2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

21 minutes ago, priest17 said:

You'd think if Kendrick had an album due out this year it may well get pushed into next year now so him headlining then would make sense.

If it does get pushed to next year then maybe but I think after teasing that PGLang stuff he'll probably stick to this year.

Seems like the status quo at the moment is to delay your album. I’m happy Dua Lipa didn’t, but it’s weird. I’m guessing this is a great time for streaming but a bad time for sales.

2021 could either look like a bottleneck or a touring year that could rival everything.

Remember Adele is sitting on an album right now she definitely won’t be releasing this year. It’s going to be a big fight to be artist of the year next year.

I think everything is just going to be delayed a year personally. For the most part I think we'll have the same lineup, especially now it looks most/all summer festivals and shows will be off.

My biggest concern with Taylor is weather she already has different plans for next year, shooting a movie, life plans or something. If she does reschedule shows for next year, she'll do Glastonbury I'm sure. She was obviously stoked about the festival - scheduling conflicts will be the only barrier I think. 

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say we'll have the same headliners. The undercard may be quite different with acts demanding bigger slots (e.g. Dua Lipa).

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

If it does get pushed to next year then maybe but I think after teasing that PGLang stuff he'll probably stick to this year.

I only say that as a number of albums that were slated to be coming out around now have been delayed 6 months, so if he was planning on dropping it later this year h'e probably move with all of that so its not drowned out by other anticipated albums. That said I obviously don't know when he was planning on dropping it to begin with (I'm definitely over the surprise album drops at this point ahah) so all of my working out is guesswork.

I also can't see McCartney doing it but I think that's because I want him to so much. I didn't think he'd do it this year until he was announced. JJ might actually have nailed it (although Coldplay would have to be the wettest choice going when they should, in theory, have an abundance of other choices right now).

1 hour ago, jparx said:

The undercard may be quite different with acts demanding bigger slots (e.g. Dua Lipa).

I know it’s well-trodden ground conversationally but I don’t see this being the case for Dua Lipa. She could have subbed Pyramid anyway but was headlining the Other because the festival bookers thought that a more-prestigious slot.

She’s not headlining the Pyramid on this album so that’s not likely to be a demand. I’m not even sure where people are getting that she’s gone turbo now when her arena dates haven’t flown out (I believe they were on sale for around a month pre-virus).

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know it’s well-trodden ground conversationally but I don’t see this being the case for Dua Lipa. She could have subbed Pyramid anyway but was headlining the Other because the festival bookers thought that a more-prestigious slot.

She’s not headlining the Pyramid on this album so that’s not likely to be a demand. I’m not even sure where people are getting that she’s gone turbo now when her arena dates haven’t flown out (I believe they were on sale for around a month pre-virus).

Yeah it looks like there's still standing tickets left for every one of her arena dates so while she's released a good and well received album, I don't think that means she's now headline or nothing. I think she will headline on her next album but I don't see why she can't headline Other next year.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Seems like the status quo at the moment is to delay your album. I’m happy Dua Lipa didn’t, but it’s weird. I’m guessing this is a great time for streaming but a bad time for sales.

2021 could either look like a bottleneck or a touring year that could rival everything.

Remember Adele is sitting on an album right now she definitely won’t be releasing this year. It’s going to be a big fight to be artist of the year next year.

I’m not sure it’ll make a huge difference to physical sales given people mostly buy online anyway.

1.52 million is the smallest number of albums sold in a week since the firm began tracking music sales in 1991. The previous Nielsen/MRC Data-era low for overall album sales came only earlier this year, when 1.65 million were sold in the week ending Jan. 16.

And Billboard estimates 1.52 million is perhaps the smallest sum for total weekly album sales since albums began to take off as a format in the mid-1960s.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9345214/us-album-sales-hit-new-low

Album sales are on the slide, coronavirus or not. The previous LOWEST WEEK EVER OMG came when almost no-one had heard of it and the economy was relatively booming.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:51 AM, Matt42 said:

well she didn't really have much choice, considering it had leaked a few weeks before it was due to be released.

10 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9345214/us-album-sales-hit-new-low

Album sales are on the slide, coronavirus or not. The previous LOWEST WEEK EVER OMG came when almost no-one had heard of it and the economy was relatively booming.

thats a fair point.

51 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No one is buying tour tickets right now. Is it a surprise that hers aren't flying out?

Tickets went on sale December 6

On 4/1/2020 at 9:45 PM, zero000 said:

I know it's an odd time for ticket sales, but her tour for next year in the UK is far from sold out atm: https://www.seetickets.com/search?q=dua+lipa

Of course it's far from being sold, ahe announced the tour, soon after the virus shit storm started and like has been said no one is buying at the moment. Right now is not a time when people have £60 a pop to spent on tickets when having a job is more a worry.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Of course it's far from being sold, ahe announced the tour, soon after the virus shit storm started and like has been said no one is buying at the moment. Right now is not a time when people have £60 a pop to spent on tickets when having a job is more a worry.

👇

On 4/1/2020 at 10:52 PM, dentalplan said:

Tickets went on sale December 6

I don't know who I would say out of the headliners is not likely not to be there next year if one of them isn't, but I do feel if one of them doesn't play next year then The 1975 seem to most likely to replace them in my opinion, alot of people were guessing they were going to be a secret set this year followed up by a headline slot next year, they have also said they are taking a break from touring after NOACF, due to constantly touring back to back albums, so if they don't then their ship could possibly of sailed for a few years...they are also constantly asked about Glasto have made it known they want to headline, and joked in an interview about been asked about headlining this year (as if they were the secret set), they are big enough to do it now and out on a great show so I got my fingers crossed!

7 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

I don't know who I would say out of the headliners is not likely not to be there next year if one of them isn't, but I do feel if one of them doesn't play next year then The 1975 seem to most likely to replace them in my opinion, alot of people were guessing they were going to be a secret set this year followed up by a headline slot next year, they have also said they are taking a break from touring after NOACF, due to constantly touring back to back albums, so if they don't then their ship could possibly of sailed for a few years...they are also constantly asked about Glasto have made it known they want to headline, and joked in an interview about been asked about headlining this year (as if they were the secret set), they are big enough to do it now and out on a great show so I got my fingers crossed!

I would really love them to headline next year if one of this years three don't!! :) 

@dentalplan do you not think she’s got a bit bigger between December 6 and now? She seems to have grown in popularity even more at a point where ticket sales are really bad.

Also whilst the sales have not been incredible, the album has been well received by critics and it’s bound to scoop up a few awards (Brit awards definitely).