2021 Headliners

Even if the majority of the acts carry over I don’t see it necessarily being a straight cut and paste job in terms of stages and placings. New acts will be added that will inevitably shuffle things around a bit.

I’ll eat both of Stubert’s hats if Fatboy is headlining the Other next year.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

1975 / Fatboy Slim / Thom Yorke / London Grammar / Editors

😔

I've never actually seen a Fatboy Slim set (only seen him DJ) so would be well up for that. 

Throw in the potential for a Glade or maybe even Sonic (think GA and Orbital both rumoured for there) headliner and we are go. 

Man I can't wait for next year! 

3 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

That was a terrible booking.

On paper yeah it's a very unimaginative booking, but in practice it'd be immensely popular. Any time that guy plays any kind of set on the farm, whether it be announced or secret, the place is rammed and popping off. Guess we'll never know if he was a late stand in for somebody else or gifted the slot as a thanks for always being there, but it'd certainly wouldn't be an unpopular or empty fielded booking.

• Upvote 2

Fatboy strikes me as someone who was booked for the slot for a specific reason and not just because they didn't have other options. Feels like they specifically want him in that slot, so I'm not sure I see that changing to be honest.

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can't say I've ever really checked out any of his live sets/videos etc, but the prospect of seeing him live (especially as my Glastonbury Friday night headliner) doesn't excite me in the slightest, and I'm a huge Radiohead fan.

I recommend it. His set at DTRH was easily the best concert I’ve seen in the whole of 2019. And I’ve been to 4 fests a a lot of concerts. His current live setup is a thriumph. YT vids don’t do it justice.

8 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I've never actually seen a Fatboy Slim set (only seen him DJ) so would be well up for that. 

Throw in the potential for a Glade or maybe even Sonic (think GA and Orbital both rumoured for there) headliner and we are go. 

Man I can't wait for next year! 

Sonic shared a Spotify playlist for their Friday lineup and it looks very strong.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

On paper yeah it's a very unimaginative booking, but in practice it'd be immensely popular. Any time that guy plays any kind of set on the farm, whether it be announced or secret, the place is rammed and popping off. Guess we'll never know if he was a late stand in for somebody else or gifted the slot as a thanks for always being there, but it'd certainly wouldn't be an unpopular or empty fielded booking.

Oh I don't doubt it would have been popular with some but it's the laziest booking ever when he plays the festival every year anyway.  Seemed such a waste of a slot.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Definitely more my vibe music-wise and I've darkened the door a few times - but does even in there get going until the main stages are starting to close?

Having a look at old lineups and they've had the likes of Midland and Norman Jay on at headliner times, I'd think they'd be decent enough to draw a crowd but I've never been at that time myself.

Just now, BFisherr said:

I think there's a number of potential other stage headliners around next year that weren't this year, Lorde and Paramore spring to mind. 

Lorde may be on the cards but can easily see her just waiting it out until 2022. Paramore aren't in the equation at all though, and by all accounts are a festival headliner in their own right these days so probably won't ever do Glastonbury.

17 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

This forum loves to shit on Silver Hayes but there's some great stuff in those lineups.

It's usually not the lineups that's the problem - it's the sound often being shite, the tents being too rammed for the good stuff, and a lot of the people there unfortunately being the more dickheady side of the festival.

Feeling good about it all today. We're under the t-minus one year range and we can properly discuss the headliners now. We're in the zone where we might start getting rumours coming through and acts will be announcing more rescheduled tours. 

I really enjoyed the weekend coverage and looking back at the past, but getting over the 2020 hump feels good and we can be stoked about next year.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Lorde may be on the cards but can easily see her just waiting it out until 2022. Paramore aren't in the equation at all though, and by all accounts are a festival headliner in their own right these days so probably won't ever do Glastonbury.

Cause headlining Reading in 2014 means they could never play Glastonbury at all apparently. They won’t even be back to doing anything for maybe 3 years. Maybe we should just consider that theyve never been asked so it might not even be about where they would end up. Emily could book Hayley Williams on her own and then itll kinda get the itch for the whole band to go play eventually if we’re talking next year.