2021 Headliners

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It won’t be exactly the same, I’d imagine all acts will be offered their slots for next year, but not all will accept for any number of reasons.

Had a few beers in my garden so apologies if this makes no sense. I do wonder if cancellations now have already affected things preplanned for next year. Stuff might of been in place which no longer will go ahead as usual. 

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Had a few beers in my garden so apologies if this makes no sense. I do wonder if cancellations now have already affected things preplanned for next year. Stuff might of been in place which no longer will go ahead as usual. 

Almost certainly, there’ll be acts who will have touring commitments into 2021 that have not been announced yet. Some will probably not be able to make the G as a result. 

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Almost certainly, there’ll be acts who will have touring commitments into 2021 that have not been announced yet. Some will probably not be able to make the G as a result. 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I doubt there would have been many agreements that were signed on the dotted line for summer 2021 by March 2020.

I’m a bit drunk so I will say again as I don’t think I was clear. What I mean is 2021 lose commitments being scrapped because they are competing with 2020 rearrangements. Anything not signed on the dotted line for 2021 is not a secure priority imo. They will have to make a case for it being a bigger priority than a 2020 reschedule. Which is why Glasto’s three (pencilled in) are all at risk tbh.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I doubt there would have been many agreements that were signed on the dotted line for summer 2021 by March 2020.

Not signed but it’s hardly a stretch to imagine the likes of Taylor and Kendrick having tour plans for the next 18-24 months mapped out. The question remains whether they are prepared to deviate from those plans to accommodate the shows they’ve lost this year.

Similarly we know for example that Arctic Monkeys and Coldplay are likely to be active next summer. They could have been based plans around festival appearances that now may or may not happen due to those slots being offered to this year’s crop.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not signed but it’s hardly a stretch to imagine the likes of Taylor and Kendrick having tour plans for the next 18-24 months mapped out. The question remains whether they are prepared to deviate from those plans to accommodate the shows they’ve lost this year.

Similarly we know for example that Arctic Monkeys and Coldplay are likely to be active next summer. They could have been based plans around festival appearances that now may or may not happen due to those slots being offered to this year’s crop.

I'm sure they will, but I think acts are mostly still free to decide rather than bound by contractual obligations.

Festivals should be pretty much free to decide too, I imagine. There's the issue of honouring advance payments, but aside from that there's nothing stipulating that the acts and festivals have to link up again in 2021 leaving the Coldplays and Arctic Monkeyses without a home.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I'm sure they will, but I think acts are mostly still free to decide rather than bound by contractual obligations.

Festivals should be pretty much free to decide too, I imagine. There's the issue of honouring advance payments, but aside from that there's nothing stipulating that the acts and festivals have to link up again in 2021 leaving the Coldplays and Arctic Monkeyses without a home.

There’ll be no contractual obligations but I’d be very surprised if the festival didn’t offer this year’s acts first refusal on next year.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

There’ll be no contractual obligations but I’d be very surprised if the festival didn’t offer this year’s acts first refusal on next year.

I think Glastonbury will probably retain more than others will because it books differently to other fests and doesn't have to fret about the strength of the bill as much. Nevertheless, I could imagine it being at least 30% different because of some more acts becoming available and others going ahead with different plans for 2021 or cancelling them all together.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Glastonbury will probably retain more than others will because it books differently to other fests and doesn't have to fret about the strength of the bill as much. Nevertheless, I could imagine it being at least 30% different because of some more acts becoming available and others going ahead with different plans for 2021 or cancelling them all together.

I think we’re both saying the same thing.

Didn’t t swizz say in her documentary or somewhere that her life is planned out two years in front so she can’t do anything not in plan. Wonder if she’s managed to juggle Glastonbury in for 2021?

Aye, can't imagine the Lover Fest shows going ahead at this point so it's likely the whole thing will be moved to 2021. She does plan ahead but at the same time she's not going to just not tour the new record in USA and Europe because 2020 is written off and she has something else lined up in 2021. She will reschedule it all, just depends if it's like for like (i.e. summer festivals) or she goes for an indoor Winter tour instead.

She's spoke a lot about specifically playing the Lover tracks outdoors in the summer so my money is on her returning next year.

On 4/5/2020 at 4:38 PM, jparx said:

Aye, can't imagine the Lover Fest shows going ahead at this point so it's likely the whole thing will be moved to 2021. She does plan ahead but at the same time she's not going to just not tour the new record in USA and Europe because 2020 is written off and she has something else lined up in 2021. She will reschedule it all, just depends if it's like for like (i.e. summer festivals) or she goes for an indoor Winter tour instead.

She's spoke a lot about specifically playing the Lover tracks outdoors in the summer so my money is on her returning next year.

Yeah I think Taylor is the most likely headliner to return. 

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I think Taylor is the most likely headliner to return. 

I’m thinking the most likely is Macca.  He’s the least likely to be touring year after year so I’m expecting him to just move his whole lot into 2021. 

This could of course be blind optimism as he’s the only one I really wanted to see! 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

I’m thinking the most likely is Macca.  He’s the least likely to be touring year after year so I’m expecting him to just move his whole lot into 2021. 

This could of course be blind optimism as he’s the only one I really wanted to see! 

Nope I agree and Macca was the one I had no interest in (Unless Kendrick has delayed his album in which case I can see him being booked). I doubt everyone is going to just postpone their life by a year and do the exact same tour a year later - Taylor would be better off doing a more lucrative and stan-pleasing stadium/arena tour next year and save the Glasto publicity boost for when she is on a fresh album cycle.

1 hour ago, Slugworth said:

I think we will get three new headliners

That's not unlikely.  I think Swift and Kendrick may have other stuff lined up.

Also M.E. has said in the past they have had future headliners lined up, I know we all take that with a pinch of salt, but if so where does that leave Coldplay's slot for 2021!

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

That's not unlikely.  I think Swift and Kendrick may have other stuff lined up.

Also M.E. has said in the past they have had future headliners lined up, I know we all take that with a pinch of salt, but if so where does that leave Coldplay's slot for 2021!

Legend slot ?:) can’t see d Ross returning ...based on no knowledge :)