2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I know for some it would be a huge result and probably be widely hailed as an improvement, fucking hell would AM replacing any of this years headliners be a huge downgrade. 

A lot of people would be TBF

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Well she was doing a festival headline tour in 2020. If she reschedules and Taylor doesn't, seems an obvious replacement to me.

The festivals she was headlining in 2020 were ones she hadn’t already played on this album tour, I think I’m right in saying. It’s easy to forget that she played in 2019.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The festivals she was headlining in 2020 were ones she hadn’t already played on this album tour, I think I’m right in saying. It’s easy to forget that she played in 2019.

Next year is next year though. She could have a new record out by then, and suddenly doing the festival tour could be for the new album rather than a second leg.

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

When Emily Eavis was on radio 1 the other day she was asked if Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys or ABBA would be playing in 2021. She dismissed Coldplay and ABBA as not being there, but didnt even mention Arctic Monkeys. Might not mean anything just haven't seen anyone else mention it. 

Anyone have a link to somewhere I can re-listen to this?

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

It was on Thursday afternoon somewhere around 1-2pm sorry I dont have link though. Maybe through iplayer?

BBC Sounds app might work, or their direct website if you scroll to the bottom of the DJ’s page. Not used either for a while though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Whats your current guess?

Hard to say but if pushed I’d go with Arctics, McCartney, Swift right now. Reckon Kendrick would be the hold out and Arctics seem like an obvious one they’d have lined up for 2021 already. If Swift is out, Gaga to replace her.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Next year is next year though. She could have a new record out by then, and suddenly doing the festival tour could be for the new album rather than a second leg.

Next year is still this year as far as live music is concerned.

I think instances of acts who weren't already working on new albums using the enforced downtime to work on another record should be treated as more of a surprise than something to be expected, as is happening a lot on here.

I mean, she's sold all the tickets to her arena tour and is already headlining festivals. Why not position the album to sell more tickets and headline festivals again in 2022 and 2023 rather than putting it out in the middle of the first album tour? At the rate she's going she could headline stadiums on album two so keep it until then would be the smart move.