2021 Headliners

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I really feel confident about Billie. She’d be the youngest person to headline Glastonbury, which I think is a really big achievement. Especially with the youngest Glastonbury headliner being a woman.

My hopes for 2021 are that the pyramid has Paul, Billie, Dave, Lizzo - really think they are some extremely solid and current acts for the festival to book.

I think Billie is definitely on the cards, and strikes me as someone they may have approached quite far in advance (which seems to be the case with the pencilled in 2021 headliners). 

I feel like Swift is the headliner they least need to prioritise getting to return next year. Macca is important because who knows how many years he has left in him, this might be his last chance to headline. Kendrick is important because with everything going on in the world, having him headline next year could be iconic.

Whereas Swift is just some pop singer 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Perhaps Kendrick could be enticed onstage with a Colin the Caterpillar cake, the big fucking toddler.

Or get Alex Turner onstage to sing him a rendition of Happy Birthday

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

1 hour ago, jparx said:

So sounds like they are going with some of the 2021 acts they had pencilled in, so a mix of 2020 and 2021. I thought Emily was a bit coy on how they're going to bring together almost two years of festival to one.

I imagine some of the pencilled 21 acts will be pushed back to 22. I doubt many will have signed anything this far out anyway.

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

I think Kendrick couldn't give a damn about performing while it's his birthday.

Don't know where that made up story comes from.

Ken said that he never tours in June as it is as he is usually busy with private commitments, and his 2020 June tour was planned pretty late on. 

It sounds weird and random but it stacks up. Also I’ve learnt to totally believe Ken on anything he says because he’s usually bang on correct. Even if it sounds dumb.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I imagine some of the pencilled 21 acts will be pushed back to 22. I doubt many will have signed anything this far out anyway.

It did seem that things were very up in the air for next year though and my hunch is still the same as you. I find it difficult to see how many new acts for 2021 will actually fit in, given all the rescheduling. Certainly with the bigger acts - there will be a real lack of big outdoor venues after everyone rolls over, not to mention it could be a struggle selling tickets given the economy and people retaining their 2020 tickets.