2021 Headliners

On 6/3/2020 at 10:25 PM, jparx said:

I'm feeling increasingly optimistic they will all be back. If any of them did have alternate plans for 2021, it's becoming clear that those plans will be forced back a year with the knock on effects. Any movies due to be shot next year, for example, will be bumped for 2020 ones that have been delayed. Same with tours - any acts who planned on touring in 2021 will struggle to get venues now. It seems likely Kendrick and Taylor in particular have taken a wait and see approach, and maybe still are, but I think they will eventually commit to 2021.

It's still up in the air, but I am taking an optimistic outlook on it until we get confirmation otherwise. 

Really hope this is the case. Probably the biggest list of acts I've wanted to see in 7 GF's. 

I must be in the minority here, but I'd love a new set of headliners for 2021. I just wasn't into any of this years headliners really, though I probably would have gone and seen Macca. Kendrick, I just don't listen to rap music of any kind so not interested in him whatsoever. Macca, I'm not fussed about him playing or not, although he may have been in one of the biggest bands of all time, I just never listened to The Beatles growing up, for me, it's one of the "Meh-est" rock music acts that have headlined the festival (in my music taste). Swift, I don't listen to pop music at all so wouldn't have been interested in seeing her.

However, the acts "on the cards" for 2021 are very much my taste.

The 1975 are one of my favourite bands of the last few years (they were my most listened to artist of 2019 if that means anything). I'd find it hard to get "excited" for them as I've already seen them twice in the last year, at Leeds Festival and Manchester on their last tour. But it's one of those headliners where I'd pretty much know every lyric of every song they play, which is pretty special.

Arctic Monkeys are one of the bands that I could get most excited for (that could headline in the next 5 years)* if they headlined again. For me they're one of those bands that I didn't realise have so many good songs until I listened to their most played songs on Spotify. Plus the atmosphere looked pretty good at their 2013 set on TV, especially 'When The Sun Goes Down', that shit looked awesome.

I know these are really unpopular opinions on here, but it's just what I'd be more interested in.

*This one's optimistic, but I hope Radiohead will headline again someday, the pain of knowing they played the festival before my first one, had a great sub, awesome weather and played some of my favourite songs would be unbearable otherwise.

32 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I must be in the minority here, but I'd love a new set of headliners for 2021. I just wasn't into any of this years headliners really, though I probably would have gone and seen Macca. Kendrick, I just don't listen to rap music of any kind so not interested in him whatsoever. Macca, I'm not fussed about him playing or not, although he may have been in one of the biggest bands of all time, I just never listened to The Beatles growing up, for me, it's one of the "Meh-est" rock music acts that have headlined the festival (in my music taste). Swift, I don't listen to pop music at all so wouldn't have been interested in seeing her.

The 1975 are one of my favourite bands of the last few years (they were my most listened to artist of 2019 if that means anything). I'd find it hard to get "excited" for them as I've already seen them twice in the last year, at Leeds Festival and Manchester on their last tour. But it's one of those headliners where I'd pretty much know every lyric of every song they play, which is pretty special.

Arctic Monkeys are one of the bands that I could get most excited for (that could headline in the next 5 years)* if they headlined again. For me they're one of those bands that I didn't realise have so many good songs until I listened to their most played songs on Spotify. Plus the atmosphere looked pretty good at their 2013 set on TV, especially 'When The Sun Goes Down', that shit looked awesome.

I know these are really unpopular opinions on here, but it's just what I'd be more interested in.

*This one's optimistic, but I hope Radiohead will headline again someday, the pain of knowing they played the festival before my first one, had a great sub, awesome weather and played some of my favourite songs would be unbearable otherwise.

Hate to break it to you but I think you do! 

A73BC383-0BE1-4F50-BF52-72C393D31359.jpeg.1268b2703c7bddfd592b6736bd15ae74.jpeg

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Editors aren’t headlining.

@Miyn Kendrick being booked again would be sensational especially with the current goings on and the Black Lives Matter campaign, he would bring a set that would tell the message how it is on the worlds biggest stage, I want no one else, not even Arcade Fire or Radiohead for next year (well maybe in the other slots).

You might not like rap and artists that are booked but explore Glasto, watch other artists, the best times are also away from the pyramid. Its good not loving all the headliners for example the silver lining of not seeing Kendrick if you dont like him if the festival happened would be seeing Thom Yorke (lead singer of one of your favourite bands) on West Holts, something that if Kendrick isn't rebooked and we get a headliner I dont really like, I can see. Its so much bigger than the pyramid, sometimes be glad it doesn't have some headliners you dont like. 

I fully am in the same boat as you RE Radiohead 2017. festival prior to me attending, so wish I was there. 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Man expresses opinion that four years later is no longer relevant shocker...

Well done for dredging that up though. Seriously, I’m impressed.

Might want to apologise now for when I bring up your love for Editors in four years time. :) 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Man expresses opinion that four years later is no longer relevant shocker...

Well done for dredging that up though. Seriously, I’m impressed.

That was very impressive, must have stumbled across it and used it for future use.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have a database of every band every member has slagged off down the years.

Never know when it’ll come in handy.

Whole of Efests will be fucked when James Arthur unites the genres and becomes the worlds greatest musician later this year then. 

(The way 2020 is going, this actually wouldn’t surprise me)