2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

Picked this up from the Pukkelpop thread, from a guy who has proved to have a lot of insight of European fests. Taylor starting to look unlikely.

On 5/5/2020 at 3:32 AM, Ken19 said:

I think most of the line ups will be back in 2021, 60/70%. The others we can expect the following years (Taylor Swift would not be back in 2021, something that I’ve heard, but she will be in 22/23, something with a new album by then).

The contracts are still counting, the fans who had a ticket for this year will be there too next year most of the time...

1 hour ago, eyebrain said:

Picked this up from the Pukkelpop thread, from a guy who has proved to have a lot of insight of European fests. Taylor starting to look unlikely.

Nope, I'm not sure I'm ready to accept this. 

Is today the day where hyde park are contacting attendees? Hopefully some positive news will come out. 

Well, we know she's touring NA and SA next year. It may be that she's doing her own shows rather than festivals, but I do expect her to be in Europe (if that's possible) in some capacity as well. And I'm also not sure if she's ruled out of European festivals, that means she won't be doing Glastonbury. Glastonbury is a different beast to the likes of Mad Cool.

All to play for. We'll probably have a strong indication when the BST email goes out. 

If Taylor does drop out then I would imagine that there are a few back-ups in the pipeline. Assuming that they wanted to stick with a female pop vibe then I guess that they would be making a call to Gaga and I think that Due Lipa is likely to be knocking on the door of a headline slot by then. If they wanted a safe bet signed early then you always have the Artic Monkeys or (shudder) Coldplay. I just can't see Drake or Ariana Grande clicking with a Glastonbury crowd. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Well, we know she's touring NA and SA next year. It may be that she's doing her own shows rather than festivals, but I do expect her to be in Europe (if that's possible) in some capacity as well. And I'm also not sure if she's ruled out of European festivals, that means she won't be doing Glastonbury. Glastonbury is a different beast to the likes of Mad Cool.

All to play for. We'll probably have a strong indication when the BST email goes out. 

That seems a bit like clutching at straws. If she's planning on coming back to do festivals in Europe in 22/23 with new material then I can't see her not just pushing Glastonbury back until then too. 

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

That seems a bit like clutching at straws. If she's planning on coming back to do festivals in Europe in 22/23 with new material then I can't see her not just pushing Glastonbury back until then too. 

Aye, strikes me as a “I’m not in Europe next year, but when I do return I’ll play” kind of deal.

Really hoping Kendrick hasn’t done similar.

Just can't see Taylor not touring Europe next year, though? Particularly a show in the UK since she's half based here. It's not as though she's not wanting to leave the US, since we know she's rearranging that Brazil date. If she's doing South America, I can't see why she wouldn't do something in Europe. Perhaps she's doing arenas later in the year? 

I still think there's every chance she's at Glastonbury, personally. If we find out next week that she's not doing BST next year, then it takes a hammering. I'm optimistic until that time though.

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Aye, strikes me as a “I’m not in Europe next year, but when I do return I’ll play” kind of deal.

Really hoping Kendrick hasn’t done similar.

Considering it appears as though Kendrick has delayed his album I would be suprised if he hasnt also tried to just delay the festivals to next year too

Doesn't seem likely that Swifty will skip an entire cycle of festival touring on this album, particularly with the dates she has for 2021 already. There was a big push around her playing different shows and appearing at festivals for the first time, I can't see why this wouldn't also be the case next year. I'm firmly in the it's happening camp. 

15 minutes ago, barcelonista1899 said:

Hurricane and Southside have just confirmed their first poster for 2021, which is the weekend before Glastonbury. Bound to be a few heading to Pilton the weekend after.

FB_IMG_1588773971190.jpg

Is that a different lineup to this years?

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Just looking at the headliners, and they're all the same bar Twenty One Pilots. 

Was seeing Wolf Alice there.  Are they now touring as I didn’t think they were announced for anything this year? (I presumed that’s why they weren’t announced for Glastonbury in the end)

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Was seeing Wolf Alice there.  Are they now touring as I didn’t think they were announced for anything this year? (I presumed that’s why they weren’t announced for Glastonbury in the end)

Wolf Alice look to have been down for 2020 as well. I thought they weren't touring as well, but must have been. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Wolf Alice look to have been down for 2020 as well. I thought they weren't touring as well, but must have been. 

Hmm they must of been at Glastonbury then, surely.  Still surprises me the likes of CATBM weren’t on the poster either 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Hmm they must of been at Glastonbury then, surely.  Still surprises me the likes of CATBM weren’t on the poster either 

Could they have been Taylor's sub? Held off for the stage split/times announcement?