2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

Yea that interview was there other day.

What’s the consensus on AM? I do think it’s weird for Emily to not mention them when she was asked. She was asked about 3 bands at once, so it might have just slipped her mind - but something tells me she’s tactical enough to slip over a band that has been booked and hence doesn’t want to bring attention to.

Could be either I suppose.

1 minute ago, Addaloria said:

I haven’t gone back to read everything in thus thread, so sorry if this has been discussed. 
Is there going to be a completely different line up for 2021?

I reckon about 70% will be the same with a few new additions and/or replacements. No idea who will be the drop outs at this point, but largely gonna be the Pyramid that sees noticeable changes I think. 

2 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I'm sure this has been discussed already, but I reckon the 1975 were gonna play some sort of secret set this year, and are pencilled in for next year. So my guess is 1975 will be kept as a headliner for 2021. 

First time I've heard of this and everyone seems to have just skimmed over it - what is that sauce for this?

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

First time I've heard of this and everyone seems to have just skimmed over it - what is that sauce for this?

For which part? The secret set was a guess based on their radio 1 interview a few months before the festival. The headliner part, again a guess, is based on their desire to play it, Emily's comments about wanting them there, the fact they just smashed Reading, and that they are the biggest current band in the world right now (like it not...)!

Didnt mean to make it sound anything more than a prediction, so apologies if it came across like that. 

Just now, Freddyflintstonree said:

For which part? The secret set was a guess based on their radio 1 interview a few months before the festival. The headliner part, again a guess, is based on their desire to play it, Emily's comments about wanting them there, the fact they just smashed Reading, and that they are the biggest current band in the world right now (like it not...)!

Didnt mean to make it sound anything more than a prediction, so apologies if it came across like that. 

ah no worries, I completely misread your comment and thought it had been announced like the Mumford secret set was! I think the 1975 have said they want to take a break for a bit so personally i reckon they'll be 2022 w/ a new album

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

ah no worries, I completely misread your comment and thought it had been announced like the Mumford secret set was! I think the 1975 have said they want to take a break for a bit so personally i reckon they'll be 2022 w/ a new album

Ah fair play, sorry for the confusion! And good point, though I know they are desperate to headline the Pyramid. 

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

They did an interview earlier on in the year and when asked about Glastonbury they said they weren't headlining 2020 and then looked very smuggly at each other.

They also said in 2018, that they'd be at Glasto 2020 whether or not they headline, and Emily Eavis has said 'obviously we'd love to have The 1975' although she could just be saying this with no meaning whatsoever.

Also Matt Healy jokingly said in an interview that he'd love to play a secret set in the Common at like 2am.

Poor effort making this shite the biggest band in the world guys

Edit: I didn't even check what you were talking about, there was really old Coldplay footage on BBC2

Double edit: wrong thread, +wot

Edited by priest17

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

If I had to guess, 1975 would be OK being second from top under Macca. Noel not playing means their is a slot.

Eh, they’re a headliner right now, and in this business you never know how long you’re gonna stay at that level, so would be dumb of them to scupper their chances of headlining by a couple of years by agreeing to sub, even if it is to McCartney. They’ll headline next time they play.