2021 Headliners

Just now, jparx said:

I thought Sisco meant Dave/Skepta as sub replacing LDR?

Looming realisation that we're getting Arctic Monkeys again and losing the greatest headliner trio ever 😐

He did, I got mixed up. Yep, though it’s still solid, but not as solid. 

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It'll have been 8 years since the Artic Monkeys last headlined and since they did they've released arguably their best album since the debut. I don't think you can begrudge them a headliner slot in 2021.

Happy to admit there are plenty of fans here and this isn't a popular opinion, but to me they're just the epitome of average. I'd just personally rather see something fresh in the top slot! For me it takes a really special act to justify headlining 3 times in 14 years, and AM ain't that for me.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Happy to admit there are plenty of fans here and this isn't a popular opinion, but to me they're just the epitome of average. I'd just personally rather see something fresh in the top slot! For me it takes a really special act to justify headlining 3 times in 14 years, and AM ain't that for me.

If Muse can headline 3 times in 12 years then AM can definitely headline 3 times in 14 years

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

yep im all for another coldplay appearance :) 

1 minute ago, tigger123 said:

If Muse can headline 3 times in 12 years then AM can definitely headline 3 times in 14 years

Hey I thought the Muse booking was the most uninspired the festival has ever done! Shouldn’t be used as a justification for repeat bookings, if anything it’s evidence to the contrary.

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

I thought Sisco meant Dave/Skepta as sub replacing LDR?

Looming realisation that we're getting Arctic Monkeys again and losing the greatest headliner trio ever 😐

Yeah I did. 

Tbf, I do like the Arctic Monkeys and cannot remember a thing about them the last time they played (always over indulge far far far too much on a Friday). 

Please just let Macca be there

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

That looks much more interesting to me. Can totally see that, although the pessimist in me does see Gaga as a long shot. 

Agree about Gaga, but I'm sure they'll do everything they can to get another female headliner. My wishlist at this point is:

AM/Macca/Bey 

Do that and I'd pretty much be guaranteed to do the elusive '3 nights at the Pyramid' 

49 minutes ago, sisco said:

Really does open it all up then.  I’m in the Gaga headlining Sunday gang

Yeah me too.

39 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Lady Gaga // Paul McCartney // Arctic Monkeys 

Dave/Skepta aren’t big enough tho we said that about Stormzy and Dave would be good to see. Monkeys Sheffield proposed dates would put them as favourite and the opportunity to book them, Gaga, if rescheduled earlier seems a good option and if she will ever do it, It has to be now. 

That trio would not surprise me and to be honest it's better in my opinion overall. The 1975 could go instead of Arctics but if they are about then I can't see any different. 

7 minutes ago, chemica said:

The info saying Swift wants to wait another year. Is it likely she’d still be touring Lover by that point? Two and a half years old if not more. 

Don't think so. New album by then I'd imagine. She's probably already written it.

Can I ask how reliable Ken is as a source? What info have the got right in the past?

I trust everyone on here when they say Ken is a trustworthy source, but I just want some kind of evidence/track record to back up my claims when I tell friends.

Also as someone who wasn’t planning on seeing Taylor Swift or Kendrick Lamar I’m kind of happy with this news, but I also feel for everyone on here as I know how excited people were!

But also, didn’t Ken day I got is changing on a daily basis? That’s gotta be a positive for fans of Swifty/Lamar?

1 minute ago, Jack.194 said:

Can I ask how reliable Ken is as a source? What info have the got right in the past?

I trust everyone on here when they say Ken is a trustworthy source, but I just want some kind of evidence/track record to back up my claims when I tell friends.

Also as someone who wasn’t planning on seeing Taylor Swift or Kendrick Lamar I’m kind of happy with this news, but I also feel for everyone on here as I know how excited people were!

But also, didn’t Ken day I got is changing on a daily basis? That’s gotta be a positive for fans of Swifty/Lamar?

He's usually spot, giving info on the RW lineups each year for example. I don't know exactly what his connections are, but for European festivals he's definitely in the know.

He did say info is regularly changing yeah, so there's always that to cling to. Swift seems to be hesitant to commit to another European festival tour given it's not 100% it'll happen. I guess it depends how quickly festivals will be to book replacements since later in the year she may well be ready to make that commitment. Seeing that PS have booked Gorillaz, seemingly a replacement for LDR, suggests that festivals are moving quickly to get their lineups sorted. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Who you thinking Matt?

1975  / Paul / Billie Eilish - but I’m unsure on Paul. I think there’s a chance we could get three new headliners.

We only thought of AM because there are big gigs intending to go ahead in Sheffield - I think there’s a chance AM will push everything back. Also - considering AM’s recent touring history I don’t think they rush to play festivals anymore.

Edited by Matt42

I was initially down on Macca returning, but now I feel like that's a slam dunk. I guess because it seemed quite obvious his tour was primarily a warm up for Glastonbury, so why wouldn't he return? Diana Ross rescheduling has given me hope.

Billie is a wildcard here I think. Doesn't seem to be any info she's around yet, but if she is I'd personally snap her up in a heartbeat. After having two of the most fresh and modern headliners in years go by the wayside, Billie would be a tremendous replacement. If there's a new album before the festival as well, it could turn out to be a real coup.

Edited by jparx

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

1975  / Paul / Billie Eilish - but I’m unsure on Paul. I think there’s a chance we could get three new headliners.

We only thought of AM because there are big gigs intending to go ahead in Sheffield - I think there’s a chance AM will push everything back. Also - considering AM’s recent touring history I don’t think they rush to play festivals anymore.

I would say 1975 - Paul - Lady Gaga if Kenny and Taylor are out, with Billie and Artics flying around.