2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

Trouble with following the usual announcement timeline is we know they’re trying to rebook the same lineup, and in the next few months we may more or less will know who is returning by other festival announcements. Certainly with the undercard there’s not likely to be much in the way of surprises. I don’t see why they’d wait until October at the earliest to announce anything when we would probably know 90% of the lineup by then anyway. It’s not a usual year.

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

Trouble with following the usual announcement timeline is we know they’re trying to rebook the same lineup, and in the next few months we may more or less will know who is returning by other festival announcements. Certainly with the undercard there’s not likely to be much in the way of surprises. I don’t see why they’d wait until October at the earliest to announce anything when we would probably know 90% of the lineup by then anyway. It’s not a usual year.

I don’t think it’s really down to surprises but more that I think festivals need to be careful saying things too early when things have the chance to change. Once we get to September/October it’s not that strange for Glastonbury to drop some announcements. Considering things are easing already (concerns of a second wave aside), by then things could be drastically different and I just think it’s a safer time to put things out there with a bit of certainty?

I just don’t want to see all these festivals flood their fantastic lineups out and everything pulls the plug again :( Glastonbury’s lineup this year was fucking incredible I can’t have something like that pulled from me again!

edit: also there is whispers that Kendrick etc is holding off from signing anything - so I think glasto do need to bide their time a bit 

Edited by Matt42

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think it’s really down to surprises but more that I think festivals need to be careful saying things too early when things have the chance to change. Once we get to September/October it’s not that strange for Glastonbury to drop some announcements. Considering things are easing already (concerns of a second wave aside), by then things could be drastically different and I just think it’s a safer time to put things out there with a bit of certainty?

I just don’t want to see all these festivals flood their fantastic lineups out and everything pulls the plug again :( Glastonbury’s lineup this year was fucking incredible I can’t have something like that pulled from me again!

edit: also there is whispers that Kendrick etc is holding off from signing anything - so I think glasto do need to bide their time a bit 

Yeah you may be right about waiting for more certainty. It could go either way. I know Glastonbury is sold out, but i still think if every other festival has announced their lineup, they will probably do the same. Roskilde is probably one to watch as they shared a chunk of our lineup, including headliners, and is also sold out. My money is still on an announcement over the festival weekend, whether it's just one headliner or a chunk of names.

On Kendrick - I don't think Glastonbury will jump the gun and book someone else if Kendrick is dragging his heels. I think they will give him every chance to sign up, even if that means waiting another 6 months or so. There are plenty of people they could turn to as a backup if need be. I guess my point was they would announce things earlier if they're able to confirm the same acts asap. If the headliners want to wait before committing, I think the festival will wait for them (within reason). They clearly thought the 2020 was an absolute winner and I'm sure they're busting a gut to replicate it.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Worst (best) case - They book Nick Cave, Foals and The National and we have the efests festival we all dreamed of.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I agree, I would like to see a balance of previous acts and newer acts as you wouldn't want for up and comers to kiss their chance, as has been discussed before I think we'll see more changes in the higher bill than the undercard 

I can’t see them making any big announcements for a long time. I assume they’re trying to rebook the same 3 headliners and all 3 of those are in the kind of luxurious position where thy can wait and see how things are panning out for a few months.

On 6/1/2020 at 9:20 PM, MEGABOWL said:

I can’t see them making any big announcements for a long time. I assume they’re trying to rebook the same 3 headliners and all 3 of those are in the kind of luxurious position where thy can wait and see how things are panning out for a few months.

I agree with this, not expecting anything confirmed till ticket resale - not expecting anything concrete over this years weekend apart from maybe acknowledgment of trying to get 2020 acts for 2021 - but be nice if we got some tit bits of info.

This year has been so mental i simply cannot wait for next years festival it surely will be the best yet. 

5 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

I agree with this, not expecting anything confirmed till ticket resale - not expecting anything concrete over this years weekend apart from maybe acknowledgment of trying to get 2020 acts for 2021 - but be nice if we got some tit bits of info.

This year has been so mental i simply cannot wait for next years festival it surely will be the best yet. 

Hi Michael.

• Upvote 4

I'm feeling increasingly optimistic they will all be back. If any of them did have alternate plans for 2021, it's becoming clear that those plans will be forced back a year with the knock on effects. Any movies due to be shot next year, for example, will be bumped for 2020 ones that have been delayed. Same with tours - any acts who planned on touring in 2021 will struggle to get venues now. It seems likely Kendrick and Taylor in particular have taken a wait and see approach, and maybe still are, but I think they will eventually commit to 2021.

It's still up in the air, but I am taking an optimistic outlook on it until we get confirmation otherwise. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I'm feeling increasingly optimistic they will all be back. If any of them did have alternate plans for 2021, it's becoming clear that those plans will be forced back a year with the knock on effects. Any movies due to be shot next year, for example, will be bumped for 2020 ones that have been delayed. Same with tours - any acts who planned on touring in 2021 will struggle to get venues now. It seems likely Kendrick and Taylor in particular have taken a wait and see approach, and maybe still are, but I think they will eventually commit to 2021.

It's still up in the air, but I am taking an optimistic outlook on it until we get confirmation otherwise. 

This is where I am at the moment too.

Macca has to be back on now, part of the deal must have been because of him and the fact they have rescheduled dates around Glasto. 2021 because of this now is the time for him to do it. Doubt he would do it if he didnt have some assistance that Tyler gives.

I also reckon after the campaigning, Kendrick will be back to make a statement on the worlds biggest stage with a performance that goes down in the history books.

Kendrick // Macca // Lady Gaga or Arctic Monkeys

9 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Macca has to be back on now, part of the deal must have been because of him and the fact they have rescheduled dates around Glasto. 2021 because of this now is the time for him to do it. Doubt he would do it if he didnt have some assistance that Tyler gives.

I also reckon after the campaigning, Kendrick will be back to make a statement on the worlds biggest stage with a performance that goes down in the history books.

What’s the sudden positivity surrounding Macca? Please let it be true 🙏🏻

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I am impressed at your ability to connect things that are completely abstract to next year’s headline bookings.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I am impressed at your ability to connect things that are completely abstract to next year’s headline bookings.

The tour could be in case Macca decides to headline or purely Aerosmith are being booked to headline but optimism is key over the cancellation of the best lineup.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

The tour could be in case Macca decides to headline or purely Aerosmith are being booked to headline but optimism is key over the cancellation of the best lineup.

What you can read from Aerosmith rescheduling their tour is that they would really like to not lose the money they stood to make from their tour this year, and they still wish to play these shows and Glastonbury. There’s nothing to suggest Aerosmith were booked because McCartney is playing or vice versa.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

What you can read from Aerosmith rescheduling their tour is that they would really like to not lose the money they stood to make from their tour this year, and they still wish to play these shows and Glastonbury. There’s nothing to suggest Aerosmith were booked because McCartney is playing or vice versa.

True, though would they accept a lower position if they arent playing under a headliner as legendary as Macca?

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

True, though would they accept a lower position if they arent playing under a headliner as legendary as Macca?

I think Aerosmith just wanted to tick Glastonbury off as part of this UK tour.

Anyway, Noel was before McCartney. And Noel’s probably not coming back so what does that say to you if this is all connected?

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Aerosmith just wanted to tick Glastonbury off as part of this UK tour.

Anyway, Noel was before McCartney. And Noel’s probably not coming back so what does that say to you if this is all connected?

Aerosmith as a sub works much better anyway than afternoon. Getting dark towards end for lighters out for you know what. Finish with a rocker ready to heighten mood for Macca as opposed to a Dont Look Back In Anger/Half A World duo.