2021 Headliners

1 minute ago, jparx said:

You love to see that juicy SR next to Macca.

@Neil have you heard anything additional or is Stella’s tweet and Emily saying they want him back enough to warrant it?

nothing extra.

All the other SR's are (I think) based on those acts announcing dates around June 2021, and i reckon Stella's tweet is at least as good.

I'm wondering if Glasto has asked the headliners to keep it low for what they're doing next June, as all three haven't announced new dates for next year, and because it's becoming the norm for other acts I reckon at least one of them should have announced a reschedule for next year.

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

nothing extra.

All the other SR's are (I think) based on those acts announcing dates around June 2021, and i reckon Stella's tweet is at least as good.

I'm wondering if Glasto has asked the headliners to keep it low for what they're doing next June, as all three haven't announced new dates for next year, and because it's becoming the norm for other acts I reckon at least one of them should have announced a reschedule for next year.

Taylor swift and kendrick lamar haven't announced any other European festival rescheduled, so I think they may be unlikely.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Taylor swift and kendrick lamar haven't announced any other European festival rescheduled, so I think they may be unlikely.

Macca hasn't announced rescheduled dates either.

It might just be coincidence of course, but I do think it seems a little odd that none of the three headliners have, when it's so common for other acts to reschedule for the same time(ish) next year.

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think Gaga only just rescheduling is encouraging. Shows acts are still in the process of sorting it all out, and it must be a logistical nightmare for the bigger acts with more than just touring commitments. We obviously have Ken's info on both of those, which I believe was accurate at the time, but things are still so up in the air the situation could have changed, and maybe changed multiple times. I suspect we'll have acts confirming reschedule dates for a few more months still as they work through everything.

We've not had word on Eilish yet either and she was doing a festival tour. 

Just now, Neil said:

Macca hasn't announced rescheduled dates either.

It might just be coincidence of course, but I do think it seems a little odd that none of the three headliners have, when it's so common for other acts to reschedule for the same time(ish) next year.

Fair point! Most of the super big bands do 2 year tour plans : I assume the headliners are considering whether to move it forward another year or to skip it straight to year 2. I don't think they'd do it for just Glastonbury, especially as the other festivals probably pay more.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I think Gaga only just rescheduling is encouraging. Shows acts are still in the process of sorting it all out, and it must be a logistical nightmare for the bigger acts with more than just touring commitments. We obviously have Ken's info on both of those, which I believe was accurate at the time, but things are still so up in the air the situation could have changed, and maybe changed multiple times. I suspect we'll have acts confirming reschedule dates for a few more months still as they work through everything.

We've not had word on Eilish yet either and she was doing a festival tour. 

Killers rescheduled quickly as well. The stadium tours are probably more of a priority for the acts though.

Still some biggies yet to confirm then.

I get the sense with Kendrick and especially Taylor that their tour plans are usually kept quite close to their chests. The Taylor festival tour particularly seemed to come out the blue - not sure anyone had info that, even Ken? Hopefully we just get a random Instagram post one day with all the dates on there.

Edited by jparx

Thrilling stuff seeing Macca going from a worry to a strong rumour. Feeling really optimistic about next year. McCartney was the ultimate for me and wasn’t overly fussed about the other two so would be happy to see it mixed up a bit. 

As an aside, anyone know of any particular reason why Dylan has never played?

5 minutes ago, ghandi said:

See post just now in the BBC Glastonbury thread in it's full, but surely it's Elbows time now, well overdue.

To headline? No chance. Looks like they were third down the Pyramid this year so they’re already on the decline. Remember them being one of the first strong headliner rumours of 2014 immediately after the 2013 festival had finished (along with The Eagles and... another(?) and the sigh of relief across the board when they just subbed instead.

1 minute ago, incident said:

I'm pretty sure he headlined the Acoustic Stage in the late 90s

He was in the middle of the Pyramid Stage bill. There's a good (brief) story of Nick Cave's first time meeting him there where Bob rows up to him backstage on a boat (wet year) and says "I like your stuff" and rows away.

1 minute ago, ghandi said:

Why not we've had Sheeran and Mumfords ffs. I think they've earned it. 

There’s way more to being a glasto headliner than that. Sheeran and Mumford when they headlined had this very small benefit of being one of the most successful artists around at the time.

Why do so many users on here forget that fact 🤣 Glasto ain’t a village fete anymore it’s one of the biggest stages in the world.

• Upvote 1

With the 2021 line-up already being considered prior to this year's being cancelled, and then a lot of this year's being rolled over to next year, what's the chances of the festival putting on more music on Thursday to retain more of 2020 and 2021's acts? Would 4 full days-worth be feasible? Or is it a licensing issue?