2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

People love to dunk on Arctic Monkeys chronic inability to deliver an enjoyable live performance, but in their defence they didn't bring out Noel Fielding dressed as a dancing Wallachian warlord .

They had Guy Garvey in a mustard anorak.

Slightly off topic but when do we think we will get our first headliner announcement? Given other festivals have already started releasing their lineups for next year, do we think we could potentially expect a nice little announcement over the weekend the fest is supposed to be on this year? I know Glastonbury don’t tend to release lineups as early as other fests but obviously these are not normal times!

1 minute ago, tigger123 said:

Slightly off topic but when do we think we will get our first headliner announcement? Given other festivals have already started releasing their lineups for next year, do we think we could potentially expect a nice little announcement over the weekend the fest is supposed to be on this year? I know Glastonbury don’t tend to release lineups as early as other fests but obviously these are not normal times!

I wouldn’t be suprised if we got something on the day they were playing a year in advance ... maybe not the time because that might be too late to get any press ..

1 minute ago, tigger123 said:

Probably one of the most on topic comments on this thread.

I think we’ll hear something earlier than normal, but not sure when. Maybe the summer? If they’re rolling over a chunk of the 2020 lineup I think e could have a big announcement of that first, rather than an individual headliner one.

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Genuine question...

How many of the regulars in here who slag them off were actually there that night?

Am are weird. They’ve played the festival twice but the looming chance of them playing again seems to hold over the festival every year. I really like them and I’ve enjoyed them in the four times I’ve seen them. I think the “AM or bust” lot on social media gives them a bit of a bad rep but I do like them as a band. They do have some fantastic songs.

I must admit I don’t know where they are going at the moment. AM was probably the biggest album of their career globally, Tranquility was divisive... and the more I think about it the more I’m not too sure whether I like it. I never put it on and listen to it, if that’s any indicator of anything. I have no idea where the band are going now so there is a big ? over their future. I reckon this lines them up for another big comeback. I think all they have to do is release a more commercially friendly record and things will be back to AM levels. Their fanbase is very strong.

2 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

I wouldn't mind to have the Artics as headliner at all. 

As long as they leave the last album to rest it's fine. I enjoyed them a lot last time, Alex is the most charismatic front man if I'm honest but the only thing I really thought could have been better was a faster version of Mardy Bum. That aside, setlist was probably as good as I could have hoped for at the time.

They aren't who I would choose but they are far from what I'd dislike.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Every time I check Wikipedia to see what I watched on Sunday night in 2014, I realise again that I should have watched Kasabian.

I regret not watching Massive Attack sometimes, but then I really enjoyed Kasabian so oh well

6 hours ago, TKOCF said:

I will permanently advocate for Kasabian to have another shot headlining.

I’d take them back over Muse any day of the week.

I'm not a huge Kasabian fan but they smashed it. I agree with Muse, they are gone now. 2016 I left when they did Madness for Underworld and it's not a regret,

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I really don’t think Muse need to headline again. I reckon in the distant future they could headline the other stage.

If they’re still a strong festival headliner now then they’re always going to be. Gonna be the 2000’s equivalent of Depeche Mode.