2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I dunno man, obviously the 'men-with-guitars' thing is a bit of a simplification but if you look at the last few years:

The Cure & The Killers

Radiohead & The Foos

Muse & Coldplay 

(should've been) The Foos & The Who

Arcade Fire & Kasabian (with Metallica thrown in for good measure). 

So I don't think having the 1975 & AM in the same year would look so out of place, particularly given the mainstream pop crossover of the 1975

Yeah when you put it like that I take back my earlier statement completely 😄 Still a fucking shit pair of headliners to have in one year mind what with them both just being the 'big' lad bands to come from the UK in their respective decades, but I'm sure for a lot of people they'd be welcomed with open arms after the distinctive lack of lads lads lads from this years headliners. 

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

I'd be delighted with The 1975 next year, not so much with AM.

But didn't Emily say something about wanting Macca back next year?

I think Stella posted on instagram something along the lines of "we should have been there right now dad, we'll just have to do it next year" type of thing so not sure if that's classed as self confirmation or "dad your going to do it next year no ifs or buts!"

Just now, Wellyboot said:

I'd be delighted with The 1975 next year, not so much with AM.

But didn't Emily say something about wanting Macca back next year?

We're assuming The 1975 and AM were who were lined up for 2021 before everything went to shit this year. As it stands, I don't think it'll be them two in the same year, especially with Macca looking like he might be back on board. I'd guess that AM will be the one to move back a year if any of them do.

queue the hate 😂...

ive been 3 times and only seen 1 pyramid headliner in Radiohead.

i would see all 1975, macca and AMs. That is a really good set of headliners for me, as is Kenny and Macca (not so much swifty, so if AMs were to get in for her that is a dream for me.)

I would say this to people who dislike the 1975 - go and see them. I used to absolutely hate them until I saw them and they blew me away. If you’re into big production bands who operate well with enhanced back drop/ lighting/ graphics then definitely give them a chance (given there is no one else on that you’d prefer to see!)

3 minutes ago, eddie_corrigan said:

I think Stella posted on instagram something along the lines of "we should have been there right now dad, we'll just have to do it next year" type of thing so not sure if that's classed as self confirmation or "dad your going to do it next year no ifs or buts!"

Ah that must be where I'd got that from! Thank you :) 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

We're assuming The 1975 and AM were who were lined up for 2021 before everything went to shit this year. As it stands, I don't think it'll be them two in the same year, especially with Macca looking like he might be back on board. I'd guess that AM will be the one to move back a year if any of them do.

I'd take that tbf, The 1975, Macca and another headliner next year and then AM the year after :) 

1 minute ago, PolygonWindow said:

queue the hate 😂...

ive been 3 times and only seen 1 pyramid headliner in Radiohead.

i would see all 1975, macca and AMs. That is a really good set of headliners for me, as is Kenny and Macca (not so much swifty, so if AMs were to get in for her that is a dream for me.)

I would say this to people who dislike the 1975 - go and see them. I used to absolutely hate them until I saw them and they blew me away. If you’re into big production bands who operate well with enhanced back drop/ lighting/ graphics then definitely give them a chance (given there is no one else on that you’d prefer to see!)

This! They really do put on a show!

I get the sell, but like others here I've given their stuff a fair crack and there's just not enough there for me to go see them.  One or two tunes for me, but that's it.  If they were likely to be lower down the bill I might stop and give them a go live, but I just can't see there being so little on that interests me at headliner time that I'd check them out just in case.

Horses for courses innit?

Just now, Quark said:

I get the sell, but like others here I've given their stuff a fair crack and there's just not enough there for me to go see them.  One or two tunes for me, but that's it.  If they were likely to be lower down the bill I might stop and give them a go live, but I just can't see there being so little on that interests me at headliner time that I'd check them out just in case.

Horses for courses innit?

no I really do understand this as I’ve found myself in this position many times

7 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

would say this to people who dislike the 1975 - go and see them. I used to absolutely hate them until I saw them and they blew me away. If you’re into big production bands who operate well with enhanced back drop/ lighting/ graphics then definitely give them a chance (given there is no one else on that you’d prefer to see!)

I was just thinking "pfffft, I don't really care about any of that stuff" but then realised that is exactly what I say to people to encourage them to go to a U2 show once in their life 🤣

Maybe I'll give them a shot, depending on who they're up against. Maybe. 

1975 / Macca / Swift.

Seems a good trio to me. Two first time headliners, legacy act, good mix of genres, with Diana you've got a good gender balance across the big 4 and acts to appeal to multiple demographics.

It's not the dream but hey, I'd see Thom on WH and then back to Pyramid headliners. All good.

Absolute guff of the highest order. Biggest shock I've ever had that they have done anything. Thought their set in 2014 was laughably bad... but in saying all that... it's a new headliner & I'd rather them be given the gig than a a constant repeat headliner. (AM, Muse & definitely the Coldplay's of the world)

Plus I saw an interview with the lead singer & he seems a decent guy.

Just now, jparx said:

1975 / Macca / Swift.

Seems a good trio to me. Two first time headliners, legacy act, good mix of genres, with Diana you've got a good gender balance across the big 4 and acts to appeal to multiple demographics.

It's not the dream but hey, I'd see Thom on WH and then back to Pyramid headliners. All good.

Do we think Di will be back next year then?  I truly hope so

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Absolute guff of the highest order. Biggest shock I've ever had that they have done anything. Thought their set in 2014 was laughably bad... but in saying all that... it's a new headliner & I'd rather them be given the gig than a a constant repeat headliner. (AM, Muse & definitely the Coldplay's of the world)

Plus I saw an interview with the lead singer & he seems a decent guy.

I'm starting to get the vibe that you're not really a Coldplay fan Fuzz.....

4 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Do we think Di will be back next year then?  I truly hope so

Seems a slam dunk. Looks like her tour was in place to supplement Glastonbury, so now the tour is back on for 2021 the legend slot announcement is just a formality.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

1975 / Macca / Swift.

Yeah this is where I'm at if The 1975 were supposed to be playing next year. AM haven't released their album yet so an easy one to just push back all their plans whereas The 1975 have been consistently touring for what seems like forever now + the album will be a year old so imagine they'd be keen to play whilst things are still relatively fresh. Although with Kendrick out and assuming the Friday night headliners stay the same, it's looking like slim pickings headliner wise that night (the prospect of Thom Yorke doesn't excite me too much).

2 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

The 1975 I have the feeling that would be a performance to remember and I am not a big fan. Watching their Reading show was epic. They know that it's their moment and they will give the 200%.

Aye. Not a fan of theirs but the R+L shows did look very impressive.