2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ken in the RW thread is hinting that Kendrick has not rescheduled.

Doesn't sound definitive though. "For the moment".

I can see both Taylor and Kendrick not wanting to commit to these rescheduled shows yet, and that might be what's fuelled the BST non-announcement. They both might end up doing it, but they're not booked yet.

It’s a real fucker headliner-wise that this happened this year of all years, as Emily & co. obviously had to work hard and have been having long discussions to lock in three headliners who might not usually be willing to play for the reduced fee. Any other year I’m sure getting headliners back would be fairly easy, or if not, another equally good one would be available, but all three of this years could just flake out for a number of reasons and it’s hard to think of any realistic equal replacements (for my personal taste, anyway - I’m sure there are tons of people hoping a more standard band or two replaces some of them). 

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It’s a real fucker headliner-wise that this happened this year of all years, as Emily & co. obviously had to work hard and have been having long discussions to lock in three headliners who might not usually be willing to play for the reduced fee. Any other year I’m sure getting headliners back would be fairly easy, or if not, another equally good one would be available, but all three of this years could just flake out for a number of reasons and it’s hard to think of any realistic equal replacements (for my personal taste, anyway - I’m sure there are tons of people hoping a more standard band or two replaces some of them). 

Aye agreed. It really was the holy trinity of headliners, and three acts that they've been trying to get for a while. It's also not like the potential replacements are that exciting/massive unless they somehow get someone GnR or Lady Gaga, neither of which is particularly realistic.

Kendrick would be the one I’d be most gutted to miss.

Macca would have been great but I’ve seen him a few times, including at Glastonbury and I wasn’t too fussed about Taylor.

I’d been looking forward to Kendrick since he became a realistic possibility. Never seen him before, last few times he has been over here something has come up (my selfish daughter chose to be born last time he was in London). Starting to feel like I’m doomed never to see him.

23 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just whacked on the City of Lover gig on Disney+. PLEASE happen next year 😂 I'm sure she will be back in 22/23 if not, but I really want to see her headline on the back of Lover. 

Thanks for the heads up - that's something to watch tonight 😃

5 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Thanks for the heads up - that's something to watch tonight 😃

It's brilliant. It's a shame there's no back catalogue on there (I imagine that's down to the Scooter feud?) but the Lover tracks are phenomenal. Makes me think the Pyramid set would have relied more heavily on acoustic versions of the tracks than I first thought.

Edited by jparx

I’ve stretched this in the 2021 predictions thread but if we are losing most of our top line...

1975, Paul McCartney, Arctic Monkeys as headliners. Diana returning for legends.

Dave, Lizzo, Gerry Cinnamon as subs. (In that order)

Gorlliaz, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys other headliners (with Fatboy bumped down to other sub).

I think this would be a good salvage of what is lost with 2020. It’s not that impossible either.

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve stretched this in the 2021 predictions thread but if we are losing most of our top line...

1975, Paul McCartney, Arctic Monkeys as headliners. Diana returning for legends.

Gorlliaz, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys other headliners (with Fatboy bumped down to other sub).

I think this would be a good salvage of what is lost with 2020. It’s not that impossible either.

I don't like the sight of a Kendrick-less prediction.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Really don’t see the headliner trio looking like that - from the most varied trio the festival has had to a bunch of lads and a bunch of guitars. Maybe one of Taylor or Kendrick replaced by a standard band, but not both.

If Taylor is out, they need to get Gaga on the blower ASAP and offer her whatever she wants.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Really don’t see the headliner trio looking like that - from the most varied trio the festival has had to a bunch of lads and a bunch of guitars. Maybe one of Taylor or Kendrick replaced by a standard band, but not both.

If Taylor is out, they need to get Gaga on the blower ASAP and offer her whatever she wants.

2014 was the most varied IMO.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not even close.

Just now, jparx said:

Really? A rock band, a metal band and an indie rock band?

Florence, Kanye and The Who springs to mind immediately.

I suppose in terms of the rock spectrum it was a good range. Kasabian have enough appeal to the "mainstream normie" crowd too.

I still think Metallica is the most ballsy choice for a headliner that Glastonbury have booked.

16 minutes ago, VCK said:

I suppose in terms of the rock spectrum it was a good range. Kasabian have enough appeal to the "mainstream normie" crowd too.

I still think Metallica is the most ballsy choice for a headliner that Glastonbury have booked.

No way. 

Jay Z takes that for sure. 

Might not seem it now because we’ve had various rap and pop stars since, but at the time it was a huge booking that caused uproar.