2021 Headliners

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

👇

What's your point?, end of december there was concern about a new illness/early January we knew about it and Dua Lipa was nowhere near releasing her 2nd album by then. Future Nostalgia and Don't Start Now are the longest known singles out but I'd definitely say she announced that tour too early for the album....all this stuff I didnt know until now as I only flew back from travels on sunday.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

end of december there was concern about a new illness/early January we knew about it

Not a chance people were deciding not to get gig tickets because of it back then wtf hahaha.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What's your point?, end of december there was concern about a new illness/early January we knew about it and Dua Lipa was nowhere near releasing her 2nd album by then. Future Nostalgia and Don't Start Now are the longest known singles out but I'd definitely say she announced that tour too early for the album....all this stuff I didnt know until now as I only flew back from travels on sunday.

December 6th is not "end of December".

And people in The West almost universally hadn't heard anything about Covid19 in early January.

There were plenty of gigs/events that went onsale in February and sold out instantly. Personally, I bought tickets to Ricky Gervais' tour in May when they went on sale in March. Several of the nights sold out. They put a 2nd arena night on here, which also sold out within 24hrs.

Not sure why people are having such a hard time admitting that Dua Lipa's ticket sales were slow.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

@dentalplan do you not think she’s got a bit bigger between December 6 and now? She seems to have grown in popularity even more at a point where ticket sales are really bad.

Also whilst the sales have not been incredible, the album has been well received by critics and it’s bound to scoop up a few awards (Brit awards definitely). 

She’s being beaten in the midweeks by 5 Seconds of Summer, right?

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Personally I'm delighted to see a good old fashioned efests argument about ticket sales. 

Makes everything feel a bit more normal.

I'm taking credit for instigating a "Are they big enough?" debate.

Dua Lipa is the new Foals. You heard it here first people.

8 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

December 6th is not "end of December".

And people in The West almost universally hadn't heard anything about Covid19 in early January.

There were plenty of gigs/events that went onsale in February and sold out instantly. Personally, I bought tickets to Ricky Gervais' tour in May when they went on sale in March. Several of the nights sold out. They put a 2nd arena night on here, which also sold out within 24hrs.

Not sure why people are having such a hard time admitting that Dua Lipa's ticket sales were slow.

I can't say if they were slow for whatever reason really, I've not been in the country to follow it all but I do think it's harder to compare comedian tickets. Not a fan of Mr Gervais but that's another story

• Downvote 1

On 4/3/2020 at 8:51 AM, Wellyboot said:

I would really love them to headline next year if one of this years three don't!! :) 

Same here! One of the best and likely replacements I could ask for! Saw them headline reading when I wasn't as a big of a fan and I can happily say that the performance made me a fan, they were incredible and would easily smash it on the pyramid

I am a fan of a lot of Dua Lipa's music but honestly don't think she is Pyramid headliner level. Her popularity may have grown but compare her to people like Adele, Coldplay etc. Their tickets are so difficult to get hold of, almost instant sellouts. I think this logic can be applied to most headliners. I can honestly see someone like George Ezra or Lewis Capaldi headlining before her - providing his popularity continues in the way it currently is. Love him or hate him I don't think anyone can deny he is flying at the moment.

Please note I'm not suggesting he is ready to headline yet.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:02 AM, thewayiam said:

What's your point?

My point is really no more than Dua Leep's peeps aren't going to suggest Dua do a leap off the lineup because her album has sent her into headline-only stratosphere, because her sales aren't suggesting that to be true. Using the virus to map out hypotheticals is weak.

20 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I am a fan of a lot of Dua Lipa's music but honestly don't think she is Pyramid headliner level. Her popularity may have grown but compare her to people like Adele, Coldplay etc. Their tickets are so difficult to get hold of, almost instant sellouts. I think this logic can be applied to most headliners. I can honestly see someone like George Ezra or Lewis Capaldi headlining before her - providing his popularity continues in the way it currently is. Love him or hate him I don't think anyone can deny he is flying at the moment.

Please note I'm not suggesting he is ready to headline yet.

Nor do I, I definitely think she should be subbing over headlining Other but not headline level yet for Glastonbury. None of those mentioned are and personally I think Ezra is the furthest behind, his set playing 3rd down last time was alright but it was miles off a headline spot.

I think DL and Capaladi are big shouts for sub sets next year for sure, Noel probably with the 3rd unless he decides not to and if Macca doesn't then I can see him being less bothered.

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

My point is really no more than Dua Leep's peeps aren't going to suggest Dua do a leap off the lineup because her album has sent her into headline-only stratosphere, because her sales aren't suggesting that to be true. Using the virus to map out hypotheticals is weak.

Well you're an idiot....national as no one is suggesting she is headline only.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Nor do I, I definitely think she should be subbing over headlining Other but not headline level yet for Glastonbury. None of those mentioned are and personally I think Ezra is the furthest behind, his set playing 3rd down last time was alright but it was miles off a headline spot.

I think DL and Capaladi are big shouts for sub sets next year for sure, Noel probably with the 3rd unless he decides not to and if Macca doesn't then I can see him being less bothered.

He subbed last time. His crowd was enormous and were loving it.

Ezra will headline first out of him, Capaldi and Dua Lipa. He’s the furthest along what I like to call “the Sheeran path”, has already headlined Latitiude and IOW, last album was huge and there’s no reason to doubt the next one won’t be either.

No doubt in my mind that George Ezra will headline Glastonbury on his next album.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

He subbed.

And like it or not,  I was in that crowd and it was A] huge and B] loved every second of it. In fact, it was the biggest and most engaged crowd I’ve ever seen for a sub, at any festival, and if it was just a bit darker it would have felt like a headline slot. He’s just about there already - a new record a couple more big singles and it’s a slam dunk.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Yes, people had suggested that the new album meant she wouldn’t return to the same slot, on this thread and others. Which I inferred to mean a suggestion to be Pyramid headliner, because that’s the only upwards move (Pyramid sub being lateral, she could have done that anyway).

Also, fuck off.

• Like 1