2021 Headliners

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Absolutely. I guess for the UK at least BST could still be an option as well since they don't seem to be releasing anything for a while, but looks like the other European festivals may not be waiting around.

Yep my thought as well. Sounds like Macca was confirmed late as well, so you're possibly talking about only having Taylor in the bag heading in to the Autumn, then they pull out an all time legendary set of headliners. Crazy.

Macca was announced in November.  

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Absolutely. I guess for the UK at least BST could still be an option as well since they don't seem to be releasing anything for a while, but looks like the other European festivals may not be waiting around.

Yep my thought as well. Sounds like Macca was confirmed late as well, so you're possibly talking about only having Taylor in the bag heading in to the Autumn, then they pull out an all time legendary set of headliners. Crazy.

Was Macca not confirmed first?

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Macca was announced in November.  

3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Was Macca not confirmed first?

Talking about when they were booked.

Macca was announced first yes but it looked like he was booked last.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

November is pretty late for a headline booking. Otherwise Kendrick making himself available in September wouldn’t be at all notable

Really? I appreciate they normally have things pencilled in but I didn’t think it was that late at all to get them signed up

Apologies if this comes across as insensitive but with everything going on in the world, and given what he stands for, Glasto absolutely need to do everything to get Kendrick next year. That could potentially be one of the biggest bookings ever, that set will send serious messages to thick people around the country who think racism is ‘America’s problem and not ours’ (Believe me - you would be surprised how many of these idiots there are).

I think he is coming back, the times are so unprecedented that the orthodox route of touring Europe and playing Glastonbury ‘only if you’re in the country at that time’ could very well go out the window next year. Don’t get me wrong, there will be some acts that drop out but not the headliners in my opinion (I am talking without any background knowledge btw, just my thoughts).

Anyone that says they won’t be coming back is either being misinformed or has been told info subject to change in my opinion, it’s way too early.

Edited by PolygonWindow
Amendment
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PolygonWindow said:

Apologies if this comes across as insensitive but with everything going on in the world, and given what he stands for, Glasto absolutely need to do everything to get Kendrick next year. That could potentially be one of the biggest bookings ever, that set will send serious messages to thick people around the country who think racism is ‘America’s problem and not ours’ (Believe me - you would be surprised how many of these idiots there are).

I think he is coming back, the times are so unprecedented that the orthodox route of touring Europe and playing Glastonbury ‘only if you’re in the country at that time’ could very well go out the window next year. Don’t get me wrong, there will be some acts that drop out but not the headliners in my opinion (I am talking without any background knowledge btw, just my thoughts).

Anyone that says they won’t be coming back is either being misinformed or has been told info subject to change in my opinion, it’s way too early.

This doesn’t come across as insensitive in the slightest, and I agree that no-one can genuinely claim whether he is returning or not given no-one really knows, it’s all speculation. But with respect, the same could be said about you claiming he’s coming back.

No-one knows, we’re all just guessing and speculating, that’s the point of this forum!

Also, while I think having Kendrick as a headliner amongst all that is happening in the world would definitely be a positive thing and definitely should be done, it’s not really going to have a massive impact in the wide scheme of things. It’s not like racist bigots who so strongly and unwaveringly hold their awful shitty opinions are going to look at Glastonbury headliners and change their mind. However I do agree that small acts of change ultimately contribute to wider societal change.

• Upvote 1

I am just thinking about the performance of Kendrick if this year Glastonbury was on after all the mess in USA and the black lives matter with his big involvement with the black community. Would have been fucking legendary as the protests are still hot. 

Edited by AlexOvd

Thinking about how biblical Kenny would have been with the current context really is making me miss Glasto now. 

It could have been total catharsis and a huge moment, assuming that everything panned out in a similar way even without coronavirus (which we'll never know of course). 

2 hours ago, Zacko said:

Thinking about how biblical Kenny would have been with the current context really is making me miss Glasto now. 

It could have been total catharsis and a huge moment, assuming that everything panned out in a similar way even without coronavirus (which we'll never know of course). 

Exactly. Really hoping he'll come trough. He would be the right man at the right moment. 

The info currently is Kendrick is busy next summer, but everything is changing so quickly at the minute I wouldn't bank on anything yet. He's still got an album due so you imagine he'll be doing some shows of some description next year.

Again, could be he won't commit until later on but the worry there is the festival books a replacement in the meantime. Fingers crossed though and I do think info we have now isn't necessarily set in stone, much more so than any other year.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

The info currently is Kendrick is busy next summer, but everything is changing so quickly at the minute I wouldn't bank on anything yet. He's still got an album due so you imagine he'll be doing some shows of some description next year.

There's nothing bigger you can do than topping a 50th edition of the most famous festival in the world isn't it. Headlining that stage, on that festival, would make so much sense. I'm optimistic.

Just now, thewayiam said:

Let's not make the festival all about this, it's bad enough everything going on with it at the minute anyway.

I'd really like to see how it will go down. 🙂 Lamar's a very positive, clever guy who could really make this show/tour special. 

I'm equally curious about how the next RATM tour will go down.

Just watching Kasabian in 2018 from the Isle of Wight Festival highlights and you can’t deny that, whilst not being everyone’s cup of tea, they put on a good show and are a big headline act in this country. Would be foolish to say they’ll never headline Glastonbury again.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think Gaz has spent the last week furiously deleting a few old photos...

I was waiting you to come along. I haven't deleted anything as there was nothing to delete.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Standing up to racism is never bad.

Never said there was but let's no make the festival all about it and get bloody kick offs and riots there on a year back.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I was waiting you to come along. I haven't deleted anything as there was nothing to delete.

Never said there was but let's no make the festival all about it and get bloody kick offs and riots there on a year back.

Who exactly is going to kick off or riot at Glastonbury?