2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

I remember a point during Kasabian (probably Fire), looking around and just thinking if a plane flew overhead now and a passenger looked out the window they’d think they were flying above a war zone. The amount of crowd pyro was impressive.

Kasabian were class in 2014, really do take some shit off this forum but as said above I’d sooner them, than the likes of Muse.

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Is it impossible that Kasabian sub?

Even in 2014 it felt they were a stretch for a relevant headliner, even if they're tried and tested on the road.

Always gonna pack out a field, but surely wouldn't crack through a layer of Kendrick/Taylor/Gaga/1975/Macca as it stands. If Glasto have 5-6 de facto headliners booked in 2021 to make up for a lost year, Kasabian subbing (as they did in 2009, smashed it under Bruce) wouldn't be a bad look, and would surely go off. Not sure they'd get a better chance to return to glory.

Got about as much chance of subbing as The Cribs do.

For different reasons.

Also, The Cribs should be headliners.

12 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Is it impossible that Kasabian sub?

Even in 2014 it felt they were a stretch for a relevant headliner, even if they're tried and tested on the road.

Always gonna pack out a field, but surely wouldn't crack through a layer of Kendrick/Taylor/Gaga/1975/Macca as it stands. If Glasto have 5-6 de facto headliners booked in 2021 to make up for a lost year, Kasabian subbing (as they did in 2009, smashed it under Bruce) wouldn't be a bad look, and would surely go off. Not sure they'd get a better chance to return to glory.

I think they’ll headline again at some point. Kasabian headlining again seems quite similar to The Killers for me, I doubt the festival will be desperate to get them but in a quiet year they’re an easy band to get who will undoubtedly go down well on the night. 

I loved Arcade Fire’s set in 2014 and while overall it was a weak year for headliners, Kasabian were objectively the best headliner that year. It wasn’t a classic set by any means but it seemed to go down well with pretty much everyone there, which is more than can be said for a lot of headliners since then.

36 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think they’ll headline again at some point. Kasabian headlining again seems quite similar to The Killers for me, I doubt the festival will be desperate to get them but in a quiet year they’re an easy band to get who will undoubtedly go down well on the night. 

I imagine Serge’s contact details are in a folder called “headliners we could call in a pinch”.

23 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I remember a point during Kasabian (probably Fire), looking around and just thinking if a plane flew overhead now and a passenger looked out the window they’d think they were flying above a war zone. The amount of crowd pyro was impressive.

Kasabian were class in 2014, really do take some shit off this forum but as said above I’d sooner them, than the likes of Muse.

Yeah I'd take them over Muse now and I was a big Muse fan (forgetting post BH&R)

Kasabian have been pretty absent recently with their only gig of the year being cancelled in 2020 and no dates since 2018. If they were a good pick at any time, its 2021. But after a fallow year recently, wider bookings and 2020's cancellation, there is probably the biggest headliner pool ever for 2021.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

But after a fallow year recently, wider bookings and 2020's cancellation, there is probably the biggest headliner pool ever for 2021.

I’m certainly backtracking on this line of thinking myself. The uncertainty on whether shows can be booked for next year will have probably forced larger, more well-off artists to look at returning to touring in 2022 instead. If they schedule and have to cancel, they lose money. That’s why the only announcements now are rescheduled shows from acts with dates already.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’m certainly backtracking on this line of thinking myself. The uncertainty on whether shows can be booked for next year will have probably forced larger, more well-off artists to look at returning to touring in 2022 instead. If they schedule and have to cancel, they lose money. That’s why the only announcements now are rescheduled shows from acts with dates already.

True but not many announcements happen for shows in like January onwards happen at this time in the first place, so i think tours will still be announced for 2021 just when corona has got a bit better as even for the biggest acts sales will be tough announcing at the peak of the crisis.

Not sure on this logic but would big artists lean more towards doing festivals next year as it removes a lot of the potential risk for them and shifts it to the festival organisers? Means they can still do shows but less uncertainty and hassle for them

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

True but not many announcements happen for shows in like January onwards happen at this time in the first place, so i think tours will still be announced for 2021 just when corona has got a bit better as even for the biggest acts sales will be tough announcing at the peak of the crisis.

Not sure on this logic but would big artists lean more towards doing festivals next year as it removes a lot of the potential risk for them and shifts it to the festival organisers? Means they can still do shows but less uncertainty and hassle for them

I’m talking about planning tours. Acts touring next year are going to be planning now. Would it be wise for acts to plan tours for next year right now if cancellation would be a major financial blow?

Just doing fests doesn’t help. They still have to hire staff, pay for transport and all the stuff that goes with a a tour. Cancellation would be a lot of hassle.

48 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’m talking about planning tours. Acts touring next year are going to be planning now. Would it be wise for acts to plan tours for next year right now if cancellation would be a major financial blow?

Just doing fests doesn’t help. They still have to hire staff, pay for transport and all the stuff that goes with a a tour. Cancellation would be a lot of hassle.

Yup. This is something that needs to be considered. If we have a second wave it would be fucking stupid to plan a tour now.