2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think Aerosmith just wanted to tick Glastonbury off as part of this UK tour.

Anyway, Noel was before McCartney. And Noel’s probably not coming back so what does that say to you if this is all connected?

Why not? Surely his dates will just be put back a year like everyone else? On one of the recent podcasts with Matt Morgan he sounded pretty gutted to not be playing Glastonbury this year

16 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Why not? Surely his dates will just be put back a year like everyone else? On one of the recent podcasts with Matt Morgan he sounded pretty gutted to not be playing Glastonbury this year

There was some info from somewhere that said Noel wasn't touring next year. Think it came from someone in the Eden Sessions camp.

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Prior to the pandemic?

The info came out after everything was cancelled. To be honest, though, I think info from a couple months ago may well be outdated now given how much has happened and the full scale of this is known. 

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

The info came out after everything was cancelled. To be honest, though, I think info from a couple months ago may well be outdated now given how much has happened and the full scale of this is known. 

I see. If memory serves he had 1 London gig, 2 in Manchester and a handful of summer dates. I think he'll play those next year if things return to normal

It was either Eden Sessions or those Bristol Harbour gigs. They cancelled and said they are trying their best to get the artists to return, but that Noel Gallagher had already confirmed that he's unavailable for the new dates as he's got other commitments.

Some people took that to mean a possible Oasis reunion but it's more likely that he's just recording new stuff.

Edited by Gilgamesh69

29 minutes ago, jparx said:

There was some info from somewhere that said Noel wasn't touring next year. Think it came from someone in the Eden Sessions camp.

I am sure he said in an interview he'd  had enough of sleeping on a bus now he was in his 50's 

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

It was either Eden Sessions or those Bristol Harbour gigs. They cancelled and said they are trying their best to get the artists to return, but that Noel Gallagher had already confirmed that he's unavailable for the new dates as he'd got other commitments.

Some people took that to mean a possible Oasis reunion but it's more likely that he's just recording new stuff.

Interesting, first time I've heard. Still find it hard to believe he would pass up the Glastonbury slot if it's still subbing McCartney, time will tell I guess 

16 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Interesting, first time I've heard. Still find it hard to believe he would pass up the Glastonbury slot if it's still subbing McCartney, time will tell I guess 

True, I reckon if he's in the country he'd probably do it. But for all we know, he could be touring in another continent

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Noel is kinda fun live though, be nice :(

I like the one about that girl who fell, it's got great lyrics

I think Noel is great live. I'd love to see him on the farm. Noel and Macca back to back would have been a fucking ace few hours on a Saturday night.

10 hours ago, mufcok said:

I see. If memory serves he had 1 London gig, 2 in Manchester and a handful of summer dates. I think he'll play those next year if things return to normal

Even if not touring as such I think if Macca does Glastonbury then Noel makes an exception.

9 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Agreed, I'd much rather Noel over Liam as he cares more about the whole show than just making every other song Oasis and playing original stuff, I've seen him twice now and he's always a brilliant front man too with good humour and wit 

Like Noel as well. He’d mostly pretty good. 
Although last time I saw him (2018) he had The misfortune to be en playing after David Byrne and right before NiN and Nick Cave, who all were extraordinary. Made Noel feel a bit... decent. 

Just seen Ken post on the RW thread "There is a lot happening and everything changes each day it seems. Information from last week is not correct this week anymore. Etc."

Since Ken was our only source for Taylor not returning, and Kendrick being unlikely, thought that would be relevant to the headliner discussion and a reminder it's not over yet 😉

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just seen Ken post on the RW thread "There is a lot happening and everything changes each day it seems. Information from last week is not correct this week anymore. Etc."

Since Ken was our only source for Taylor not returning, and Kendrick being unlikely, thought that would be relevant to the headliner discussion and a reminder it's not over yet 😉

So the magic trio are back?