2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

8 hours ago, Gingerfish79 said:

I hold little hope of it ever happening, but I think it would be a shame if Slipknot never graced the Pyramid. They put on an awesome show and it deserves the biggest of stages.

I think it would be okay if they agreed to the 'rock' slot, it would be one of the older one's I'd actually see. No chance though and I doubt Download would allow it.

Reckon we’ll know unofficially some of the lineup for 2021 before 2020 would have even begun.  

Pearl Jam already confirmed for the Lollapalooza Paris and BST seem to be giving some sort of update in May about their refunds. If Taylor/Kendrick tickets get rolled over for that then they’ll pretty much be guaranteed.  Think a few festivals will make the same sort of announcements too. 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I reckon we might get some sort of confirmations at festival opening time ? or during the festival this year 

Possibly.

The Killers have just postponed their dates till 2021 so if Sam Fender, Manic Street Preachers and whoever else was supporting them are doing so again then you can basically confirm them too

22 minutes ago, sisco said:

Possibly.

The Killers have just postponed their dates till 2021 so if Sam Fender, Manic Street Preachers and whoever else was supporting them are doing so again then you can basically confirm them too

You can confirm them even if they aren't at those gigs. They're both British acts that are guaranteed to be touring.

7 minutes ago, VCK said:

Pulp are trending on Twitter because the members have reunited for a "Twitter listening party" of Different Class with Tim Burgess. Their official Twitter account has been updated for the first time since 2014.

Dare we dream...?:ph34r:

These listening parties have been top class. Some top trivia and takes to be had.

Just now, priest17 said:

These listening parties have been top class. Some top trivia and takes to be had.

I've listened to both Different Class and This Is Hardcore many, many times down the years and it's only tonight I learned that the ending of Bar Italia is at the start of The Fear.

RE the complainers who will "expect more" this time next year. Anyone who won't see returning to Glastonbury as anything but the ultimate life affirming tonic after the previous years shit because Arctic Monkey's aren't playing I would deem has a serious outlook problem.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, 1986 said:

RE the complainers who will "expect more" this time next year. Anyone who won't see returning to Glastonbury as anything but the ultimate life affirming tonic after the previous years shit because Arctic Monkey's aren't playing I would deem has a serious outlook problem.

Haha seconded. Surely no one will though, will they???

Apart from those asshole commenters on Facebook who don't actually have tickets, obvs. 

Just now, Sasperella said:

Haha seconded. Surely no one will though, will they???

Apart from those asshole commenters on Facebook who don't actually have tickets, obvs. 

im hoping those who are purely going for the 50th bucket list thing will  along with giving up their tickets ...... 

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Anyone else see the article that concerts and festivals may not return until 2021 Autumn as a realistic bet atm?

I did read it, and he has a point in that these large scale gatherings will be the last to return, and to be honest, the only real exit strategy to this is via vaccination. I’ve read that a vaccination being worked on in the UK may be ready to go by September at the earliest, and it’ll take about 6 months to get everyone done. Until this happens COVID will be out there. Hopefully this will happen in time for Glastonbury next year but, as is stated in that article, I really don’t see the point of rescheduling tours for later this year. 

Saw some article about festivals in america being unlikely until late next year at the earliest. I'm hoping we have it under control way before that. 

Out of the confirmed 2020 headliners I'll be absolutely heart broken if Taylor isn't there next year, I can take or leave the other 2

I think if Glastonbury seriously looked at a postponement for September before pulling the plug this year, that they would just arrange 2021 for later in the summer if they had any inkling it was a possibility June was a no go. 

None of the ‘experts’ know what’s going on at the moment, let alone what’ll be happening in 12 months. 

15 hours ago, henry bear said:

I did read it, and he has a point in that these large scale gatherings will be the last to return, and to be honest, the only real exit strategy to this is via vaccination. I’ve read that a vaccination being worked on in the UK may be ready to go by September at the earliest, and it’ll take about 6 months to get everyone done. Until this happens COVID will be out there. Hopefully this will happen in time for Glastonbury next year but, as is stated in that article, I really don’t see the point of rescheduling tours for later this year. 

What I will say is that the rescheduled tours are being done I feel based on a clearance period of this year when they have the most hope I think. Myself personally there is a couple of things I want to attend but I also have a lot of money things to sort from the last 6 months so should everything fold this year it won't be the biggest deal for me.

So I’m late to the party in seeing that some think Oasis are reuniting next year. Do you think they’d be an option if one of the three don’t come back? I think they’d be a solid band to pursue if Paul won’t come back.

Kendrick Lamar // Oasis // Taylor Swift would be a solid post pandemic bash.

Edited by Matt42