2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

I agree, and can’t see it happening next year assuming Neil Finn wants to reschedule the Crowded House dates.

I think if Neil Finn wants to do Crowded House but he’s got Fleetwood Mac obligations then it’s tough tits. Especially considering the same dispute with Lindsay was the reason there was a space open for him in the first place.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I forgot about Gaga actually. But Ariana I don't see, Billie would need a new album no., and I think she subs. Madonna isn't happening, I think Beyonce is a one time, I don't know if FM will agree the fee and Lizzo is not headlining Glastonbury yet.

Why not Ariana? I really dunno how Taylor can headline but Ariana can’t. 

Gaz in the nicest way I think you forget that artists can release new albums and get back in the charts. Ariana isn’t really in the press that much at the moment because she’s just finished an album cycle. This is just something I see you do a lot.

Edited by Matt42

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think if Neil Finn wants to do Crowded House but he’s got Fleetwood Mac obligations then it’s tough tits. Especially considering the same dispute with Lindsay was the reason there was a space open for him in the first place.

Of course if FM were viewing up 2021 to tour again then that would be the case, but I’m sure I read recently that they had no plans to tour again so soon. That said, I’d happily have them on the farm next year (but not at the expense of Macca).

16 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Given comments made above about ME possibly having future headliners booked, the only one I can think of is the obvious one, and if god willing they, and macca, all come through this unscathed then I'd take a stab at:

Taylor Swift, Fleetwood Mac, Macca.

The only consistent theme I find in the last decade of headliners is not a fealty to a music type but a sorta booking ideology of:

Slot 1 - early career or a booking unusual for a Glastonbury headliner

Slot 2 - mid-career act

Slot 3 - late career act

If there's a divergence in this pattern the last decade it's often in slots 2 & 3 not slot 1 (like I'd put Muse/Coldplay & Radiohead/Foo Fighters as both being kinda the same career-wise, but both years had what i'd call an early career act in addition). With this in mind if Kendrick drops out I'd expect another early career act to replace him, like the 1975 or Lizzo (barring the "is she ready?" arguments). Fleetwood Mac, if booked, would either be taking the McCartney slot or getting bumped to another year depending, as you never see 2  septuagenarian acts.

I know, I'm daring to say there is a pattern! 🙂 

4 hours ago, assorted said:

The only consistent theme I find in the last decade of headliners is not a fealty to a music type but a sorta booking ideology of:

Slot 1 - early career or a booking unusual for a Glastonbury headliner

Slot 2 - mid-career act

Slot 3 - late career act

If there's a divergence in this pattern the last decade it's often in slots 2 & 3 not slot 1 (like I'd put Muse/Coldplay & Radiohead/Foo Fighters as both being kinda the same career-wise, but both years had what i'd call an early career act in addition). With this in mind if Kendrick drops out I'd expect another early career act to replace him, like the 1975 or Lizzo (barring the "is she ready?" arguments). Fleetwood Mac, if booked, would either be taking the McCartney slot or getting bumped to another year depending, as you never see 2  septuagenarian acts.

I know, I'm daring to say there is a pattern! 🙂 

You're maybe right but if there was ever a year for habits to be broken it's going to be 2021.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

BST has gone.

Be interesting to see whether they book Taylor and Kenny for next year...

Yep. All eyes on rescheduled dates with those two. We’ve officially lost their only UK shows now so let’s see. Sounds like something could be announced in May with the “review future plans” line?

“You will be contacted directly by the ticket agent you purchased from by 6th May allowing us time to review future plans and provide full information on the ticket refund process.“

Here’s a hot take. The 50th never actually happening is not that bad for the festival.

I feel the pressure for this years lineup was so big and the topic of years of discussion that it felt like Glastonbury were trying to live up to some pretty high expectations.

Now 2021 is the next festival it feels more like Glastonbury can carry on without the pressure of naysayers. I hope I never hear “well I expected bigger” ever again tbh.

I hope those who continuously shit on the festival and it’s bookings realise how easily it can all be taken away.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Here’s a hot take. The 50th never actually happening is not that bad for the festival.

I feel the pressure for this years lineup was so big and the topic of years of discussion that it felt like Glastonbury were trying to live up to some pretty high expectations.

Now 2021 is the next festival it feels more like Glastonbury can carry on without the pressure of naysayers. I hope I never hear “well I expected bigger” ever again tbh.

I hope those who continuously shit on the festival and it’s bookings realise how easily it can all be taken away.

care to elaborate ? I presume you are not including any financial hit in those thoughts ? ...I thought they were doing very well living up to the hype personally and thats before many of the other buildup announcements ...

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

care to elaborate ? I presume you are not including any financial hit in those thoughts ? ...I thought they were doing very well living up to the hype personally and thats before many of the other buildup announcements ...

Nah I’m looking at this totally from the view point of a fan :P that it should hopefully reevaluate the views of those who complain about the lineup year on year but still attend anyway.

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Next years lineup should be bigger and better as this year was cancelled....

(is what people will say)

34 minutes ago, sisco said:

Next years lineup should be bigger and better as this year was cancelled....

(is what people will say)

12 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

So true haha

I hope we come out of this with a completely different outlook on life 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I hope we come out of this with a completely different outlook on life 

Sadly everyone will have lots of good intentions and then it’ll all go back to the way it always was.  

I hope I’m wrong.