2021 Headliners

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s just because there has been ZILCH anywhere with Elton and Glastonbury other than on here. He would be an incredibly popular booking at the festival but there is just always no momentum.

There have been many years now where he has toured locally and not played. I can’t help but think there is a reason - and I think it’s probably him.

I love the bloke but he’s very fussy. There’s probably a deal breaker somewhere we don’t know about.

You’re probably right, I certainly agree that if he was going to play he would have by now. His recent upturn in profile through Rocketman and the farewell tour would make now the perfect time to book him.

Alas, it doesn’t seem to be a priority on either side.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If Taylor doesn’t rebook bst we are deffo in trouble. I can’t see glasto being her only gig, and it’s not exactly like stadiums are a safe bet for her either.

The competition for stadiums is going to be mad because they will be competing against rescheduled sporting events. I honestly think stadium gigs next year will be very slim.

Euros next summer again too so there’s not a sudden availability of Wembley.  Not sure how it all works with police presence either and having big stadium shows plus football matches on the same days. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Who knows? There’s nothing to suggest he won’t be returning at the moment.

Excepttt... He's cancelled his European tour due to "current and future work commitments".

https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/freshen-up-european-summer-tour-cancelled

Due to the current global situation Paul and his team have been forced to cancel the forthcoming European tour dates. Given current and future work commitments it has not been possible to find alternative dates.

53 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Excepttt... He's cancelled his European tour due to "current and future work commitments".

https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/freshen-up-european-summer-tour-cancelled

Due to the current global situation Paul and his team have been forced to cancel the forthcoming European tour dates. Given current and future work commitments it has not been possible to find alternative dates.

What CalGon said...

I think with Taylor she shouldnt be in any rush to come back next year. It's not like her star power is diminishing that much - she can wait till 2022 and come back to give a publicity boost to a new album just fine. IMO shes clearly doing stuff like the South America tour for the fans as opposed to bigger festival shows to a mixed crowd.

Kendrick on the other hand I would assume has pushed his album to next year, so should still be on the cards. Macca has his health to worry about too, so I imagine if he wants to play he would also want to do it ASAP to avoid something coming up that means he can't play it anymore...

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I think with Taylor she shouldnt be in any rush to come back next year. It's not like her star power is diminishing that much - she can wait till 2022 and come back to give a publicity boost to a new album just fine.

As a ticket holder for 2021 - and with attendance in 2022 by no means guaranteed - how well she can publicise an unreleased album isn't a priority.

47 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As a ticket holder for 2021 - and with attendance in 2022 by no means guaranteed - how well she can publicise an unreleased album isn't a priority.

But with respect to your late night cider bus Swift shenanigans I don't think Taylor consults your opinion when making decisions.

15 minutes ago, august1 said:

They wont be able to confirm artists for ages. If they said Taylor is headlining, people would rush to the conclusion the other two aren't etc

I think they could do what Bilbao BBK have done and release some names, and just have a line saying "we're still working hard to confirm all the same acts for next year. These are confirmed and we'll announce more in due course"

Just a hunch but I could see Macca being one of the first confirmed, with Diana Ross.

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Are there any thoughts we might go down the normal route of announcements ? .. or is it a given that Glastonbury follows what others are doing ? 

I really hope they don't just do things normally; would hate to have to wait til next march for the lineup poster.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I really hope they don't just do things normally; would hate to have to wait til next march for the lineup poster.

It’s just a thought that they might not want to venture much from the normal route of selling tickets based on announced acts ... but to counter that October and April will both effectively be resales .. as most tickets at present are sold 

1 hour ago, august1 said:

They wont be able to confirm artists for ages. If they said Taylor is headlining, people would rush to the conclusion the other two aren't etc

I don't think many people would come to that conclusion, especially if the announcement was presented in a sensible way.

People know that Glastonbury can be a bit erratic with their announcements, and that in recent years headliners have often been announced individually rather than all together.

For example, in 2011 Beyonce and Coldplay were both announced before it was confirmed that U2 were playing after having cancelled the previous year and nobody jumped to conclusions then.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I think they could do what Bilbao BBK have done and release some names, and just have a line saying "we're still working hard to confirm all the same acts for next year. These are confirmed and we'll announce more in due course'

I can see many festivals taking this approach, it entices the punters from previous years, however I'd love to see a mix of new acts and those who were due to play this year as it seeks unfair that an up and coming act may miss an opportunity next year because so many acts are coming back 

As well as this TRNSMT managed to get the majority of acts back but what risk is there if the acts aren't as popular/relevant next year 

4 hours ago, jparx said:

I think they could do what Bilbao BBK have done and release some names, and just have a line saying "we're still working hard to confirm all the same acts for next year. These are confirmed and we'll announce more in due course"

Just a hunch but I could see Macca being one of the first confirmed, with Diana Ross.

Its sold out, they dont have to do anything. The others are showing good faith with current ticket holders and ones who might want to go next year cause they have to do what they can to spur on sales.  Glasto can sit tight easily until September and then put some news out. I do think it will be much different though with whatever they choose to do and announce more artists ahead of a poster. 

Its either that, or they drop a big bomb during Glasto Weekend. 

13 hours ago, jparx said:

I think Macca is definitely the strongest option. The other two, Kenny more so will be a show because he's here.

On 5/29/2020 at 7:07 PM, nikkic said:

Majority female line up? Yes. 

But let’s mix up styles a bit? 

Throw in Yeah Yeah Yeahs for a start. 

Agreed. A line up of Bey, Swift and Gaga would be just as disagreeable as a line up of three guitar bands. The Pyramid does it best when there's a bit of something for everyone at the top of the bill over the three days.