2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Rock Werchter is expected to release the first names for 2021 this week. Let's see what happens. 

I think Mad Cool ist going to announce the first names also in the next days (there was a date on facebook somewhere). Probably also already known names für 2021 like Twenty One Pilots, The Killers. Hopefully also Taylor Swift, so she is coming again to Glastonbury.

For God Sake. I’ve seen 75 twice, Leeds was good, Manchester Arena was alright, same as festival show but festival experience always wins. I personally don’t believe the 75 show will ever be a set that people will ‘Wow’ at. 

I like the band but it’s very disappointing from Kendrick if he pulls out. Even though I like their music I would be at Thom Yorke. 

with regards to the info, something about Christmas dinner and Tim Healy, at the moment that isn’t enough for me to be convinced. I’m not saying it’s bullshit, seems outstretched and a weird way of it being said but I am waiting till something more concrete before I totally believe they are in the ring. 

• Upvote 2

Assuming they usually sign their headliners up for real around autumn time there's no reason to think the trio has even changed. And if it has we never know anything this time of year. I fully expect this post to see this thread now drop off page one until mid September.

My gut feeling for next year is Gaga /1975 /Swift with a secret set from AM to headline in 2022 (Killers style), only concern is that Gaga and Swift might be considered too similar for both being female solo artists. Although like was said if there can be 2 male guitar bands in the same year, technically no reason why there can't be two female solo's maybe. 

8 minutes ago, AtomsForPizza said:

I've probably missed something but why does everyone think it is so unlikely Kendrick will be there in 2021? 

Is the theory that Macca was pencilled in for 2019 but replaced by Killers? 

We've had a bit of info from a regular poster with a good track record for this kind of stuff in the Rock Werchter part of the forum that both Kendrick and Taylor look uncertain to reschedule their 2020 dates right now, but that's about it. I (and some others) are just working on the assumption that Kendrick seems like the most likely to pull out (based on nothing really - just a hunch). All just complete guesswork at this point though.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

We've had a bit of info from a regular poster with a good track record for this kind of stuff in the Rock Werchter part of the forum that both Kendrick and Taylor look uncertain to reschedule their 2020 dates right now, but that's about it. I (and some others) are just working on the assumption that Kendrick seems like the most likely to pull out (based on nothing really - just a hunch). All just complete guesswork at this point though.

this is bang on really

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I think this is just because Taylor announced some 2021 dates while Kendrick none. But the reality is that Kendrick it's the one with an album pending to release so for sure will tour (in Festivals I don't know though). 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

When was the last time Son of Dennis from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet and the lads played the G?

Is a lot of the disdain from folk who caught a chunk of the 2014 set whilst getting a good spot for Dolly? 

Played in 2016 on the Other before Chvrches and New Order. From what I recall it seemed to go down well. And aye, their pre-Dolly set certainly leant to my initial dislike of them, although I've come around to them quite a bit since, even if I would probably choose to be elsewhere if they headlined.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

*Thom Yorke then South East Corner early comment*

Can't say I've ever really checked out any of his live sets/videos etc, but the prospect of seeing him live (especially as my Glastonbury Friday night headliner) doesn't excite me in the slightest, and I'm a huge Radiohead fan.

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

When was the last time Son of Dennis from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet and the lads played the G?

Is a lot of the disdain from folk who caught a chunk of the 2014 set whilst getting a good spot for Dolly? 

They played in 2016, and both that set and the 2014 set at Glasto did not show them at their best - they are way better than that now.  Watch their Reading set from last year to see the difference.  They are now ready to headline the Pyramid 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Can't say I've ever really checked out any of his live sets/videos etc, but the prospect of seeing him live (especially as my Glastonbury Friday night headliner) doesn't excite me in the slightest, and I'm a huge Radiohead fan.

I have seen him live at Manchester Palace Theatre and thought he was great. ANIMA is a brilliant album and live Friday night will be sensational then you have the first album The Eraser which sounds great and he always ends with a Radiohead song (Spectre or Like Spinning Plates). For me I couldnt want more if Kendrick pulled out. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Love too wander round a load of empty tents with DJs playing drum and bass to no one.

That's literally my annual routine :) Go through it as a tourist at some point, usually on Sunday late afternoon/evening. Went at night time a couple of time when it was first a thing (2008?2009?) and didn't really enjoy it much. I love all the "film set" feel, and the messages/posters, etc., but never enjoyed that kind of club/music. Do a lap, get out and go to Avalon Inn or Bimble Inn for a 🍻 and leave space for those that like that kind of thing.

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Is this a thing? :lol: I get shortening 'I Like It When You Sleep..' but those two extra digits were innocent.

Not 19 forever, pull yourself together.

Yeah, pure unadulterated The Courteeners content, take that world