unfortunately. Some here loved it though.

Yeah, I went there wanting to love it, I've always enjoyed his stuff without ever being a massive fan, but after a decent start it never really clicked for me. The staging looked good on TV, but I was a fair way up the field so all I got was the effect of him performing inside a letterbox. I gave up on it part way through the Justin Vernon guest spot, really dull for me and killed the energy.

37 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

2016: glad to see people say Muse and Disclosure were both duff, because Sigur Ros put in probably the best JP set in memory. Majestic. Would love to see them do it again.

We were at Underworld, which I still say is the best night I've ever had at the festival. Roisin Murphy, Underworld & then Wobbling up to Arcadia.

4 of us went there, 2 others went to see Muse.

The next morning

"How were muse?"  -

"Good, but not great - how was your night?"

"You seriously messed up"

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I used to love Muse before they became Queen in Space and they’re a band that I’ll still pop along to see at a festival if nothing else takes my fancy as they rarely disappoint live...

Except in 2016 when they disappointed live. I remember them being on stage and then I remember them not being on stage. It wasn’t memorable in any way, unlike their 2004 set which was electric!

49 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

That Kanye set: watched it back, forgot how amazing the opening half hour was. Felt like we were on course for a historical one. He lost his buzz after the stage interruption, it sagged needlessly introverted tunes in the middle, though the encores were a fun rebound. But! In the pit, the vibe was electric. Kanye was visibly grinning at the crowd response, asking the DJ to cut the tunes so the chants alone would carry his songs. Could see him back. If U2 have unfinished business, so does Ye.

I would love to see Kanye come back. I absolutely loved his set, and it's one of my favourite live sets I have ever seen anywhere. The only thing that might concern me is that he'd come back and do all his Jesus Is King sort of stuff!

Ideal scenario for me would be that he makes up with Jay, and they come back together for a Watch The Throne II set... But It'll never happen.

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

oh great 😑

Actually this is probably right up your street innit @DareToDibble pretty much the same band as busted aren't they 😂😂

Ummmmmmm. I would be insulted but I actually have tickets with my mates to go and see them so... :lol: Gonna relive my teenage years. No shame. 

Can we still be friends? :ph34r:

Edited by DareToDibble
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Ummmmmmm. I would be insulted but I actually have tickets with my mates to go and see them so... :lol: Gonna relive my teenage years. No shame. 

Can we still be friends? :ph34r:

hahahha oh Dibbs this is why we love you 😂😂😂😂 

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

hahahha oh Dibbs this is why we love you 😂😂😂😂 

Funny story about seeing Busted in Avalon actually. 

So I went with my 2 female friends (used them as my excuse to be fair). We got there in fairly good time so were really close to the front. Anyway you can see them playing and half way through a song I made eye contact with one of them and he genuinely had a confused look on his face like "You're not a girl or a teenager, why are you here?".

Never in my life have I instantly felt more out of place :D 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ah! I see that Underworld set spoken in holy tones all the time and always wonder how I’d manage to miss it. Went for the Icelandic mewling. Happy with my choice but... rats. Hope they do it again (WH 2022?)

I think the Underworld set was very much a right stage, right time kind of set. It'd stopped raining & everyone there was up for it. The crowd reactions to Rez, Two Months off & Born Slippy were brilliant. 

Doesn't look it on the TV, but I loved the simple light show with the smoke.

If Sigur Ros was saturday, I'd have been there - but I wanted something to bounce to on the Friday night!

11 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Would love to be a fly on the wall when AC/DC ask the Eavises to build them a custom stage because the Pyramid isn't grand enough, and make sure no other stage on site has live music that overlaps with their performance. Sure to go down well.

<cough> Coachella <cough>