2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The reason why in my mind the ship has sailed with Gaga headlining Glastonbury is because there’s been too many “good times” to book her and it just hasn’t happened. It makes me wonder whether Glasto HQ are really bothered with her or whether Gaga is really that bothered with Glastonbury. She’s not a killers style booking at all.

Hehe quoting me.

I feel like with the release of chromatica it has made me rethink why Gaga has been absent from Glastonbury. 

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The reason why in my mind the ship has sailed with Gaga headlining Glastonbury is because there’s been too many “good times” to book her and it just hasn’t happened. It makes me wonder whether Glasto HQ are really bothered with her or whether Gaga is really that bothered with Glastonbury. She’s not a killers style booking at all.

You're wrong. I've just looked at her tour dates and she has never played in Europe over the Glastonbury weekend apart from 2009 when she played. I just think her tour dates have never aligned with the festival.

42 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hehe quoting me.

I feel like with the release of chromatica it has made me rethink why Gaga has been absent from Glastonbury. 

I was totally hoping you’d start arguing with that.

I think it’s going to happen. Taylor Swift looks to be non-returning and I think they would be against replacing with an all-male group unless the options dictated that they had to. Lady Gaga wasn’t offended to replace Beyoncé at Coachella (albeit paid handsomely). Good time to do it.

3 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Kendrick not on the Bilbao bbk 2021 line up, depsite being booked for 2020. Looking less and less likely by the day that he'll be at Glastonbury

BBK is hoping to add Kendrick to the lineup in the next couple of weeks, according to one of their Facebook comments. I think negotiations are taking a bit longer. 

Glastonbury, Open'er, Roskilde, Rock Werchter, NOS Alive, British Summer Time, BBK Bilbao, two Lollapaloozas, Open Air, Wireless among others is a big one to reschedule. 

3 hours ago, jparx said:

Gaga would definitely be just about an equal replacement to any of those in terms of my own excitement. I'd still rather Taylor, but Gaga comes pretty damn close.

If this year wasn't cancelled Gaga would surely have been one of the favourites for 2021 - new album is full of bangers to add to the ones she already had.  She would go down a storm on the Pyramid - it needs to happen soon.

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

and Carly Rae, Charli and Camilla subbing? 

Throw Robyn, Dua Lipa, and Lana in there too.

So many festivals out there with majority male lineups, so why not switch things up and have a majority female lineup? Times are changing and you can either become history, or make it.

Edited by Gilgamesh69
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So many festivals out there with majority male lineups, so why not switch things up and have a majority female lineup? Times are changing and you can either become history, or make it.

How good would that be - it would be some party!

Would love to see it

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

That lineup to me would be great. Regardless of a gender talking point those are fantastic artists that every lineup should aim to have.

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Majority female line up? Yes. 

But let’s mix up styles a bit? 

Throw in Yeah Yeah Yeahs for a start. 

• Upvote 1

Swifto will be back. KL is probably a risk as for him Glastonbury is 'just another festival'. Macca is hopefully just flipping over to 2021. Reckon he'll make the dates work.

Always thought Gaga was a 2021 headliner and reckon she will step in if a 2020 one drops out.

18 hours ago, Ridin' Solo said:

You're wrong. I've just looked at her tour dates and she has never played in Europe over the Glastonbury weekend apart from 2009 when she played. I just think her tour dates have never aligned with the festival.

There is the point though of scheduling around Glastonbury if you want to do it.

Personally at this point Gaga, Macca and Taylor would be perfect. 2 I've never seen and one I have but would again. The only thing against that is Fatboy on Other stage Friday night as that's going to be a party. It is also one of the only Other stage headliners I've been interested in seeing there...Rudimental was one but they only got that gig due to the previous years storm cutting it. Major Lazer was fun but I wasn't there for all.

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She knows it's not just another gig

taylorwebsite.jpg

Aye. If there's one show on the 2020 tour she will go out of her way to reschedule, it will be Glastonbury. She's also got a track record of doing one off shows with huge production, so that wouldn't an issue either. It's still on, until it's not.